Fill Out Surveys, Earn Cash and Win Videogames!

Pages PREV 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 NEXT

DTWolfwood:
Website is borked <.< it wont except my sign up D:<

Try again in a bit, then if you still can't get in, let me know.

Nam Yensa:
Im still unsure how the Escapist will know if I join...\

Could someone explain?

If you clicked through from our link you are good to go.

dududf:

lacktheknack:

dududf:
My scam senses are tingling.
*Edit

It's a scam. Not big surprise.

Proof?

Please hurry, I wanna know if I should unsign.

It says it will delete all your information when you close your account.

Yet when you close your account it essentially says it will hold onto all of your information in case you want to join again.

Secondly, you only get the money by telling them everything about you, in alarming detail. We're talking illnesses, to type of car, to where you live, if certain members in your family have medical conditions e.t.c.

Even when you do fill out everything 100% you still do not get the survey that gives you money.

Fourthly, if you magically get the survey, they don't pay you cash, merely credits.

Also the free offer of music seems to be bullshit.

Is that enough information for you? I can go on.

If you don't feel as though this offer is not for you, then don't do it.

Also, your points are invalid.

• You are given surveys that match you demographic, hence all of the questions
  • Once you have enough surveys, you can cash out and they give you a debit card with money on it (that you can spend anywhere) or a gift card, depending on where you live
  • The music will be delivered to you within 48 hours of signing up (which was also in one of my previous posts)
  • If you choose to voice your opinion about this further, please PM. Anything else will be considered trolling.

I've been convinced it's not a scam, but for a company that works in the videogames industry, they certainly don't seem to know much about it. In the gaming systems section of the profile they list "Gameboy DS" and "Nintendo" as systems.

How do i get the promised music? I completed my profile on VGM site.

Either the escapist is profiting from this promotion, or they're just gullible.

Scam or not, no one's going to see their time adequately rewarded.

Took the surveys. Did not win money.
    I am disappoint.

theriddlen:

It will be delivered to you within 48 hours of signing up.

Ziel:

How are we gullible? Feel free to PM me with your thoughts.

zipzod:
    I am disappoint.

You don't WIN money. You take the surveys, they take a bit to process, then you can claim your money/certificate. Then they send it to you.

They aren't going to get much info from me if the questions seem to mostly cater for their American users.

I know it's the Escapist, but the old rule still stands.

Surveys for money is ALWAYS a scam.

Do I sign up on the escapist or somewhere else

I trust the Escapist and don't think that this is likely a scam, but I just don't feel comfortable giving out so much personal information to people I don't know. I understand that it's not being used for any kind of harm, but having people I don't know holding onto things like my home address, cell phone number, what kind of home I have, and how much I make a year is kind of scary. Even the government doesn't have that much info on me (at least, I don't think so...).

Also, everyone complaining about not receiving their free music right away? It's music. Go on Youtube and listen to it if you really can't wait. Chill out.

well its been a few hours i can honestly say this is like always a US only thing.
    unless your in the us getting any surveys is highly unlikely.
    like 80% of the questions are US oriented and only have us information ie stores,companies and such, and so like Zipzod said:

zipzod:

I am disappoint.

So I'm looking through the questions and they asked me if I had prostrate cancer.

Do I have a malignancy that makes me throw myself to the ground? No. Do I get paid a bonus for proofreading the survey? Sadly, no.

Spinwhiz:

dududf:

lacktheknack:

dududf:
    *Edit

It's a scam. Not big surprise.

Proof?

Please hurry, I wanna know if I should unsign.

It says it will delete all your information when you close your account.

Yet when you close your account it essentially says it will hold onto all of your information in case you want to join again.

Secondly, you only get the money by telling them everything about you, in alarming detail. We're talking illnesses, to type of car, to where you live, if certain members in your family have medical conditions e.t.c.

Even when you do fill out everything 100% you still do not get the survey that gives you money.

Fourthly, if you magically get the survey, they don't pay you cash, merely credits.

Also the free offer of music seems to be bullshit.

Is that enough information for you? I can go on.

If you don't feel as though this offer is not for you, then don't do it.

Also, your points are invalid.

• You are given surveys that match you demographic, hence all of the questions
  • Once you have enough surveys, you can cash out and they give you a debit card with money on it (that you can spend anywhere) or a gift card, depending on where you live
  • The music will be delivered to you within 48 hours of signing up (which was also in one of my previous posts)
  • If you choose to voice your opinion about this further, please PM. Anything else will be considered trolling.

Thanks for clarifying! I was just about to ask about the music again :P

Then i'll just have to wait a bit longer.
    Oh, BTW do you know if Oblivion or Morrowind's soundtrack is included? (I love that soundtrack!)

anyone else getting a 403?

>"You do not have permission to view this directory or page using the credentials that you supplied"

awww...

Ugh. I tried this for a little bit, but I never realized how tedious and endless doing surveys is. I couldn't even finish one, it went on so long.

So not worth it. I canceled.

Spinwhiz if you see this could you possibly answer this question of mine? I'm curious about signing up for this survey but because it does require an address, just exactly what would they be sending to my physical address? I most certainly would hate to find twenty letters in my mail box suggesting I join netflix, blockbuster (lol), Direct TV etc...

And because it says on the VGMarket website you are e-mailed coupons redeemed for Amazon.com, just what benefit is there to giving them my P.O Box? Wouldn't my city, state and zip code be good enough for them?

Yay! I completed my firs quiz and a second and now have a grand balance of $1.20 :D

Spinwhiz:

theriddlen:

Ziel:

zipzod:
    I am disappoint.

