Trailers: Call of Duty: Black Ops Multiplayer Customization

Pages PREV 1 2

JourneyThroughHell:

BritishWeather:
Looks great! I can't wait for the full co-op reveal

There won't be any, sorry to dissapoint you. Only the Zombie mode.

I went and double-checked that, and there officially won't be a coop campaign.

But don't forget the "practice" mode you can play with friends as another form of co-op.

looks like a bunch of cheap gimmics on the same old game

Wheeeee, I can change my makeup, my lovely clothes, my shoes, my weap... wait! This is a Shooter?

A quick look at the video and I saw SAM turrets. This just keeps surprising me! I hope they don't show all the little neat add ons and features. I want to find new things on my own (like beating Halo:Reach on Legendary, alone... and for the first time...).

Korten12:

joebear15:

Korten12:

Timbydude:
Customization is good and all, but the actual gameplay I saw in that trailer is more or less directly ripped from MW2. The interfaces looked almost identical, as did everything else about the game.

It seems like only Infinity Ward (R.I.P.) was able to actually advance the series at all (which makes sense, since they created it). Just like World at War, it looks like Treyarch is just taking the same exact formula and applying a new coat of paint.

why fix what isn't broken? The UI is fine, no need to change, and the gameplay is fine.

I loved MW2 but if you think that the gameplay on mw2 was NOT broken you were not paying attention enough while playing the multi.

I think your mixing up balance and gameplay.

to me they are one and the same although there were several game play issues as well,ix the endless noob toob one man army glitch and the such.

I like how there is absolutely no reason to have these arbitrary currency systems in games. If you're designing your own shit, then let the player do exactly that, without these odd limitations.

The guy said "freedom of choice to ... spend their currency". Wow, what a great game feature, "currency". Sounds fun. Really. I look forward to the freedom to spend money points in a game.

Meh. If they really wanted to show off these fancy customization they would have allowed you to create a girl character.

that looks really nice infact...

Ten bucks says all the 12 year olds will have tits or dicks as their emblem thingies.
Actually thinking about buying this game now...

Well it only took them seven games to do this
The only reason im not gettin this game is becaues it has "Call of Duty" next to it
even if the game is realy good i wont buy it for that reason
dont get me wrong tho it looks great

Jumplion:
That's a helluvahlot of customization, very extensive.

I'm still not going to buy it. I cannot, and will not, support Activision no matter what the game is (Thank you, Mr. Kotick). I might be missing out on a great game, but I can live with that with a few other great games on the horizon (LBP2, Gran Turismo 5, Dead Space 2, New Vegas, etc...)

However, to those who are going to get the game, I hope you enjoy it. No reason why you shouldn't get a good game to play with.

Now thats dedication to a cause right there. Have fun not playing black ops. ( I mean that in the most sincere way)

Personally, these new killstreaks seem to un balance the gameplay, I mean, missles that follow you anywhere? It's like the predator on steriods...

Paularius:
Meh. If they really wanted to show off these fancy customization they would have allowed you to create a girl character.

Yeah but then it would be.....weird...

Great, now it copying halo reach

Darth_Dude:

Jumplion:
That's a helluvahlot of customization, very extensive.

I'm still not going to buy it. I cannot, and will not, support Activision no matter what the game is (Thank you, Mr. Kotick). I might be missing out on a great game, but I can live with that with a few other great games on the horizon (LBP2, Gran Turismo 5, Dead Space 2, New Vegas, etc...)

However, to those who are going to get the game, I hope you enjoy it. No reason why you shouldn't get a good game to play with.

Now thats dedication to a cause right there. Have fun not playing black ops. ( I mean that in the most sincere way)

Personally, these new killstreaks seem to unbalance the gameplay, I mean, missiles that follow you anywhere? It's like the predator on steroids...

Most likely I'll borrow it off a friend, get frustrated by the multiplayer, and give it back to him in a week, as was the case with Modern Warfare 2 (I even made a video for school called "How to be Polite Online" involving MW2, half the yells and screams I used were real).

