Daily Drop: Glass Paperweight

Pages PREV 1 2 3 4 5 NEXT

thats awesome.

Really? You're getting paid to do that?

So if the downward force of gravity applied to a glass paper weight is challenged by the steady conflicting force of the stationary floor the resulting collison of forces created are too much for the glass paper weight which shatters as a result.

Cool.

Looking forward to more destruction of things.

It's pointless and I love it.
but for a video a minute long can I complain about the
Caps Warning:

FUCKING ADVERTS

I honestly think this show is genius. Smashing shit is slow mo; what's not to like?

GeneticallyModifiedDucks:
You know, at first I thought this was stupid... and I still do.

Have to say it did look kind of cool with this thing, but really I don't see the point to this.

There doesn't have to be a point to everything, sometimes its nice, from all the coloums and thought provoking fourms to have some good eye candy... then watch the eye candy get smashed in slow mo XD

I love slow motion videos, you get to see the complexity and beauty the human eye cannot detect in real-time. Can't wait for more! :)

Artorius:
though i wonder how Graham and the others got their hands on a High Speed camera..
far as i know those things WORTH a fortune.

According to them on Twitter they rented it, and for five days recorded things breaking for fourteen hours a day. They said buying one costs as much as a new car.

Slow motion makes everything look good.

Kere:
Interesting. :)
Looked better after it got dropped and shattered.

Yes. This.
I looked at that paperweight and thought, "UGH! Ugly! Deserves to die!!"
Those tiny slivers of glass spinning through the air do look kinda cute.

By the way, Kere, nice Miyuki Takara avatar. ^_^

I could get used to this, you know. This is definitely something I'm looking forward to now. I loved the fish in the preview trailer.

AssassinJoe:
Slow motion makes everything look good.

Yes, Yes it does.

-m

I want it dropped at a higher place... O_O

Well, I liked it. I'm looking forward to seeing the fish they dropped in the teaser trailer.

heh, satisfying to watch. it totally smashed...

moar plx

slightly evil:
Caps Warning:

FUCKING ADVERTS

What adverts are you talking about?

Poor paperweight...RIP.
Also, something to add to my otherwise bland post: i liked how one of the bigger pieces flung a smaller shard off the screen. It seemed to develop quite a nice spinning speed on the way, too. Quite dangerous, you could lose an eye if you weren't wearing those sweet goggles.

AdmiralMemo:

slightly evil:
Caps Warning:

FUCKING ADVERTS

What adverts are you talking about?

The ones you see when you don't have Pub Club.

Why not drop some geeky stuff instead of random stuff we see on TV.

Artorius:
Time Warp meets the Escapists looking forward to the premise :)
and poor everyday objects xD.
though i wonder how Graham and the others got their hands on a High Speed camera..
far as i know those things WORTH a fortune.

They rented one for a week and dropped a season's worth of stuff. Apparently even a rental was expensive. There is no point in making requests for stuff to drop since they don't have it anymore.

Would you please change the music it seems to detract from the experience of watching things break in slow-mo.

I liked it ... wonder how much the slow-motion cam set them back

Seems like an engaging "X on my head" virul youtube channel. I will keep watching it. Havn't made an opinnion yet if I *enjoy* watching it.

this show is made of win which when dropped shatters in to a million pieces of awesome.

Honestly... guys; I know your direction is "let's just feel the site up with press released and video clips", but every day breaking something else? And THAT'S IT?
Please - give some actual CONTENT. Remember content?

a note to those complaining about the drop height, look at Paul's head, he's about 5 inches from the roof. Unless they did the drops outside I don't think it can get much higher

Interesting video I look forward to seeing how this develops

If this show proves anything, it's that people are easily amused, and I am one of these people.

After this finished I immediately watched it again. And again. About five or six times. I never ever watch any videos even twice in a row like that. Just making my thoughts clear.

J a m m y:
According to them on Twitter they rented it, and for five days recorded things breaking for fourteen hours a day. They said buying one costs as much as a new car.

Richard Pippy:
They rented one for a week and dropped a season's worth of stuff. Apparently even a rental was expensive. There is no point in making requests for stuff to drop since they don't have it anymore.

Yeah, I saw those. I really hope this series gets the good run it deserves, not least given the effort that's gone into it.

GeneticallyModifiedDucks:
You know, at first I thought this was stupid... and I still do.

Have to say it did look kind of cool with this thing, but really I don't see the point to this.

Kungfu_Teddybear:
I'm afraid i'm still not seeing the point in all this.

the point is....there is no point.
just watch things get shattered or don't.

MattAn24:
Huh. I'm actually around for the first few comments.. Neat!

It is obvious that Paul is designated scientist, for it is he who is currently doing science up in here. Alas, sans beard.

Anyway, that Daily Drop glass reverse-break is AWESOME. I love that bit. Cool elevator too!

As for the drop.. Poor little fish glass thing.. But it knew the risks!

EDIT: So far, there are -two- Escapists I've seen in this comments thread alone that "don't see the point in this". IT'S SCIENCE AND IT'S AWESOME. Does it have to "have a point"?

The LRR forum is unanimous with "this idea is the greatest thing ever". So.. You obviously have no taste.

Not no-taste, more, varied, different.

O.T. The only thing that I missed was a reverse shot :( I, for some reason, loved it :)

*sigh* You guys and people like mythbusters really make me jealous.

You get paid for having fun and breaking things.....

Looks fun by the way.

While this video was pretty cool, I have a feeling this show will get old reeaally quick.

For those asking what is the point... there is none! Get it? That is the beauty of it, pure unadulterated destruction of household objects.

Happiness and joy. Having stuff getting destroyed in slo-mo is always awesome.

Pages PREV 1 2 3 4 5 NEXT

Reply to Thread

Have an account? Login below:
With Facebook:Login With Facebook
or
Username:  
Password:  

Not registered? To sign up for an account with The Escapist:
Register With Facebook
Register With Facebook
or
Register for a free account here