Trailers: Red Dead Redemption Undead Nightmare Teaser

Pages PREV 1 2 3

I don't own Red Dead Redemption. I'm also sick of zombies. However, the zombie bear has caught my interest and I'm now on the fence (leaning to side of apathy, though).

Looks pretty cool, but i wonder how they'l make it work as a story. I'm guessing that the cemetary is placed on some sort of indian burial ground or whatever, you know - something cliché.

First thought about that Zombear was "Hey, that's pretty cool" and then i thought about how strong it must be and then it was "Fffuuuuu-"

I'm gonna go out on a limb and guess that this isn't going to be a canonical addition to the storyline.

Shameless zombie cash in?

Count me in!

Well if I have to give some constructive criticism it would have to be that THIS IS THE GREATEST THING EVER!

The first thing I'm doing when I get this DLC: not the story, not the new multiplayer stuff that will be in there...
Nope...*pumps shotgun* I'm goin' zombear huntin'.

Looks awesome. I really think taking the zombiepocalypse idea and presenting it in a vastly different setting than the typical modern day era Should be really cool. And we've never really had such an open world zombie game, have we? I can imagine easily making this into a real survival horror game: make it necessary to eat food, so hunting (non zombie) animals, finding ammo, banding together with those still alive... I never saw this as a cash-in, and I'm looking forward to it. I don't even like scary things that much!

so intense...I need to rent RDR again (or heck, just buy it)

Little hit and miss with the mighty 'ZOMBEAR'. How will they manage to make it even scarier than a regular grizzly? Will it projectile vomit acid and sing Justin Bieber songs as it chases me?

I'm actually interested in the story that will be behind this. Besides providing a completely new look for the zombie apocalypse scenario, there's also the fact that this is the damn Old West. That means no cure-creating scientists to pull out of your asses, no assault rifles, no RPGs, no night vision etc.

Life was hard enough back then and suddenly pretty much everyone you've ever seen or known is a hateful creature hungry for your flesh. If this happened now, then maybe you could posse up (hur hur) and make it to the nearest supermarket with a group of neighbors and family members. Set up barricades there before shit really hits the fan and wait it out "28 Days Later" style. I don't think there's any Walmarts in Armadillo.

Oh, and John Marston's back. YEEEAAAAAH-- definitely buying this.

Zombies make everything better, I am kinda interested in trying Red dead redemption now

I desperately want this to be real. It'd give me the motivation to go back and actually finish RDR, as well as look into DLC.

Ok and where do i find the Dark Tower?

Any1 else think "Dr.Neds zombie island" when they look at this?

Any chance to kill zombies is a win in my book. A chance to kill zombies as Marston? That's a flawless victory. This goes on the "will buy" list without a moment's hesitation.

What?! really? I thought it was a joke when I heard about it? SEriously another zombie game...

Oh well, it's kind of different.. lets see how they fuck it up this time.

Reaper69lol:
Zombies make everything better,

*bitch slaps*

ranger19:
Looks awesome. I really think taking the zombiepocalypse idea and presenting it in a vastly different setting than the typical modern day era Should be really cool. And we've never really had such an open world zombie game, have we? I can imagine easily making this into a real survival horror game: make it necessary to eat food, so hunting (non zombie) animals, finding ammo, banding together with those still alive... I never saw this as a cash-in, and I'm looking forward to it. I don't even like scary things that much!

Don't get excited kido, they'll mess it up somehow. Just be a pessimist when it comes to games and you'll never be disappointed when they suck. Better yet borrow it from your loser friend who had to buy it right away, play it. When it sucks, no loss. When it rules, buy your own.

Positive reinforcement to good behavior says Pavlov. Throw good games biscuits.

WiDEEyeDSmILes:

ranger19:

Don't get excited kido, they'll mess it up somehow. Just be a pessimist when it comes to games and you'll never be disappointed when they suck. Better yet borrow it from your loser friend who had to buy it right away, play it. When it sucks, no loss. When it rules, buy your own.

Positive reinforcement to good behavior says Pavlov. Throw good games biscuits.

That... sounded like an extremely condescending post. Though I do warily watch games I don't think are going to be great (e.g. Metroid Other M), I have no problem looking forward to and having expectations for games I think look good. I've done it for years, and I've also been optimistic about many things in life, and it's worked out pretty well so far. Sure, I'll check the reviews before I buy to make sure it's not a colossal disappointment, but otherwise it looks worth my time and money.

Also... I haven't seen anywhere mention about a retail release, making it tough to "borrow it from my loser friend".

