LoadingReadyRun: Mercenary Solutions 3

Pages PREV 1 2 3

Alright, maybe I'm missing something - I didn't find that episode funny at all. I laughed at the end when Alex began eating the C4, but apart from that, that was painfully disappointing. Seriously guys, you can do better.

Am I the only one who wants to see a video game made out of this concept? You create your own comically amoral mercenary and team up with Alex and Kathleen. You can take different shamelessly evil missions from equally amoral political factions (which is all of them) in order to help pay the bills. The different factions will actually gain and lose influence based on the missions you complete (and, to a lesser extent, random grunts you kill in between missions), thus allowing one or the other of them to take over the world with your help. Alternatively, you can play all the factions against each other until every single one of them hits zero influence, at which point they collapse, leaving the world in anarchy. It'd be fun to play, have a potentially interesting mechanic in the influence system, and playing the gritty, gray morality for laughs would probably make for some hilarious writing.

nice luger

This is probably the greatest episode ever! Thank you for making this!

lol this was good stuff. must hurt to do that batman voice for so long.

who knew it'd be so costly to hold a merc business! lol

and nice...phone

You know, I just realized. LRR has a lot of weapons.Only thing missing is a bazooka. Could that be the next yard sale challenge?

Why do the mercenaries talk like Red Green?

haha! I thought it couldn't find the first Mercenary Solutions. Damn you internet with your 404!

Maldeus:
Am I the only one who wants to see a video game made out of this concept? You create your own comically amoral mercenary and team up with Alex and Kathleen. You can take different shamelessly evil missions from equally amoral political factions (which is all of them) in order to help pay the bills. The different factions will actually gain and lose influence based on the missions you complete (and, to a lesser extent, random grunts you kill in between missions), thus allowing one or the other of them to take over the world with your help. Alternatively, you can play all the factions against each other until every single one of them hits zero influence, at which point they collapse, leaving the world in anarchy. It'd be fun to play, have a potentially interesting mechanic in the influence system, and playing the gritty, gray morality for laughs would probably make for some hilarious writing.

Just QFT. This sounds like a fun game.

KEM10:

Greenshoes:
Good to see that they have a scope on the shotgun.

Not just any shotgun; a shortened, pistol handle shotgun. A regular one could use a scope if you are firing slugs, but I am still trying to figure this one out.

I'm glad I'm not the only one that spotted that. :P

Imper1um:

KEM10:

Greenshoes:

Not just any shotgun; a shortened, pistol handle shotgun. A regular one could use a scope if you are firing slugs, but I am still trying to figure this one out.

Gun nuts, assemble!

This must have been filmed either before the pudding incident, or after the cleanup, because I don't see any pudding on the wall. :-D

Greenshoes:

The sawn-off, lever-action, pump-action (double-action?) shotgun. It also fires crayons!

Edit:

KEM10:

Imper1um:

KEM10:

Greenshoes:

Gun nuts, assemble!

Damn, I'm late.

Is it just me or has there been a vague tendency towards minimalism and character work in the videos lately? Anyway, great to see Kane and Crowthorne back in action again. This might be the best one yet.

Keab42:

bor3ds0ul:
Mercenary solutions 3?! Where is 1 and 2?

They are over on LRR's main site where their Pre-Escapist videos are hosted. Let me find the links for you:

1. http://loadingreadyrun.com/videos/view/404/Mercenary-Solutions
2. http://loadingreadyrun.com/videos/view/474/Mercenary-Solutions-2

Omg thanks for those links, they're hilarious :D

Great episode btw guys. Hope it was worth Batmaning it throughout the shoot though, bet there's some sore throats about :P

I cracked up at the diabetes joke. It was ten times funnier because you pronounced it just like Wilford Brimley does in those commercials. Hi-freaking-larious. Kudos guys.

That is one vicious sounding cat. Yet still cute when it purrs.

love the jokey bits reference of the c4 being cookie dough

No offense to anyone at LRR, but this is a prime example of LRR trying too hard. The vid would be better if the fake grimy accents were actually good....

Not funny, it's more akin to that annoying dude that you don't like at work trying to pretend a voice, but using it in inappropriate situations....

Little bit of advice to everyone at LRR if your doing something that involves talking like that again: Drink luke-warm water before hand, it'll help with your throat. But don't drink cold, it'll mess you up =P

Is it me or is the part of the M16's barrel missing?

the guns on the wall appear to be stickers

Greenshoes:

Not like they need if for sweet 360 drop shots in COD4.

I am very offended with your insults to mercenary groups. Blackwater for example has been called in many times where regular military refuse to put themselves at risk. Polish Ambassador Edward Pietrz sure would not appreciate these insults.

Imper1um:

KEM10:

Greenshoes:

Yeah, about that scoped shotgun.

I rewatched "Ways to Wake Someone Up" today and realized SWAT agent Matt Wiggins had that gun too.

I wonder when we'll get to see the shotgun-with-a-scope yet again...

I have visions of a video game now.. would be a fun coop mode.

Pages PREV 1 2 3

Reply to Thread

Have an account? Login below:
With Facebook:Login With Facebook
or
Username:  
Password:  

Not registered? To sign up for an account with The Escapist:
Register With Facebook
Register With Facebook
or
Registered for a free account here