Zero Punctuation: Amnesia: The Dark Descent

Pages PREV 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 NEXT

tklivory:
...buy direct from amnesiagame.com, ...

Thanks for the pointer. I was afraid I would be forced to infect my system with Steam.

This is arguably the scariest game I've ever played...for a while. Then it gets predictable and not so bad at all really. Still, that first hour or two is pretty fucking intense.

You know shit's scary when after playing you're almost running from room to room in your house trying not to get ganked by some filthy devil spawn. Then someone calls your name...

"Nick?"
"AAAAAAHHHH! What the fuck?! Why would you just fucking call out my name like that?"
"God, calm down! Look, I made Jello."
"AAAAAAHHHH JELLO!"

I really liked this one. Made me laugh quite a lot, especially the way he said "abloogy woogy woo" the first time.
I really liked Penumbra, always played it alone, with the lights turned off. It was one of the few games that really scared me, unlike Dead Space. This one seems to be as good, so I might give this one a shot.

I hoped Yahtzee would cover this game at some point it seemed like a game he would enjoy. I loved the demo, but since I'm not crazy over horror titles I'll probably just wait until Steam hopefully has it on special or something and then proceed to defecate myself.

Holy Cow! It's 19 bucks. Imma have to wait till next month for that, now.

And why is there almost always someone banned or suspended for posting before watching the video on Yahtzee's page?

Thunderhorse31:
This might be the first game I pick up as a result of ZP. A rare positive review, the game must be far better than advertised. ;)

Definitely try out the demo - I played it about half one in the morning with headphones on.

It is scary.

I got this game and enjoyed it, while it wasn't all that scary I didn't play it in the dark and at night, alone (apart from the iron maiden and the torture stuff eugh)
However the story kept me intrigued and the puzzles were good.
I also loved the invisible water monster early on in the game, they should of used it more.

I figured this one would be generally positively received. Well done on Yahtzee not to let his enthusiasm about a horror game that actually scares him for a change blind him to the general kludginess of the thing.

Hubilub:

Disaster Button:

Oh I didn't even notice that pun, woops.

Velocinox:

(btw... bugging you to play it - spiders - Ar ar ar.)

TIME TO RAIN ON YOUR PARADE!

Spiders are not bugs, therefore it does not count as a pun.

Parade saved! Spiders ARE bugs, I think you meant they aren't INSECTS or TRUE BUGS, which would be true, but I didn't say insects or true bugs.

Definition 2

Tipsy Giant:
Wicked, anyone know if it is available for macs through steam too?

I don't know if you received a response or not, but if you look at the games steam page It has the "Steam play" badge next to the price/buy button. It has the microsoft symbol, and the Macintosh symbol meaning it is playable for both platforms.

So yes, it is playable on your mac, assuming you meet the system requirements.

PumpItUp:

"Great pissing blimey there's jam coming out of the wohls!"

best part of the video lol

Velocinox:

Hubilub:

Disaster Button:

Velocinox:

Parade saved! Spiders ARE bugs, I think you meant they aren't INSECTS or TRUE BUGS, which would be true, but I didn't say insects or true bugs.

Definition 2

Damn you and your dictionaries with vague definitions!

Hubilub:

Disaster Button:

Velocinox:

Thank god, I hate puns like that. Your arrogance saves the day yet again!

Edit: Then I paid attention and saw what was above this post, dammit!

No Halo Reach review I take it

Disaster Button:

Hubilub:

Disaster Button:

Velocinox:

Thank god, I hate puns like that. Your arrogance saves the day yet again!

Sadly my arrogance was defeated by someone else's arrogance!

Play it with the lights off and headphones on.

Then never turn the lights off again. EVER.

I have a tendency to watch this show while I'm at work. I'm going to have to start waiting until I get home though, because I nearly got fired for laughing.

Curious to know if you've ever played the Call of Cthulhu PC game, Yahtzee.

