Pokemon Made Real

Pages 1 2 NEXT

Pokemon Made Real

Gaming is overwhelmingly online these days, but we can't forget the fun to be had face-to-face.

Read Full Article

Thats overwhelmingly awesome.

Who would John Funk's ice team consist of I wonder.

I would so go to one of these if they came to the UK.

(More specifically Brighton, south-east).

Dude! I so want to do this!
If only I had known...
And had a team ready...
...and had been a PAX...

Whatever, still an awesome idea!

How did this work...? Did they use DS's? Or... did you bring Pokémon to life?

Wow, and I thought it was cool that the convention I recently attended had just one person doing something like this. This sounds awesome.

This needs to become the norm for conventions. NOW.

Not to be gay (not that there's anything wrong with that) but that picture is WAY better than the old constipated one.

Phenomenal. Quite literally, I think, considering how well this could spread to other conventions. Pokemon is still a wild fan base, so it stands to reason that this would be a hit. Good job to Patrick, then, for getting it moving.

That is genius. Wow, this just blows me away with how awesome it is. Bravo, Professor Pine. Bravo.

Now I really, really want to go to PAX East for one more reason

Another reason for me to beat myself up over missing PAX.

Dr Bob:
I would so go to one of these if they came to the UK.

(More specifically Brighton, south-east).

Word Neighbor.

I would school those kids. Course I need to actually find out where my DS is...

MirrorSweep:

The one I have? Abomasnow, Weavile, Mamoswine, Glaceon, Walrein, Froslass.

... just awesome! There's nothing quite like Pokemon for talking to your friends, bragging rights, etc. -- and I can't think of anything else that could do anything REMOTELY like this!

I never even thought of anyone doing anything like this.

It would sure be interesting to play at this sort of thing in a convention, though there's a good chance that the competitive players (google "Smogon University" -- those guys are maniacs) would rule the roost, or the Gym Leaders would be competitive players themselves.

I never really paid attention to pax but now if this ever happens again I will go there no matter the cost!

I am now going to PAX next year. No doubt about it. I'm bringing my lv. 100 HeartGold team for some righteous ass-kickery. But a serious kudos to the PAX league. I havn't had a face-to-face battle since the 90's.

You know, back when you could still do that in public and not get laughed out of the room.

Nerdery at its most creative, fun and awesome.

Did I miss how Team Rocket is actually able to mess things up?

Aww I wish I had known. I haven't battled IRL in ages, it would have been nice to shake the rust off. As fun as it is fighting online (I use Shoddy battle, lacking WiFi), it was always best when they were right next to you.

Off topic, wow, there's been a lot of people appearing as Touhou characters at conventions lately. I'd make a joke, but the two people who would get it wouldn't be reading this.

This makes me really want to go to PAX, just to go through the League.

Wow. I applaud those peoples' efforts for putting that much work into that. Makes me wish I could actually get to one of those conventions sometime so I could take part myself (and would totally bring a hat to turn or something).

Pokemon: For! The! Win!

That is seriously awesome!

Wish they would do something like that in the UK...

John Funk:

MirrorSweep:

The one I have? Abomasnow, Weavile, Mamoswine, Glaceon, Walrein, Froslass.

You should include the hilarious Ice-Cream Pokémon for Generation V,it's made entirely of win!

The PokéLARP idea actually sounds pretty epic, I wish there was something like that in Ireland :(

randommaster:
Off topic, wow, there's been a lot of people appearing as Touhou characters at conventions lately.

Would you say that there'd be at least (9) people dressed as Touhou characters? Perhaps there'd be (9) badges?

But yeah, a real-life Pokemon league sounds awesome, though my own Pokemon, despite their strength, are nowhere near level 100.

Rawle Lucas:

randommaster:
Off topic, wow, there's been a lot of people appearing as Touhou characters at conventions lately.

Would you say that there'd be at least (9) people dressed as Touhou characters? Perhaps there'd be (9) badges?

But yeah, a real-life Pokemon league sounds awesome, though my own Pokemon, despite their strength, are nowhere near level 100.

I'm pretty sure that gym leader's useless, only good for her sex appeal.

I believe pokemon agmes can now auto-level pokemon, though, so you don't have to worry about grinding.

That is the coolest thing I have ever read about.

I really wish I'd been at PAX to see that.

Unbelievably unfair :'(
Nothing cool ever happens in Tasmania Australia...

Sounds good, I would like to see 1 gym in each state and vitural battling

Man, I can just imagine the Pokemon Company setting up 'offical gyms' throughout every major country for everyone to go and battle.

I want to learn a Water-type gym here, but first I need more Tentacruel.

randommaster:

Rawle Lucas:

randommaster:

I'm pretty sure that gym leader's useless, only good for her sex appeal.

I believe pokemon agmes can now auto-level pokemon, though, so you don't have to worry about grinding.

Auto-leveling? How does it work? I'm guessing that you're referring to the daycare and the Pokewalker, but you have little control over which moves are learned.

moose_man:
How did this work...? Did they use DS's? Or... did you bring Pokémon to life?

I hope DS...

I can't imagine people in Pokemon costumes breathing fire...

wow, that's almost worth getting back in the game for.
My second generation team: Miltank, Steelix, Blastoise, Arcanine, Zapdos and Umbreon... they're still chilling after almost 10 years in my gameboy color, a few meters away from me :P.

Dang I wish I lived somewhere where I could go to conventions. They sounds awesome.

Oh I so want to get i n on this....

That sounds cool,but considering the amount of hardcore people who follow the metagame it'd be hard for any casual fan to win any badges.

Pages 1 2 NEXT

Reply to Thread

Have an account? Login below:
With Facebook:Login With Facebook
or
Username:  
Password:  

Not registered? To sign up for an account with The Escapist:
Register With Facebook
Register With Facebook
or
Register for a free account here