Trailers: DC Universe Online Metropolis Fly Through

DC Universe Online Metropolis Fly Through

A travelogue fly-over of the city of Metropolis.

Watch Video

I like it!

It seems a little like City of Heros though

Any news on a single player mode without the monthly fee?

The "Ace of Clubs" :D

Guess that means I'm gonna make an alcoholic superhero and just hang with Bibbo all day.

Look at all that stuff to get messed up by the super villains!

AssassinJoe:
I like it!

It seems a little like City of Heros though

IMHO, that can only be a good thing.

coolest thing in that video for me? the fact the super speed guy ran upside down.

Looks great. I wonder which skyscraper is Lexcorp, and who runs the 'Ace of Clubs' Club?

Well at least this was better than the combat video.

This game had a promising cinematic...but then the gameplay videos were released >_>

Pre Order Now? I don't think so, I'll just wait a week or two and it will be on sale for $10.00

Hmm... I wonder if they showed the Daily Planet...

Sucky fly-through, didn't even show the Daily Planet.

The_root_of_all_evil:

AssassinJoe:
I like it!

It seems a little like City of Heroes though

You'd think so, but I just decided to let my subscription there lapse for a while. (I'd been on and off since January 2005, but steady since 2008.) So while it would be good for DCUO to learn from some of the industry successes besides WoW, it's a little odd for me that they come looking like a game that I already own, have characters in, and am tired of.

Amarsir:

The_root_of_all_evil:

AssassinJoe:
I like it!

It seems a little like City of Heroes though

You'd think so, but I just decided to let my subscription there lapse for a while. (I'd been on and off since January 2005, but steady since 2008.) So while it would be good for DCUO to learn from some of the industry successes besides WoW, it's a little odd for me that they come looking like a game that I already own, have characters in, and am tired of.

I was on CoH for a good long time - and I still think it's a superior gamestyle to most of the other MMOs I've seen. Their only problem is their control obsession where if they did more work on PvP/E and made powers more malleable (I.E. not nerfing everything down to minimal output) then it would be a wonderful game.

With DCUO, they seem to be capturing the spirit and tackling the balance issues from the start - my only worry is that combat seems VERY...lacklustre.

WhiteFangofWar:
Looks great. I wonder which skyscraper is Lexcorp, and who runs the 'Ace of Clubs' Club?

The Ace of Clubs isn't really a club in the comics, it's a bit of a dive bar owned by "Bibbo" Bibowski, a former heavyweight boxer, dockworker, drunk and sometime informer for Superman.

Captain Ninja:
coolest thing in that video for me? the fact the super speed guy ran upside down.

I agree, though is it just me or did it still seem really slow for superspeed?

Also I don't really like teh animations in this game so far, atleast not the ones I've seen. The idea of being a villain sounds awesome though.

Reply to Thread

Have an account? Login below:
With Facebook:Login With Facebook
or
Username:  
Password:  

Not registered? To sign up for an account with The Escapist:
Register With Facebook
Register With Facebook
or
Register for a free account here