Zero Punctuation: Video Game Voters Network

Pages 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 NEXT

Video Game Voters Network

This special episode of Zero Punctuation is a public service announcement brought to you by the ESA and the Video Game Voters Network.

Watch Video

dont comment on the video do it NAO!

I was not expecting this. I wish I could help but I'm not American. Still the more coverage this gets the more optimistic we can be about our medium's future. So, basically, GO YAHTZEE!

(Again)

Awwwww. Is that it? And I don't even live in America...(Netherlands)

Hopefully this PSA will do more than just preaching to the choir...hopefully.

A PSA? Certainly not those anti drug commercials. But yeah, do what Mr. Croshaw says. It's for the greater good.

Signed up. See you all there.

Let's vote everybody!!!

I'll do as much as a non-american can.

alright, didn't see this one coming

well, good luck on that one, I'm not sure if my vote would do any good =P

thefreeman0001:

??

OT: Not the anti-fun brigade! I'm not sure this currently applies to me since I'm not american but I appreciate the idea in general.

Politicians that oppose against games just use it as a means of tricking voters into thinking their actually doing something.

Yes sir Mr. Croshaw sir.

I guess everyone freaking out because a special episode obviously means Yahtzee is quitting can finally calm the fuck down.

TY very much yatzee for getting this point out along with Extra Credits!!

Probably the most useful thing people should take away from this is that people passionate about gaming need to stop threatening to do horrible things to people who say video games desensitize us to violence.

I'm not an American but hey, great message. do something constructive, folks!

What just happend? Im not even sure i got half of that bar the ending....im all confused.

Not American here so can't help you. When the hell will the anti-video game thing fade away like all the other anti-stuffs before?

Yahtzee Croshaw:
Snip

I assume this has at least something to do with the upcoming United States Supreme Court case between the ESA and California right, the biggest threat to ever face gaming?

Wish I could help man, but being based in the UK makes it kinda moot :(

im english, isn't this just aimed at yanks?

I know this is a highly polarized political season, but do politics and video games really need to jump on the zealous interest lobby wagon too?

Stayed up until TWO O'CLOCK Australian time to watch this! What a great idea. I'm just insanely relieved that Yahtzee wasn't announcing the end of the series, and subsequently my life. *PHEW!*

Kudos to Yahtzee for trying to get people aware of the VGVN! A lot of young folk may not realize that political parties are trying to take away the games we find so much fun.

Fuck, it's times like this when I hate living in Ireland.

thanks Yahtzee, this is exactly what an informational episode should be, shorter, to the point and tacked onto a full episode earlier the same week.

Interesting. It can only help that someone who gets as many views as Yahtzee has taken up the cause, especially as video games are currently being scapegoated as badly as they've ever been in America at the minute. If videogames can ride this out, then the politicians will have to move their moral crusade onto something else, because this kind of bullshit isn't going to ever completely go away.

Oyster^^:

thefreeman0001:

??

OT: Not the anti-fun brigade! I'm not sure this currently applies to me since I'm not american but I appreciate the idea in general.

me neither but darn it all i was swayed by the message of the video. i felt a bit sad when i realised i couldnt vote but oh well :|

What system is the VGVN for?

Kidding, of course. I'm in.

I live in Britain, but I support the cause nontheless since the American market is a massive chunk of the gaming industry so whatever happens there will affect me here in big ways.

If there's anything I can do could someone quote/reply to this and let me know, please?

For all those people saying 'I don't live in America so I cant help' YOU CAN! Post this video in any of your statuses on any site and just spread the word! The more that know the better!

Oyster^^:

thefreeman0001:

??

A Governor Schwarzenegger joke, he'd be part of the system in that area that needs convincing.

Tis better to light a small candle then to curse the darkness, as the saying goes, I'll head to the site cause if it happenes to the americans, canada will follow like the little sheep we are

thefreeman0001:

Well then whadaya call that?

I have looked at the site and it is looking good. Great of you to mention it. But I'm 16 and not American so I wish you the best of luck.

By the way: Is video game violent a big problem in Europe? Here in Denmark we don't hear anything about it, what's up in the other countries?

I've never actually been more interested in politics then I am right now.

Pages 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 NEXT

Reply to Thread

Have an account? Login below:
With Facebook:Login With Facebook
or
Username:  
Password:  

Not registered? To sign up for an account with The Escapist:
Register With Facebook
Register With Facebook
or
Registered for a free account here