The Rogue Wolf:
Naturally, you band together with others... but desperate people can do desperate things, and in an all-but-forgotten frontier town, nobody knows what sins you commit except you- and whoever you let live.

They need to put this as the game description. Well said Rogue Wolf.

OT: Dont own red dead but this looks downright creepy. Also why does the video have to end with the zombear staring down the camera. Creeped me out quite a bit.

canadamus_prime:
It could just be me, but zombies don't seem appropriate for Red Dead Redemption. It just doesn't seem to fit with the type of story being told.

I feel the same. RDR felt like it was going for a fairly realistic western gunslinger kinda feel, and this really doesn't fit. Bring something like this out for GTA IV however, though it still wouldn't fit, it would be awesome enough to mor than redeem itself.

ranger19:

That... sounded like an extremely condescending post. Though I do warily watch games I don't think are going to be great (e.g. Metroid Other M), I have no problem looking forward to and having expectations for games I think look good. I've done it for years, and I've also been optimistic about many things in life, and it's worked out pretty well so far. Sure, I'll check the reviews before I buy to make sure it's not a colossal disappointment, but otherwise it looks worth my time and money.

Also... I haven't seen anywhere mention about a retail release, making it tough to "borrow it from my loser friend".

My apologies, it wasn't meant to be directed at anyone in particular, I was just in a mood. And I threw in the loser friend bit because that's what I do. Normally I just borrow games and if their epic mouth drooling win, then I go out and buy it. Make sure the money gets to the producers and game designers for a job well done.

I must admit though, when Duke Nukem Forever comes out I'm buying it. I don't give a crap how shitty it is, just to be able to say I have the longest in the making piece of junk would make me happy. Just for the novelty of it.

Actually, if you think of RDR+Z from a marketing standpoint it's brilliant.

Zombies= Sales

Sandbox= Sales

Zombie + Sandbox = guaranteed sales

The reason no has done it before is because it's such a hard concept to do without messing up. Picture Morrowwind where every nearly every character was a zombie coming after you, it'd be ridiculous. I don't know about this one... It might be a great idea realized or maybe even a decent stab at it, then again it might be a sad attempt at something impossible.

..... Like Communism.

WiDEEyeDSmILes:

My apologies, it wasn't meant to be directed at anyone in particular, I was just in a mood. And I threw in the loser friend bit because that's what I do. Normally I just borrow games and if their epic mouth drooling win, then I go out and buy it. Make sure the money gets to the producers and game designers for a job well done.

I must admit though, when Duke Nukem Forever comes out I'm buying it. I don't give a crap how shitty it is, just to be able to say I have the longest in the making piece of junk would make me happy. Just for the novelty of it.

Zombies= Sales

Sandbox= Sales

The reason no has done it before is because it's such a hard concept to do without messing up. Picture Morrowwind where every nearly every character was a zombie coming after you, it'd be ridiculous. I don't know about this one... It might be a great idea realized or maybe even a decent stab at it, then again it might be a sad attempt at something impossible.

..... Like Communism.

Fair enough. It might be hard to mess up but at the same time, an open world seems like the perfect way to make a game happen. You really are out in an entire world full of zombies, and if you do have to hunt for food to stay alive, find survivors, etc, could be really fun. And I have enough faith in Rockstar to at least *try* to make good DLC and not entirely go off of a cash-in.

I can not wait until this game comes out.

WiDEEyeDSmILes:

ranger19:

Zombies= Sales

Sandbox= Sales

Following Open World Games had Zombies or creatures alik in them:

Prototype.

LoZelda - Ocarina of Time. X-P

The Second part of that game wich had the Halo3 Beta codes with it.

Fable.

Fable 2 (and that even has guns like in a westerngame).

Elder Scrolls Oblvion.

I can't remember more rigth now but i am shure that there ARE more. ^.^
You just have to look around.

Hells yes

Im just happy that the Marshall and Bonnie are back...

I might actually start playing again

Damn! :D

I can't wait to use infinite ammo & Dead Eye to kick some Blackwater zombie ass.
Fuck. Yes.

Ekonk:

Cousin_IT:
Can this zombie fad die already?

Must resist pun...

NOOOOOOO!!!!! Go for the pun every time!!! Something like "It already did... It just came back!"

There had better be ghoultown songs in it.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ssCAdUgkr5A

Pages PREV 1 2 3

Reply to Thread

Have an account? Login below:
With Facebook:Login With Facebook
or
Username:  
Password:  

Not registered? To sign up for an account with The Escapist:
Register With Facebook
Register With Facebook
or