Trailers: Tactics Ogre: Let Us Cling Together

Pages 1 2 NEXT

Tactics Ogre: Let Us Cling Together

The classic strategy RGP is coming to the PSP.

Watch Video

A little disappointed that they didn't update the graphics, but I love this game. Day one purchase for me.

ah now the perfect test of each posters maturity.

Don't know what TO is? then you don't know ****

FloodOne:
A little disappointed that they didn't update the graphics, but I love this game. Day one purchase for me.

Agreed.

Can't wait to play this game.

They really should stop using direct translations. "Let Us Cling Together?" Sounds stupid. I'm sure it will be a good game, but yea...

"Let Us Cling Together"...barely a step up in translation from "Let's Fighting Love".

/protect my balls

maybe it will be like when they remade FF tactics, maybe they'll throw something in there, but, who cares great game look forward to it!

Probably the silliest game name after "AAAAaaaaAAAaaaaAAAaaaaAaaa!!!!: A Reckless Disregard For Gravity".

Well, seeing as FFT was just basically a copy of this, and nothing can beat FFT, I probably won't be picking this up

Oh I've having an Ogre Batt.... er Tactics Ogre itch recently. Sadly no PSP to help me scratch it.

Haven't played one since the N64 one. Is it still balls-hard to get the "best" endings?

Xzi:
They really should stop using direct translations. "Let Us Cling Together?" Sounds stupid. I'm sure it will be a good game, but yea...

It's a Queen reference. Like "Ogre Battle" and "March of the Black Queen". It does sound dumb, though.

Stilt-Man:

Xzi:

It's a Queen reference. Like "Ogre Battle" and "March of the Black Queen". It does sound dumb, though.

Kind of a recursive bad translation though, since the Queen song uses some gratuitous Japanese. It's a good song though, like absolutely everything Queen-related.

Wow I honestly thought I would never see this game (franchise) again... I remember Tactics: Ogre barley and Ogre Battle while fresher in my mind still draws mostly blank, exept for the little soldier dudes...I had an irrational hatred of them.

Damn why does it have to be a PSP exculsive and now I have a urge to play Ogre Battle 64 again.

So many goode games on the PSP, wish they would release them on the PC too... :(

I've been waiting for years for a SRPG as good as (read: exactly the same as) FFT. I've tried Fire Emblem, Disgaea, Jeanne d'Arc, Advance Wars... none of them satisfied me truly. I am so getting this game. Day of release perhaps!

But no release date... That's evil of them.

I beat this game literally 15 times on SNES and PS1. The spell animations look freaking amazing, the sword techniques look godlike. The best tactical RPG of all time makes its triumphant return.

I need to buy a new PSP. Damnit.

Xiado:
Well, seeing as FFT was just basically a copy of this, and nothing can beat FFT, I probably won't be picking this up

Actually, this game is considered superior by near everyone that has mentioned the two games. I think it's worth keeping an eye one.

I loved Tactics Ogre: The Knight of Lodis because of it's epic story and addictive gameplay. It's definitely one of my all time favorites. I've never had much of a chance to play Let Us Cling Together, how does it compare?

For somebody who hasn't played the game at all, the intro looked better than the gameplay itself :p

SlightlyEvil:

Kind of a recursive bad translation though, since the Queen song uses some gratuitous Japanese. It's a good song though, like absolutely everything Queen-related.

"Teo Torriatte" already uses some pretty bad Japanese. Maybe it's payback? XD

"Let Us Cling Together" Still sounds weak compared to "March of the Black Queen" or "Ogre Battle." Though it's still better than calling a game "Lazing on a Sunday Afternoon," I guess.

Eeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeee
This is some exciting news. This is a franchise worthy of high praise.

Zachary Amaranth:

SlightlyEvil:

"Teo Torriatte" already uses some pretty bad Japanese. Maybe it's payback? XD

"Let Us Cling Together" Still sounds weak compared to "March of the Black Queen" or "Ogre Battle." Though it's still better than calling a game "Lazing on a Sunday Afternoon," I guess.

"Tactics Ogre: Fat Bottomed Girls".

Coming Fall 2011.

I must have but i have no psp :(

I randomly picked up and played FF tactics A2 a while ago, and got completely hooked on it...

Seeing this trailer has brought the twitch back...

...must...play...*twitch* =D

Although I agree that the title is in the very best tradition of titles that just *don't* work when you translate them into English..it doesn't even make sense... =P

One of the best video games ever made hands down. I want this remake now!

burningdragoon:
Oh I've having an Ogre Batt.... er Tactics Ogre itch recently. Sadly no PSP to help me scratch it.

Haven't played one since the N64 one. Is it still balls-hard to get the "best" endings?

yes; yes it is.

OP: this is going to be awesome. release-day pick up. Definitely

Yep. Gonna have to go dust off my N64 to play some Battle Ogre while I wait for this.

Seriously though, Battle Ogre 64 is the only game from that console generation that I still get an urge to play from time to time.

Why can't we get a Tactics game for a major console instead of the handhelds...

*cry*

There better be some god damned ogres, and they best be tactical!

Aw, too bad I don't have a PSP. I still have Tactics Ogre for my Game Boy and I absolutely love it. Great turn-based strategy game, one of my favorites.

is it just me or does the trailer show a hell lot of sprites from Final Fantasy Tactics Advance, it's got the Tactics Advance 2 feel to it (basic 32 bit isometric sprites with CG/Partial based attack animations), though as far as i know there hasn't been a Tactics Orge for quite some time so maybe Square Enix is using the same engine Tactics Advance1 & 2 cause i sware i saw the Reoda Volcano map from Advance in there

I lolled when it kicked over to Japanese.

Don't own a PSP, so I guess I'm skipping this one. Meh, just play Battle for Wesnoth, in my opinion.

SlightlyEvil:

"Tactics Ogre: Fat Bottomed Girls".

Coming Fall 2011.

I was thinking "Tactics Ogre: Tie Your Mother Down."

:D

Ildecia:

burningdragoon:

yes; yes it is.

OP: this is going to be awesome. release-day pick up. Definitely

Funny, OB64 was probably the easiest game in the series to get the 'best' ending on, because you weren't on a time limit, and the game wasn't really challenging to begin with, and there was no confusing series of tasks that needed to be completed to get certain characters (hi Canopus).

As for the actual trailer, I see the still haven't decided on a spelling for 'Xytegenia', which was 'Zeteginia' in the last English release of an Ogre game (The Knight of Lodis, if I'm not mistaken). Also, in every other translation I've seen, the characters have been 'Denim', 'Kachua', and 'Vice'. I'm not sure about what happened there either. Maybe it's just a funny Japanese trailer, and the names will be changed

Also glad to see that the Ogre series is continuing its tradition of having ridiculously good soundtracks (not hard if you keep remixing and updating the same classic tunes).

If I had a PSP, I know I'd be buying this game. Alas, I must sate myself with... 'other' methods.

Pages 1 2 NEXT

Reply to Thread

Have an account? Login below:
With Facebook:Login With Facebook
or
Username:  
Password:  

Not registered? To sign up for an account with The Escapist:
Register With Facebook
Register With Facebook
or
Register for a free account here