Escapist News Network: Sony's Crazy Marketing

Pages 1 2 NEXT

Sony's Crazy Marketing

Paul and Jeremy get to the bright red bottom of Sony's crazy marketing decisions.

Watch Video

Haha, funny!

Pul Sanders...Heh, Small typo got through Quality control? ^^"

Othereise, good episode, and fantastic mai nstory!

I hope that was not actual poop that you flung at that white board.

Kathleen is right, it would have been funny/

That's probably the least far-fetched explanation for Sony's marketing... Also, woo! Deerhunter!

.......yeah, I thought that joke with the baboons was funny...back when this show was called southpark and the baboons were jelly fish charged with creating family guy jokes.

dex-dex:

I'm guessing refried beans.

On another note, if the Kinect is the Sega CD, does that mean we can play Penn & Teller's Smoke and Mirrors on it?

Pul Saunders.

Yes now the marcus PSP ads all make perfect sense! XD

Yaxley:

dex-dex:

On another note, if the Kinect is the Sega CD, does that mean we can play Penn & Teller's Smoke and Mirrors on it?

Looks like the Publisher's Club members can find out the truth in ENN Rejected. That's just a great bonus over not having to watch the ads.

And that would make this years "Desert Bus For Hope" just that much more painfull. Imagine them having to keep their hands up the whole time.

Why can't I get rid of the Origin pop-up? I can't see the subtext jokes! >(
Otherwise, its pretty funny.

Somehow the whole button thing reminds me of 2 Stupid Dogs cartoon...

Moriarty70:

Yaxley:

dex-dex:

Looks like the Publisher's Club members can find out the truth in ENN Rejected. That's just a great bonus over not having to watch the ads.

And that would make this years "Desert Bus For Hope" just that much more painfull. Imagine them having to keep their hands up the whole time.

but i can't know the secret because i am not a member.

Jaredin:
Pul Sanders...Heh, Small typo got through Quality control? ^^"

Othereise, good episode, and fantastic main story!

There's also "Junrior VP of Marketing and PR, SCEA" at 2:23 xD

To be honest, yay buttons is pretty awesome.
I keep pressing this button, and things happen.
It's pretty intuitive.

Keava:
Somehow the whole button thing reminds me of 2 Stupid Dogs cartoon...

Ah, the memories...

Yay for baboons. Better than Bobby Kotick.

If Kinect is the Sega CD, then good for Microsoft! It had such great games: Vay, Lunar the Silver Star, Lunar the Eternal Blue, Silpheed, and Snatcher.

Yay buttons is a real site. They weren't making it up. It's real. Like really real.

Wow.

dex-dex:
but i can't know the secret because i am not a member.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=XxxqaGmjdi8

I assume the above used something similar. It's a lovely product, Jell-O makes it. All the clues I'm giving since I want something for those $10 I put down.

I really liked the Good EVEning pun.

WoD MMO got face time on ENN! Yay!

* runs off to tell everyone at CCP and WW *

This MMO will be the greatest thing since EVE Online! It will rule the niche market for decades to come! It will be my home for countless hours, like no other MMO!

...and since I don't play any MMOs that's not saying a lot. I'm also saying a daily prayer that the game will not be a pile of boring crap on top of a mountain of dung.

Monkeying around!
BWAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHA!

Seriously good episode though.

I went to the buttons site, and I have got to say that was kinda fun. killed a few minutes.

I noticed the typo! Pul Sanders! But i was Ninja'd...

Great episode this week, monkey buisness!

Sony policy requires exactly one division to be a trainwreck at any one time. The PSP launch was terrible, but the PSP got better when they announced the PS3's 499 enemy crabs. Then the PSPgo was on the table when the 299 PS3 slim was announced. Now they've got the move.

Yes, Sony has a history of excellent products and terrible marketing.

The bit about the deer hunter games cracked me up!

Why the hate on Sonic and Knuckles? That said, monkey puns ftw

The only good marketing Sony ever had is Kevin Butler. Everything else stinks. Especially Marcus. He makes me want to smash my PSP just for spite. Oh yeah, that'd be some nice-a spite.

I like yaybuttons.com though. It's not just good against Kinect, but it works really well against the iPhone and other stupid cell phones that think they are game platforms but only have a touch screen.

I also share in Graham's facepalm about the "monkey business" pun.

"Ya little Monkey Spanker !" - Tiax Rules !

This is one of the funniest episodes i've enjoyed.

Alright, I'll shoot them too.

Sketchesofpayne and mjc0961, what are you talking about? Marketing is what Sony has always been by far the best at.

Deer Hunter? Even if the graphics and gunplay was stellar, it would still be beyond boring.

On the subject of hunting and deer, does anyone here remember Deer Avenger? Man, I miss that game.

Am I the only one who kept hearing "Gay button"?

Wait, "Lithe"? [scratches head...]

Pages 1 2 NEXT

Reply to Thread

Have an account? Login below:
With Facebook:Login With Facebook
or
Username:  
Password:  

Not registered? To sign up for an account with The Escapist:
Register With Facebook
Register With Facebook
or