Critical Miss: #41

Pages PREV 1 2 3 NEXT

Don't worry, I thought the Trojan joke were funny. And the explaining of the joke too.

Dante is trying to have sex with you, he wants to make love to you, he is mugging you, he wants crack. What is the first thing we do? That's right, wrist control.

I love the fact that the entire comic was just a platform for the 'Trojan' joke.

Guys, Trojans were NOT a "Greek people". They were an Anatolian people of Asia Minor, probably related to the Hittites.

You're usually better at getting the facts right, so I'll forgive you this one time...

I just want to set the world on; I just want to start a flame in your crotch....

This is my "Tuesday thing".

Monday: Penny Arcade
Tuesday: Critical Miss
Wednesday PA, ZP and ENN
Thursday: Critical Miss (I think it's tues/thurs) Doraleous and EC.
Friday: PA, PATV

Wow, that's kind of sad put in that form. I need a girlfriend.

Grey Carter:

ZephrC:
Gah! Trojan's aren't Greeks! The Trojans and the Greeks were enemies, there's this whole book about it.

Sorry, just had to get that out of my system. Carry on.

Spot on, Troy was actually in good ol' Turkey. It's imperfect narative.

*coughs*

Also I actually quite like the new Dante. I never liked the old one as he didn't look like a badass as much as he looked like a raging douchebag. The new Dante looks like a relatable human being.

Thank you, thank you, thaaaaank you, Sir!

I really thougth i am the only one.
This Dante actually looks like he is battling and figthing and bruises up and isn't a indestructible bling-bling porcellain Puppet and an incredible idiot.

Redhead is my new favorite character. Taste in men and plays Reanimator. I hope we see more of her.

Grey Carter:

ZephrC:
Gah! Trojan's aren't Greeks! The Trojans and the Greeks were enemies, there's this whole book about it.

*coughs*

Also I actually quite like the new Dante. I never liked the old one as he didn't look like a badass as much as he looked like a raging douchebag. The new Dante looks like a relatable human being. A human being with a burning desire.

A burning desire for crack.

Yeah, but the whole Douchebag Vibe was his thing and strangely enought made him likable. Plus he proved he was a badass by constantly letting everyone take a crack at killing him then brushing it off like it was nothing.

Either way this new Crackhead better have some good gameplay or its the pits for Ninja Theory.

One more note....Doesn't the new Dante kinda look like the main character, Wex Major? from the PSone game, Wild 9?

psrdirector:
:P Kratos is a man slut

True, but he's not THE manslut.
James Bonds takes man-sluttiness to a level that borders on the ridiculous...

Grey Carter:

ZephrC:

Which was colonized by the Greeks. Just sayin'.

In fact, Turkey was pretty much part of Greece until the fall of the Byzantine Empire, which was basically a Greek empire and not Roman even though it was technically the East Roman Empire, they spoke Greek and were Orthodox.

I don't get the joke about the 'Trojan'. Next time maybe explain your jokes better.

lol thats awesome. I loved how he's coping a feel lol. ALSO loved the black text boxes.

HK_01:

Grey Carter:

ZephrC:

In fact, Turkey was pretty much part of Greece until the fall of the Byzantine Empire, which was basically a Greek empire and not Roman even though it was technically the East Roman Empire, they spoke Greek and were Orthodox.

Not during that time. Asia Minor was colonized by Greeks after the time of the Trojan War and after the Trojan War there weren't any Trojans in that part of the world if you follow the stories. Not that they are really all that historical anyway but that is kinda beside the point.

As stated earlier, the historical Trojans were likely related to the Hittites or some other Indo-European branch from the east of the Bosporus. The similarities in gods and the like were just anachronisms inserted by Homer and other storytellers as the legend evolved over 400 years of oral tradition.

Even afterwards, you cannot really speak of Turkey being Greek, mostly just the western and southern coasts. The central and northern areas had combinations of Persian, Greek, Armenian, Kappadocian, and even Gaulic cultures (plus a few more that are slipping my mind at the moment). The Hellenization of these areas was slower than most of the other former holdings of Alexander.

Also, hydra bladder is awesome. Totally worth it even if the Greek/Trojan thing bugged me as a Classics major.

HankMan:
New Dante probably gets propositioned more than you think... in prison! XD

Onyx Oblivion:
What's a condom?

Don't sleep with Onyx! He'll give you warts!

GENITAL WARTS

Those statues... what DANCE are they doing? xD They're stop motion dancing!

