Trailers: Call of Duty: Black Ops Multiplayer Customization

Pages 1 2 NEXT

Call of Duty: Black Ops Multiplayer Customization

Call of Duty: Black Ops puts you in charge of your multiplayer experience.

Watch Video

Looks really, really good - the prices they seemed to have been spending were not so high, so I can be sure they'll be plenty of micromanagement involved - and I like that.

Again, the game is looking as fine as ever and it's the first time my expectations for Treyarch games have been leveled with their IW counterparts.

this is what I wanted for MW2. I dont care what anyone says, Black Ops is now on my 'to-buy' list.

Edit: Looking back through the video I notice you can buy different skins also, maybe we can use the gillie suit all the time while we have assault rifles or SMG's? also, will the Flack-Jacket actually offer protection, or would it just be cosmetic? Dammit, November cant come soon enough!

Looks great! I can't wait for the full co-op reveal

Every time they release a video, I hype up even more... The exception being that third party gameplay one with the comentary where they mentioned it taking a while to kill people. Still, That's what they invented the Hardcore gamelists for.

Might End up buying on Day 1 depending on how muh I play TF2 when my new desktop arrives.

Kalezian:

Edit: Looking back through the video I notice you can buy different skins also, maybe we can use the gillie suit all the time while we have assault rifles or SMG's? also, will the Flack-Jacket actually offer protection, or would it just be cosmetic? Dammit, November cant come soon enough!

Your appearance is based on your perk one choice. Flak jacket gives you a flak jacket and grants protection from explosives, the gille suit is from ghost and acts as cold blooded, lightweight strips you down a bit and scavenger gives you some extra bags and bandoliers. Not sure what Hardline does.

Edit: Hardline gives you a belt... Yeah.

On a completely unrelated note, they're pimpin' up the pro perk unlocks. Lightweight is no longer "Sprint X" and now has 3 seperate criteria which seem to require less achievements. "Escape death after being shot 5 times" to unlock the ranged aspect of Lightweight pro.

With currency, you can now currency currency. Currency allows you to currency that currency, giving you unlimited choices for your currency.

Really though, it's nice that it's giving players more choices for customization. It means they'll pick the "coolest", brightest stuff so they get themselves shot quicker.

BritishWeather:

There won't be any, sorry to dissapoint you. Only the Zombie mode.

I went and double-checked that, and there officially won't be a coop campaign.

JourneyThroughHell:

BritishWeather:

Source? The wikia hasn't updated yeat, still saying that there's a 4 man co op campaign.

Ehh...too much?

GruntOwner:

JourneyThroughHell:

BritishWeather:

Source? The wikia hasn't updated yeat, still saying that there's a 4 man co op campaign.

http://www.vg247.com/2010/09/13/no-campaign-co-op-for-black-ops-confirms-treyarch/
This is what I basically found. Every piece of news I've found was really strangely worded so I can't get whether there won't be the campaign in coop or any coop modes 'xcept for Zombies.

http://www.vg247.com/2010/09/13/no-campaign-co-op-for-black-ops-confirms-treyarch/
This is what I basically found. Every piece of news I've found was really strangely worded so I can't get whether there won't be the campaign in coop or any coop modes 'xcept for Zombies.[/quote]

Damn. A quick google and I can't find anything with more detail than this. Looking at the achievement list, he's probably talking about this newfangled "Dead Ops Arcade".

Think this is the last cool piece of news on this game, it just hit my buy list.

I must admit that does look rather jazzy
Awesome.
May get this when its out idk

Hot damn! Now this is innovation. I'm impressed by how much Treyarch is putting into the multiplayer. With an exciting looking campaign, zombies, an arcade mode, and a fantastic looking mulitplayer it looks like Black Ops will trump MW2. Go Treyarch!

Anyone else look at all those personalizing features and think "They're going to make some over priced DLC for better and cheaper items/skins/stuff".

First thing that came after the immediate "Cool" after that thought I was thinking "Frick this game is going to lag a bit more then usual"

Curse you Treyarch! I'm a sucker for customisation! I'll be on the customisation screen for days!

JourneyThroughHell:

GruntOwner:

JourneyThroughHell:

BritishWeather:

This is what I basically found. Every piece of news I've found was really strangely worded so I can't get whether there won't be the campaign in coop or any coop modes 'xcept for Zombies.

Wanna bet they will make paid dlc with coop ?

