Fill Out Surveys, Earn Cash and Win Videogames!

Pages PREV 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 NEXT

Only Reason im doing this is because it's The escapist and i trust you guys

Why does it need to have my address?

I have joined the survey site and have 100% of my profile complete, but i donīt get the escapist survey.
Instead i get this message "You are not currently invited to any surveys. To increase your chances of qualifying, please take some time to UPDATE your profiles. New car? Baby? House? Please let us know."
Well i will try again tomorrow. Iīm not a great fan of the surveys but i hope this help the site.

Normally there's no way I'd do this, but I trust the Escapist, so I trust something they'd be willing to endorse. Already made and set up my account!

Signed up, filled out all the profiles available, did all the daily polls... a full day later, still not a single survey invitation for me to earn rewards.

Seems like if youre not in the US they just take your personal information and dont bother giving anything in return.

I completed the 1 dollar quiz.

Redirected me to a sister site, just like the others. No pending monies.

Spinwhiz, I trust you, but this is making my skin crawl. Please make sure this pays off.

Eh, I filled everything out and did all the surveys, and I have $1.20 pending. Not even earned yet; I have to wait for the surveys to close to get anything. Kinda weak, but I've tried these things before and they usually pay out if you stick with them eventually. It just took me about 2 years of random surveys to get a $15 iTunes card last time I tried this with another company.

I think the problem is there are too many 18-25 year old males with free time on the Internet, and I get to the surveys too late half the time.

So how's this working out for the non-Americans out there? Is it worth a Brit signing up, or am I going to get one survey once in a blue moon and about $.60 a year?

$1.10 pending from only doing three surveys during my free time in less the 24 hours. That's not bad at all. Waiting the 2 or 4 weeks isn't that big of a deal, considering how much pending I COULD have by then... that's if the surveys come at a steady pace.

http://www.vgmarketsurveys.com/?campaign=escapist yields:

Server Error
403 - Forbidden: Access is denied.
You do not have permission to view this directory or page using the credentials that you supplied.

FAIL!

Licaon_Kter:
http://www.vgmarketsurveys.com/?campaign=escapist yields:

Server Error
You do not have permission to view this directory or page using the credentials that you supplied.

FAIL!

Same problem, i know it says it's worldwide but could it be restricted to certain countries like say countries in which piracy is to rampant for game devs to care about ? Anyways if someone finds a solition to this error please post it.

Too good to be true and can only get money outside the US with a Mastercard - I think I'll pass. I'll just wait for all Escapists to be told it's scam (possibly) if not, my loss.

Bet it's 'cause I'm a vampire...

Well still haven't got my cd OR a survey invite so fuck it. Canceling my account.

Still waiting for the musics...

My god, 3/4 of these are mostly Other/non aplic.

very american replys, kinda hard guessing half.

oh well.

wait, it asks for E-mail Adress AND Password? I don't trust very much Mr. Survey...

REAPER5594:
wait, it asks for E-mail Adress AND Password? I don't trust very much Mr. Survey...

I'd assume thats just for the website, not your emails password.

Had a quick look but honestly it looked like too much work and possible worry over details for a few tiny rewards. That and it seemed very U.S.centric, I had to tick "Other Race" for the ethnic catergory because nowhere did it had European or even just white (I don't consider myself a "Caucasian").

Krelias:

Same problem, i know it says it's worldwide but could it be restricted to certain countries like say countries in which piracy is to rampant for game devs to care about ?

So maybe i should stop buying games from EA, 2k, Capcom, Ubisoft, Sony, Zynga and many more since their devs don't care about me ?

BTW, it still ain't working.

/LE: Looks like it's a country limitation afterall, as using Opera Turbo ( all traffic goes through Opera servers like a proxy ) suddenly the site works. Way to go The Escapist, maybe on your next featured content like this you will mention that citizens of some countries are no allowed as their opinion does not count. Imagine my stupidity thinking that buying games helps those devs. Pffft

And the kick is that my country is on their list when you make your account. :-|

Anyone actually got the music? I've waited more than 48 hours now..

I filled out the $1 survey. It redirected me to sign up for another cookie cutter survey site, I didn't get any money, and I'm pretty disgusted with both them and the Escapist now. At least I refused to give them my cell # lol

Wow didn't get anything for the $1 dollar survey I filled out

Just made 10 cents doing a survey, apparently they don't want to hear from you if you don't have a credit card.

kwagamon:
Normally there's no way I'd do this, but I trust the Escapist, so I trust something they'd be willing to endorse. Already made and set up my account!

Trust is for fools

Wow, this site is seriously craptacular. Who's writing these surveys?

In the gamer profile, I have the choices Gameboy DS and Nintendo DS. Nice work -.-

I would say they would be getting pretty valuable data from us lot so maybe they should invest in someone to write proper surveys.

Seriously Escapist, did you even check what you were getting into?

I reckon Escapist should start its own VG survey. This place is a damn fine place for market research.

I like the Escapist, but I don't trust the Escapist.

So no surveys for me, you know what they say about something too good to be true.

Aethren:
I like the Escapist, but I don't trust the Escapist.

So no surveys for me, you know what they say about something too good to be true.

Actually, even though the surveys are tripe, you probably will get rewards. There are sites like this all over the internet and although the rewards are usually pretty crappy, more often than not, they pay out. This kind of thing usually attracts bored housewives that want to make an extra buck and have their oppressed opinion heard (lulz).

Same here. I'm done. I quit when I got the redirect. Seems fishy to me.

I'm going to hang in there and see what happens...at this point they already have my info anyway, so it isn't like I have anything to lose now.

Still, I have been signed up well over the 48 hour requirement and still no melodic joy.

No music here, either. Ho hum. :(

yeah at most im willing to give away my age, gender and location down to the suburb to a random site... not my full address and phone numbers.

I understand for demographics as its a market research site and all but full phone numbers and exact location (WAYYYY before mailing something to me) is a bit of a fishy one for me.

So thanks for the offer but ill give this one a miss I think.

Shihoudani:
$1.10 pending from only doing three surveys during my free time in less the 24 hours. That's not bad at all. Waiting the 2 or 4 weeks isn't that big of a deal, considering how much pending I COULD have by then... that's if the surveys come at a steady pace.

I haven't gotten any surveys to take thus far, how have you been able to take so many?

:(

Sorry Escapist, while I trust YOU... I do not really trust survey sites... It would be nice to answer a few questions and then get money for it, but not the risk that its a scam. I think I'll pass and stick with my Microsoft Video Game tests. At least with that I know it's trust worthy and the rewards are real.

I trusted the escapist, joined vgm and filled my profile (halfway of it I was very annoyed for two reason, I am a lawyer, and I said I work alone, so why there are a bazillion of questions anyway about my work that doesn't even remotely fit? And why, even chosing the right demographic target, do you need to know my health problems?). Anyway, I didn't recieved any survey for a couple of days and I tried hit the "redeem rewards" link.
It appears that my account is currently suspended on suspicion of fraud, even though my profile is complete and I didn't do anything else beside it. They didn't even warned me.
I tried to contact them twice about this and they did not answer yet.
And now I'm beginning to be pretty sure, that this is nothing but a big scam.

And you know a thing? I gave my personal data to a site because I trusted the escapist.
Did I told I am a lawyer?
It's really hard to quantify the possible harm that this thing can do to me, if it is all a big scam, there sure are troubles ahead.

Pages PREV 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 NEXT

Reply to Thread

Have an account? Login below:
With Facebook:Login With Facebook
or
Username:  
Password:  

Not registered? To sign up for an account with The Escapist:
Register With Facebook
Register With Facebook
or
Register for a free account here