Trailers: Shogun 2: Total War Assassination Trailer

Pages 1 2 NEXT

Shogun 2: Total War Assassination Trailer

What happens when you order your ninja to assassinate an enemy general?

Watch Video

This ninja must be a reject from the Tenchu games.

He isnt exactly the stealthiest person ive seen.

hurr silly ninja got leg humped & fell down durr

Think that was the response they were going for.

It wasnt very ninja-ish....felt like a schoolboy sneaking to do a prank on the principal....but still im exited about this game....it just brings back so many memories from the days when i played shogun 1 and had no idea why i kept losing haha

With guards that useful, only a ninja using an air horn could possibly fail.

Wait a minute...wasn't this posted in the news section twice?

*EDIT* Yes, yes it was.
http://www.escapistmagazine.com/news/view/104090-Shogun-2-Assassination-Trailer-Flips-Out-With-Ninjas

I am going to take a guess that the video applies to a beginner ninja, as well as implies victory isn't guaranteed. Not sure if I like the new campaign map view but didn't see enough of that to really make a determination

That's kind of neat, but I doubt I'd make it halfway through a campaign before turning those movies off. They would really get really annoying after you've seen them all.

Hahahaha that is one dumbass ninja!

I really wish they had some kind of optional infiltration mini game, would make the assassins feel a little less random.

Did he say Ninjer?

I can't say I like the look of the new campaign map.

I am going to take a wild guess and say that Ninja was new to the job.

Two things.

#1. That is one clumsy ninja

#2. How did the guards not wake up there? I mean he yanked his foot out of that one guards grasp, then proceeded to trip on another.

What kind of ninja just runs through the middle of the camp?

Cousin_IT:
hurr silly ninja got leg humped & fell down durr

Think that was the response they were going for.

I rather think that this was one of the markers where the outcome could have change (Guard wakes up and kills Ninja for example). Don't know if you have played any of their older Total War games, but at least Medieval 2: Total War had videos that started the same, but depending on the outcome changed midway.

I'm glad they are doing their part in dispelling the absurd image ninjas have gained due in large part to over-hyped weeaboos. Just like pirates nijas were PEOPLE not the romanticized magical flying BS people seem to think they were these days. Portraying ninjas as over the top inhuman powerhouses is worse than how Twilight portrays vampires.

As for the army/guards sleeping on the ground that can easily be explained too. If you're marching all day carrying 60 or more pounds of supplies or equipment in the summer it's VERY tiring, let alone fighting or training. You're going to be so tired that some guy tripping over you while trying to go take a piss isn't going to get between you and some sleep.

Shogun is another game I'm hesitantly excited about. Empire was so disappointing I'm not sure I can trust Creative Assembly again. Riddled with many game breaking bugs long after release as well as DLC at launch made previously loyal customers like me and several others that have been with the series since Shogun 1 disloyal. Then just to give us another kick in the groin they release Napoleon and ditch support for Empire. So a company I used to hold in the highest regard now is reduced to something barely above EA.

From the brief glimpse of the Shogun 2 campaign map, it has attracted my attention far more than the Empire - map has ever and will ever do. And if you are a Total War player, watching a samurai (or ashigaru) clinging to the leg of a ninja in weary reverie is a nice break from the grind of megalomania.

Three cheers for ninjas. I was going to buy this game anyway, whether good or not (out of nostalgia and the joy of a melee-centric Total War) and this has only aroused my interest further.

Are RTS Devs scared of blood now. That may sound juvenile but seriously if that's the best they can do for assassinations I am seriously disappointed. I mean the first's assassinations were awesome

Looking forward to the game, regardless of all else.
The main thing I noticed (other than the attempts at comedy) was that the sword, after passing through the enemy general, had no blood on it. Just makes me wonder why. I loved the splash of blood on the shoji screens in the old vids.