But I do realize that other people are excited for the game, and I can't blame them, it does look pretty "janky" as Ice-T would put it. I respect their choice and wish them a good game. I just personally will not support Activision, and that's my own personal choice.

Looks really good actually, but still I have other games that I would like to buy first, can't just put something on the top of our lists because it says hey look at me I'm important now! >.>...

Paularius:

I was just thinking the other day why there aren't any women (not girls they're grown) in MW2. Women serve in the military and are nonexistent in MW2. This takes place in Vietnam so I don't expect there to be any but the next MW should have them.

In regards to the customization it looks pretty detailed. Though the brighter colors will probably give you away.

Finally, a Call of Duty game focused on JUST multiplayer.
This is all I really wanted. Thank you.

I try not to get excited over games to much, it just makes it that much harder to accept it when they turn out awful. But after that they at least got me pumped for when it comes out.

As much as customization is fun, I'd rather have them focus on weapon, perk and killstreak balancing.

Very exciting! I'm hoping to make this one of my first PS3 purchases after acquiring said system. :)

I'm a sucker for customization and they pretty much "bought" me with that.

This has definitely risen on top of my <to buy> list,right under World of Warcraft Cataclysm and since WoW releases in December I'm thinking of getting CoD first.

Torque669:
Definatly looks awesome. Ill be spending hours creating a nice logo for my self :)

However ... WHY DOGS!? WHY!?

because they want to cuddle their sharp teeth with your jugular.
omm nom nom *woof*

So, is this gonna have the same shitty P2P system as the other abomination?

Kalezian:

this is what I wanted for MW2. I dont care what anyone says, Black Ops is now on my 'to-buy' list.

Edit: Looking back through the video I notice you can buy different skins also, maybe we can use the gillie suit all the time while we have assault rifles or SMG's? also, will the Flack-Jacket actually offer protection, or would it just be cosmetic? Dammit, November cant come soon enough!

You have the ghillie on when you have the Ghost perk on, so yes. Perks determine your clothes.

@RobotOverlord No it's gonna have dedicated servers. I actually pre-ordered my own, it's in Montreal, Canada. Everyone's welcome to join, once the game's out.

I'm on the fence about this, MW2 looked good before it was released then when it was released it slowly dissolved into crap. That and most of my friends are getting this game, ARGH!

Hell to the mother-fuzzling yes.

Looks so good. Like if CSS and Goldeneye had a baby.

acctualy looks pretty fan like have a custom red dot

......OMG (drool)
only problem i have is with the customization screens, design seems dull, like something from alpha protocol =P

Meltedface:
Finally, a Call of Duty game focused on JUST multiplayer.
This is all I really wanted. Thank you.

sarcasm? =)

Robot Overlord:
So, is this gonna have the same shitty P2P system as the other abomination?

Manners.

And no, it will have dedicated servers... and PUNKBUSTER!

I am sorry, after playing MW2 on PC.. VAC isn't working... too many hackers.

Even better than the last one.

Now all that Treyark needs to do is use some of the money given to them for the worlds best lawyers so they can start working on Activisions up-coming attempt to not pay them...

Treyark... Don't be fools. Don't let Activision screw you over. Protect your assets and cover yourselves legally.

Also this one has dedicated servers for the computer so no more host bullshit and we can ban weapons again... preventing match ruining... I still hope they use steam though, that should lower people making other accounts to get around bans... as you would need to buy another game XD

DogofRaw:
Hmmmm. I cannot allow myself to get excited over this, what with how MW2 turned out. Ultimately, I would rather have less features like this, and more balanced gameplay, something Treyarch have neglected in the past. That being said, its probably unfair of me to judge this purely from videos and I will probably buy it anyway, but I am being deliberately pessimistic to avoid dissapointment. It'll be interesting to see how this all pans out.

It's so funny reading your posts in my head in your voice xD xD

Pages PREV 1 2

Reply to Thread

Have an account? Login below:
With Facebook:Login With Facebook
or
Username:  
Password:  

Not registered? To sign up for an account with The Escapist:
Register With Facebook
Register With Facebook
or