Zero Punctuation: Halo: Reach

Pages 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 . . . 20 NEXT

Halo: Reach

This week, Zero Punctuation reviews Halo: Reach.

Watch Video

oh shit he did do it...and he...slightly enjoyed it.....well Yahtzee you have shoved your dick into my skull and completely fucked my mind.

Completely over-hyped franchise. Thank god there's someone sensible to tell it how it is :)

Yay Yahtzee

Really, really nice callback to his Halo 3 review at the end, there. Bravo.

I am frankly amazed that Yahtzee did this, considering how bleh he was about Halo 3 and Halo Wars.

Also, I LIKED Oni.

so did he like it?

Thanks for reviewing it ...
Hope its good :D

He LIKED IT?

That first pun at the end credits was the best yet.

"I don't know why you say goodbye, I say Halo!"

Surprisingly Fair. Didnt care too much about this, hope the space combat and jetpack is Bungie Teasing what they are gonna do now they aren't Microsofts Bitches!

Eh, I feel like these are some pretty pedantic faults even considering it is Yahtzee but whatever, I still enjoy it.

Repetitive gameplay? Are you kidding? Every headshot, every twitch kill is a completely new and different experience from the last. Like in the degrees you turn. And who you're killing. And stuff.

Cue the Halo fanboys?

Oh well good review and I agree mostly from what ive played of it at a friends.

Yes! Make a sequel to Oni, I love that game!

This was quite a high joke-per-minute episode. Good stuff.

i honestly thought he was gonna be more harsh on this... i found the campaign to be just as if not MORE frustrating... cant wait for Bulletstorm to bring back the badass

on another note he didn't mention the Firefight mode, which CAN be played single-player and it works just fine.

EDIT:

JaredXE:
I am frankly amazed that Yahtzee did this, considering how bleh he was about Halo 3 and Halo Wars.

Also, I LIKED Oni.

they made a reference to Oni in the campaign (Oni Sword Base was a place you could fight)

Sorta Surprising.

Yeah, I'll rent it. I can't believe some people actually reacted ti this game just like Egoraptor's Awesome Reach (look it up). This is NOT going to be the end of Halo, and there's something wrong with people who think otherwise.

One last thing, Escapsit. Please, please, please, please, PLEASE stop with that stupid Slim Jim commercial. I know they're giving you money, but can you please just put a banner ad or soemthing? It's too long, it's stupid, it's geared to six year olds, and it definatly doesn't make me want to buy any. Frankly, I'm insulted everytime I see it, and I have to put up with it almost every time I watch a damn movie here. I go on this site everyday, but I'm concidering stopping if this keeps up and I'm probably not the only one.

I was expecting another super smash brothers, where it takes him 5 months to do it, oh well.
It always bugged me how open and flimsy the vehicles looked in halo and the no seatbelt things when your rolling a warthog

Have a LAN party with friends, oh hater of multiplayer. Because that is not online and it is fucking awesome.

I'm gonna have to watch this again because I missed the first minute laughing about the very first thing he said.

Hahah, that Metacunt joke. Good stuff.

The jet-packs were pretty fun. But it was annoying how they weren't in a lot of the levels of the campaign.

At least it was annoying to me.

Nice to see that Yathzee still has a hard time playing FPS' ^^

Also "Combat Evolved" was added by Microsoft (much to Bungies discontent) because they feared that just having it called "Halo" like Bungie would have wanted would "confuse" the game-buying public because it didn't describe what the game was about.

Well, that was less negative than I expected. (I lol'd at the playstation move joke)

a sequel for Oni...
i'm all for that, Oni was awesome.
come on Bungie, do it.

I'm surprised. He didn't hate Halo Reach...

You already made the "Hello, Goodbye" pun on the Halo 3 video... or was that intended...

I am actually surprised that he didn't tear it apart, but I still think that saying "a game has to stand up on single player alone" is a very silly statement. So is the quality of an MMO diminished because there's no mode to grind quests by yourself?

Wow. This is the first halo game he's actually liked...

cool, that was a nice surprise. Noblest death goes to Jorge for me however

: ) Love Jorge!

Artemus_Cain:

One last thing, Escapsit. Please, please, please, please, PLEASE stop with that stupid Slim Jim commercial. I know they're giving you money, but can you please just put a banner ad or soemthing? It's too long, it's stupid, it's geared to six year olds, and it definatly doesn't make me want to buy any. Frankly, I'm insulted everytime I see it, and I have to put up with it almost every time I watch a damn movie here. I go on this site everyday, but I'm concidering stopping if this keeps up and I'm probably not the only one.

Agreed!

OT, I actually want this game. My friends and I have had a lot of fun playing this game together

People don't need seat belts in Halo because of artificial gravity and/or some other advanced and vague technology.

I want another vintage Bungie game... something more complex like their Marathon (Halo for real gamers) and/or Myth series.

But then again, they are with Activision now so I'm doubtful.

I loved his reference to the characters hanging off the side of the helos. The funny thing is that real chopper gunners do that. I really don't understand why they have the minigunner on a blackhawk hanging out in the open just asking to get shot, but they do. Sometimes real life is as stupid as games.

orangeapples:
I'm surprised. He didn't hate Halo Reach...

it was the jetpacks i bet xD

Wait, he actually kinda enjoyed it?

Pages 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 . . . 20 NEXT

Reply to Thread

Have an account? Login below:
With Facebook:Login With Facebook
or
Username:  
Password:  

Not registered? To sign up for an account with The Escapist:
Register With Facebook
Register With Facebook