As for the map, I don't buy the CA games for their maps, but for the gameplay. That's of primary importance--but that doesn't mean I want the map to be difficult to navigate. As long as it's easy to get around on and relatively accurate, it'll do.

kouriichi:
This ninja must be a reject from the Tenchu games.

He isnt exactly the stealthiest person ive seen.

You got the Tenchu vibe too?
I kept having flashbacks of all the ridiculous moments in those games...

OT:
The dude made love to the ninja's foot. I would not call that a successful assassination attempt.

0over0:

The main thing I noticed (other than the attempts at comedy) was that the sword, after passing through the enemy general, had no blood on it. Just makes me wonder why.

Kowing that ninja, it's probably because he fell out of the tree, dropped his sword, and just landed on the enemy general himself breaking his head open. The sword only went through the table.
just my theory anyway.

LOL--I think you must be correct!

gphjr14:
What kind of ninja just runs through the middle of the camp?

Are you suggesting he'd dig under the camp? :)

Regardless, seems to me a better plan than dressing up as a typical ninja would be to, I don't know, dress up as one of the soldiers?

ok so despite the fact the ninja was clearly not that skilled, i still badly want this game.

thanks CA for advertising a game 18 fucking months before you release it!!

I'm sorry, but that is the dumbest thing I've seen this month. Giant Ninja on the world map shrinks to become a noisy, cartoony ninja. Even stumbling over a trained soldier and they don't even wake up.

3D rotation now? That's it? It was not thrilling or special at all.

Looking promising indeed! Cant wait for full release!

Wasnt a great vid tbh :/

I was sorta expecting something to make you go holy shit what did he just do D:

Hooray for Ninja Follies.

Can't believe noone has mentioend how not-good the CGI in this cutscene is, I mean after watching the old ones the differences between the two is disapointingly small.

ooookayyy

The movie is ridiculous. Both the ninja and the guard are, what?! ten years old? They're playing "ninjas"?
I don't even want to talk about the leg hump...what the hell is a ninja doing in the middle of the sleeping guards? that's not strategy. And why the hell does he makes sooo much noise when he walks. I make a better ninja then him ffs!
And what the hell is up with that assasination? jumping down from a tree, slamming the sword through the victims head?
Where the hell is the silent factor?

And why are the samurais so damn stupid? why do they all sleep? aren't they guarding the general in shifts? And being the personal guard of the general is not something anyone would've achieved! No slacker would've been a personal guard for a general.

This is something you see in a funny cartoon.
Sorry for my bad english but, Shogun total war is my favorite from the total war series. And this here, looks like a piece of junk i don't want to get my hands on. Period.

It's a shame.

samsonguy920:
I am going to take a guess that the video applies to a beginner ninja, as well as implies victory isn't guaranteed. Not sure if I like the new campaign map view but didn't see enough of that to really make a determination

^This. I believe the old videos from Shogun (1) were similar, there are several ways he can fail. It's made to make you question whether he will succeed until the very end of the movie.

And yeah, the game doesn't take itself super serial with these videos. Neither did the first:
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=pFUkLOiMDFI

Not the most skilled ninja but he got the job done...

Damn this just wants me to get this game more!

Getting more doubtful about being able to run this game if even the campaign map is spruced up.

But dam that ninja was laughably bad - I hope they have better animations for better ninjas

Lost In The Void:
Are RTS Devs scared of blood now. That may sound juvenile but seriously if that's the best they can do for assassinations I am seriously disappointed. I mean the first's assassinations were awesome

Ah yes the good old days i have found memories playing that game so cited about the new one too. Thanks for the great reminder of the old times.

Im so excited about shogun 2 even though there is no blood it is still going to be one of the highlights of next year for me.

luckiest ninja of all time

Pages 1 2 NEXT

Reply to Thread

Have an account? Login below:
With Facebook:Login With Facebook
or
Username:  
Password:  

Not registered? To sign up for an account with The Escapist:
Register With Facebook
Register With Facebook
or