You don't WIN money. You take the surveys, they take a bit to process, then you can claim your money/certificate. Then they send it to you.

WHEN will they send it though its been over a day.

Spinwhiz:
    Snip

I don't exactly see how it is trolling. I'll keep it to PM's however in respect to your wishes.

I still don't like it. Not at all.

Ahh, i thought it will be a link to download this album in digital form.

So, snail mail. If my local post office won't steal it, then i have a chance of receiving it in next two weeks.

seydaman:

Always_Remain:
    The Escapist sure seems paranoid today.

We're all afraid of losing our identities because the Escapist went turncoat.
    Although the privacy policy kind of quells my fears a little
    A LITTLE
    " * We will not make any personal information of our participants available to anyone without your knowledge (as described in this policy), except in the rare instances required by law. This includes your name, e-mail address, zip code, age, and gender.
    * We will never try to sell you anything - that is not our business. We will never sell your name to anyone else who might want to sell you anything.
    * Your individual responses to surveys will also be kept confidential and will never be linked to your personal identifying information.
    * Your decisions about participating in a study, responding to specific questions, or discontinuing participation will be respected without question.
    * When you register for the invitation list, we collect the following personal identifying information: your name, age, gender, zip code, and email address.
    "
    Edit: And just incase this goes to court or something, printed and stored the documents.

But why WOULD the Escapist go "turncoat"? To piss of it's huge, loyal community? To lose all of it's supports? To just . . . TAKE OVER THE WORLD?!

Also another question. I took the general consumer survey worth $1.00 and when I finished the survey it redirected me to clear voice survey, so seeing as the survey was over I went back to VGMarket and checked my account to find that the survey choice was gone, there was no pending and no cash credited?

Well, I've seen a lot of these in the past that have been a con. However, I read through the stuff posted pretty carefully, and couldn't see anything to catch us out. And it's being promoted by The Escapist, which I've always seen as a reputable site, run by a reputable company. So yeah, sounds good, and I've signed up. As long as they don't want my bank details or anything, which frankly seems very unlikely, I don't see a problem here :D.

ProtoChimp:

Spinwhiz:

theriddlen:

Ziel:

zipzod:
    I am disappoint.

WHEN will they send it though its been over a day.

If you read the FAQ, you have to wait until the survey closes, which could take 2-4 weeks. Until then, the rewards are listed under "Pending Rewards" or something to that effect.

This seems too good to be true, especially considering i have a job where i can browse the net the majority of teh time, so i would actually be able to make money while making money. (insert xzibit face) without having to learn how to be awesome at poker.

Normally i'd take this for a scam without thinking twice, but i really trust the escapist, so i signed up and filled out all the info... now(this is big props, you are internetz after all)

Halfway on topic, i know a guy who works for a survey company, and he hooked me up with an interview, where some chick came to my appartment 2 weeks ago to talk about home rolled ciggarets.
    Had to talk for about 2 hours and got a 70$ gift certificate usable in shitloads of stores.

i trust the escapist so im really hoping this aint a scam..

so far i did the first survey and i didnt get my 1 dollar like it said so im kinda aynoyyed and i just got linked to a differint survey site

Shihoudani:
    Also another question. I took the general consumer survey worth $1.00 and when I finished the survey it redirected me to clear voice survey, so seeing as the survey was over I went back to VGMarket and checked my account to find that the survey choice was gone, there was no pending and no cash credited?

exact same thing happened to me..

Oh dear, all of you people are so naive.

It sounds too good to be true because it is.

It's a scam.
    The escapist is not god, the escapist is a business and their goal as a business is to make money.
    And apparently, they are willing to use their (often a bit to) devoted community members to do so.
    It's really sad too, because all the people on here are like "I would take this as a scam, but it trust the escapist, so imma do it."

This community makes this site, and apparently this site doesn't have the respect for it's community to not try to pull something like this. That's pretty fucking sad.

Sounds good to me.

Spinwhiz:

dududf:

Best not be shitting us spinwhiz.

The Escapist would not partner up with someone if they weren't 100% legit and we sure as heck wouldn't then tell our community about it.

This is the real deal folks, enjoy!

there is a loophole to what spinwhiz said all he said is that they not tell us about it whether or not it was legit.
    I joined anyways though i like being heard.

well...its been almost 24hrs...and alas I havent received any spam directly related to the site, I did however, receive a few invites to take surveys. so far, so good I reckon

How much money did VGM offer the Escapist to refer its members to the their website?

(btw, I'm not trying to troll. Considering the Escapist is directing its members to give out very personal information about themselves, I think this is a fair question.)

Das Arschloch:
    well...its been almost 24hrs...and alas I havent received any spam directly related to the site, I did however, receive a few invites to take surveys. so far, so good I reckon

Same here. No spam, nothing wrong with computer. $1.35 waiting in credit. Thank you escapist for this opportunity.

Seems all good for those who have been waiting for messages like these.

i already terminated my account outta paranoia

i think escapist turned on us...

its called vgmarket surveys but they barely ask for any of our opinion on actual games besides one little section... wth do they need our income, education and CAR of all things for videogame surveys

hell the surveys arent even based on video games, i got one for education and another just asking for personal info...

Pages PREV 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 NEXT

Reply to Thread

Have an account? Login below:
    With Facebook:Login With Facebook
    or
    Username:  
    Password:  

Not registered? To sign up for an account with The Escapist:
    Register With Facebook
    Register With Facebook
    or
    Registered for a free account here