"If gaming was a disease, the first symptoms would be amnesia. And then kleptomania".

Oh god, so true. I love ZP.

I tried to download the demo via Steam for the Mac... so far without any possible load up or "boogy woogy". No matter because while I LOVE slow paced horror and Lovecraft, I can wait since I'm currently wrist deep in other releases, not necessarily mainstream either.

Now despite the joke out blood being jam... I could go for some jam right about now... but not a s*** despite the conclusion.

Yay, ˇYahtzee reviewed a game i recomended via email!

Now do that shitty side scroller i made a couple a years ago.

I rather enjoy a good horror game. Downloaded.

Thank you for teasing with the fanboys of halo! And thanks for reviewing another horror game, I love when you act out your scared self. Looking forward to any more horror game reviews. P.S. please troll the piss out of halo reach, I want to feel a bit glad that I shelled out for PS3 instead of a 360.

OH PISSING BLIMEY THERE'S JAM COMING OUT OF THE WALLS!!!

I've only managed to play about 45 minutes worth of Amnesia so far, because despite being a massive horror game fan this one turns me into a spineless, quivering wuss. I haven't been this creeped-out since The Cradle in Thief 3, or the month I spent loading up AvP and listening to a scuttling facehugger round the corner for a minute before shutting it down again. I hope this review brings plenty of well-deserved sales and attention for Frictional Games, since Amnesia's been a very tough project for them. From their blog:

As many of you might already know Amnesia is a sort of make or break game for us. At the time of writing, we are very close to our "all is good"-goal, meaning that we are still in business (due to contractual stuff we cannot release any numbers right now)!

A horror game that's actually... SCARY?!! It's a sign of the Apocalypse! C'Thulhu is coming! The earth will burn in a sea of death! We need to prepare for the oncoming hoards of Zombies, Demons, and Goombas!

OT: Nice review. I don't have steam so I am not buying it, but I am not into horror things (Though for some odd reason I am addicted to this forums "The scary thread")

The game is awesome, I preordered it in first weeks and haven't regreted a bit. It's immersive, scary as heck and just keeps you wanting to more. Little paranoia is not a problem, I don't mind not going into dark anymore.

Also the review was great, maybe not 100% hilarious but still spot on

Mr.Mattress:
OT: Nice review. I don't have steam so I am not buying it, but I am not into horror things (Though for some odd reason I am addicted to this forums "The scary thread")

You don't need Steam to buy it.

tklivory:
If you buy direct from amnesiagame.com, it is available for Mac, PC, and Linux.

Ha ha, I gotta say, I never laughed harder during one of your reviews as when you transcribed your thought process. It sounds like this game really put you in your place.

Yaaaay cock in the eye :D

o.o I was seriously about to send him an email as to why he needed to play this game...

Fuuuuuu!

Tipsy Giant:
Wicked, anyone know if it is available for macs through steam too?

Yes! It is! :D

Well done Yahtzee, not only have you baited the Halo fanboys (of which I am not) as well as baited the anti-fanboys who came here hoping you would eviscerate it and plaster it all over your walls (that would be me), you gave a bit of publicity to a little known developer.

I must say though, "GREAT PISSING BLIMEY THERE'S JAM COMING OUT OF THE WALLS", best recent Yahtzee quote. Made me have to go get another beer, nearly sprayed it all over my keyboard in hilarity.

On another note, is there someplace i can buy the Imp hat that you used for the depiction of "regular viewers"?

no it's okay, Yahtzee, don't even bother reviewing Halo Reach
you know it's not the fanboys who want you to review it (except the ones lacking pattern recognition), but simply haters who need your opinion to feel good about themselves for the week

Pages PREV 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 NEXT

Reply to Thread

Have an account? Login below:
With Facebook:Login With Facebook
or
Username:  
Password:  

Not registered? To sign up for an account with The Escapist:
Register With Facebook
Register With Facebook
or
Register for a free account here