I totally got the Trojan joke. Almost entirely because my first name is "Troy", but nonetheless, I still got it.

Delock:
Worse: New Dante Alighieri

...I was going to make a Dante Alighieri joke.

You just stole my only source of joy. I hope you go to your room and think about it very hard.

The Random One:

Delock:
Worse: New Dante Alighieri

...I was going to make a Dante Alighieri joke.

You just stole my only source of joy. I hope you go to your room and think about it very hard.

I did, and I feel exceptionally happy now. Do you have anymore joy lying around? It was very good.

Ho ho ho it's funny because they're female.

Somehow this comic has just managed to get worse over time. This is so bad, and the trojan sub text pun was so embarrassing that I have to listen to don't fear the reaper just to get cooled down.. yes I so mad.

This comic is great. I love the main texts, the trojan remarks, and the lyrical references in every signoff.

Great work the two of you. Keep 'em on coming.

Hmmm, and here I am still not knowing whether "New Dante" means Dante from Devil May Cry or Dante from Dante's Inferno. Maybe I'm just slow?

I must admit, I mistook Kratos' right arm for a pile of Hamburgers...

Good comic I suppose, been better though.

zombie711:
dante, dante's inferno or dante, devil may cry 's dante?

The Devil May Cry one, obviously. The last panel was a quip to how the remodeled Dante looks like a drug addled punk.

Feralbreed:
Somehow this comic has just managed to get worse over time. This is so bad, and the trojan sub text pun was so embarrassing that I have to listen to don't fear the reaper just to get cooled down.. yes I so mad.

If you listen to don't fear the reaper to calm down you must be a frothing ball of rage. That song doesn't exactly scream soothing to me so your average mellow level has to be floating somewhere just under "moshpit".

Ghengis John:

Feralbreed:

If you listen to don't fear the reaper to calm down you must be a frothing ball of rage. That song doesn't exactly scream soothing to me so your average mellow level has to be floating somewhere just under "moshpit".

Well it's a good song.

Irridium:
The text at the bottom was hilarious. Well done.

Onyx Oblivion:
What's a condom?

Oh Onyx... maybe when your older...

And in bed, with someone.

Maybe a girl.

Great one.
And the classic Dante FTW!

Laughed until it hurt after simultaneously reading
"Cause he would mug us for crack"
and
"sometimes I weep at night"

Cleril:

Irridium:
The text at the bottom was hilarious. Well done.

Onyx Oblivion:
What's a condom?

Oh Onyx... maybe when your older...

And in bed, with someone.

Maybe a girl.

Most likely a dog.

I think the new Dante has that "crack addict baddass" thing down. I mean,s seriously, if you saw him in a dark alley, you would shit yourself.
Also, Kratos, I thought you said I was your only love?.....You liar...

The expression on her face while saying "He'll steal our money for crack" is cheerful enough to be totally creepy.

Rhino of Steel:

HK_01:

Grey Carter:

ZephrC:

Not during that time. Asia Minor was colonized by Greeks after the time of the Trojan War and after the Trojan War there weren't any Trojans in that part of the world if you follow the stories. Not that they are really all that historical anyway but that is kinda beside the point.

As stated earlier, the historical Trojans were likely related to the Hittites or some other Indo-European branch from the east of the Bosporus. The similarities in gods and the like were just anachronisms inserted by Homer and other storytellers as the legend evolved over 400 years of oral tradition.

Even afterwards, you cannot really speak of Turkey being Greek, mostly just the western and southern coasts. The central and northern areas had combinations of Persian, Greek, Armenian, Kappadocian, and even Gaulic cultures (plus a few more that are slipping my mind at the moment). The Hellenization of these areas was slower than most of the other former holdings of Alexander.

Also, hydra bladder is awesome. Totally worth it even if the Greek/Trojan thing bugged me as a Classics major.

Thanks for posting this before I could get worked up and get all my textbooks out to write out a response :) I'm a classics and archaeology major, so I felt your pain!

zombie711:
dante, dante's inferno or dante, devil may cry 's dante?

I got the feeling the exchange was between Devil May Cry Dante and Dante's Inferno Dante. (The latter being "New Dante.")

This is fast becoming my favorite strip to check every week....right behind Penny Arade!

Pages PREV 1 2 3 NEXT

Reply to Thread

Have an account? Login below:
With Facebook:Login With Facebook
or
Username:  
Password:  

Not registered? To sign up for an account with The Escapist:
Register With Facebook
Register With Facebook
or
Register for a free account here