Hmmmm. I cannot allow myself to get excited over this, what with how MW2 turned out. Ultimately, I would rather have less features like this, and more balanced gameplay, something Treyarch have neglected in the past. That being said, its probably unfair of me to judge this purely from videos and I will probably buy it anyway, but I am being deliberately pessimistic to avoid dissapointment. It'll be interesting to see how this all pans out.

every time i see a trailer now i still think... meh so what? i just have given up caring for the cod franchise... shame as i really enjoyed treyarch's last cod game but i aint paying 35 + for the zombie mode.

All Points of Duty?

I've been recommending a currency mode since W@W. I'm happy to see this.

Definatly looks awesome. Ill be spending hours creating a nice logo for my self :)

However ... WHY DOGS!? WHY!?

WANT NOW! please. :D

Never thought id feel sorry for Infinity Ward. but i do. this will kick a large quantity of full bodied arse.

Uhhh...... Well, I wasn't gonna buy this after Modern Warfare 2 let me down. But between this and the wager mode, it looks pretty damn good. I'll still wait, though. In the meantime I'll just play MoH and Bad Company 2: Vietnam.

Im avoiding getting hyped for games now after the sad tale that was MW2

Customization is good and all, but the actual gameplay I saw in that trailer is more or less directly ripped from MW2. The interfaces looked almost identical, as did everything else about the game.

It seems like only Infinity Ward (R.I.P.) was able to actually advance the series at all (which makes sense, since they created it). Just like World at War, it looks like Treyarch is just taking the same exact formula and applying a new coat of paint.

Timbydude:
Customization is good and all, but the actual gameplay I saw in that trailer is more or less directly ripped from MW2. The interfaces looked almost identical, as did everything else about the game.

It seems like only Infinity Ward (R.I.P.) was able to actually advance the series at all (which makes sense, since they created it). Just like World at War, it looks like Treyarch is just taking the same exact formula and applying a new coat of paint.

why fix what isn't broken? The UI is fine, no need to change, and the gameplay is fine.

Korten12:

why fix what isn't broken? The UI is fine, no need to change, and the gameplay is fine.

As much as I love MW2, this game seriously looks like it offers nothing new, save for the new setting.

Though I hate comparing these series because they're quite different, just take a look at what changed from Halo 3 to Halo: Reach:
-Addition of daily and weekly challenges.
-Earning credits, with which you can (superficially) customize your character
-Seamless online integration between all modes of play
-Armor abilities (these introduce a completely new facet of gameplay)
-Revamped combat system that combines various aspects of the previous games, but feels rather new.

That is the type of evolution I like to see in a series. To me, Black Ops is to Modern Warfare 2 what New Vegas is to Fallout 3. Black Ops and New Vegas will probably both be good games, and they'll sell absurdly well. But, they're both being made by "secondary" companies that are really just trying to replicate the success of the previous entry (made by a superior developer) by playing it safe. (Yes, I'm aware that certain members of Obsidian created the Fallout franchise, but with the newest game they're making it almost identical to Fallout 3, which they didn't create.)

More of the same is fine as long as it's a little bit different. But taking MW2 and reskinning it is a different story entirely.

Caradinist:
With currency, you can now currency currency. Currency allows you to currency that currency, giving you unlimited choices for your currency.

Really though, it's nice that it's giving players more choices for customization. It means they'll pick the "coolest", brightest stuff so they get themselves shot quicker.

HEY! Hot Pink is where it's at. Just ask my Spartan.

Huh. That system looks almost exactly the same the as Rainbow Six: Vegas. Connection?

Ha! I was about to say the COD points system was like a rip-off from Reach...and then all of that personal touch possible. Yeah Reach can disapear into my cupboard for a while...

Korten12:

Timbydude:

I loved MW2 but if you think that the gameplay on mw2 was NOT broken you were not paying attention enough while playing the multi.

joebear15:

Korten12:

Timbydude:

I loved MW2 but if you think that the gameplay on mw2 was NOT broken you were not paying attention enough while playing the multi.

I think your mixing up balance and gameplay.

That's a helluvahlot of customization, very extensive.

I'm still not going to buy it. I cannot, and will not, support Activision no matter what the game is (Thank you, Mr. Kotick). I might be missing out on a great game, but I can live with that with a few other great games on the horizon (LBP2, Gran Turismo 5, Dead Space 2, New Vegas, etc...)

However, to those who are going to get the game, I hope you enjoy it. No reason why you shouldn't get a good game to play with.

This actually looks.....really really really good.....Dammit.

I was all set to spend my limited funds on crysis 2, but now.... Jaysus.

Pages 1 2 NEXT

Reply to Thread

Have an account? Login below:
With Facebook:Login With Facebook
or
Username:  
Password:  

Not registered? To sign up for an account with The Escapist:
Register With Facebook
Register With Facebook
or
Registered for a free account here