Daily Drop: Glass Paperweight

Pages PREV 1 2 3 4 5 NEXT

Awesplosion! Take that you holding-down-of-papery feind!

I... don't know what to say guys. o_o

Simply awesome. An excellent addition to The Escapist!

Obvious Captian Obvious likes dropping things.

If I could watch everything shatter in slow motion I wouldn't feel so guilty about knocking over a few vases here and there...

itaigreif:
Honestly... guys; I know your direction is "let's just feel the site up with press released and video clips", but every day breaking something else? And THAT'S IT?
Please - give some actual CONTENT. Remember content?

You mean like the four feature-length articles we run in each weekly edition of the magazine? Or the columns from folks like Shamus Young, Ben Croshaw, Bob Chipman, Dr. Mark Kline, and JP Sherman that get published every day? Perhaps one of our original web comics? That kind of content?

Naturality:

You guys should do a crossover between this and Things on my head. Pure awesome would occur.

i tried to imagin how that would work but i just can't picture it lol :) dropping things on paul's head?

reminds me of brainiac for some reason

I enjoy you guys over from LLR, but there is such a thing as over saturation. >.>

Love that music though.

Kind wanted it to go slower

Can the camera slow it down any more? Not a stellar start, but this looks like it'll be a really good show. Looking forward to next time!

I loved the idea from the start. Who did the Music for it, was it Bradly Rains?, Reigns?,..whatever it was awesome?

So pretty...
Here's an idea: play the footage back in slo-mo si we can see the object rebuild itself.

I've always liked stuff like this - slow-mo explosions, stop motion videos of plants growing, stuff like that. It allows you to see into a world where things usually happen too fast or too slow for you to see it properly =)

Artorius:

though i wonder how Graham and the others got their hands on a High Speed camera..
far as i know those things WORTH a fortune.

They rented it. You're right, those things cost a huge amount of money. They had to rent one out and they only had it for a bit. See this here blog post: http://loadingreadyrun.com/blog/?p=1992

GOD I can hear that theme all day!

Why are we interested in slow-motion destruction anyway? It's like when teenagers combine random items, utterly destroying both but just for the impulsive laugh for when it IS working... for a few seconds.

Artorius:
Time Warp meets the Escapists looking forward to the premise :)
and poor everyday objects xD.
though i wonder how Graham and the others got their hands on a High Speed camera..
far as i know those things WORTH a fortune.

On the LRR forums, they said they rented it

Milo Windby:

ranger19:
Somewhat entertaining, but did you guys seriously put a 31 second ad in front of a 90 second video? No way that's worth my time.. and I can't see how anyone can stand for it.

What ad? Oh thats right, I have ad-block on... silly me, I don't see any ads because of it =p

Wait.. what? I have adblock on too! But mine is the one for Chrome.. maybe it's not as functional as a firefox equivalent yet?

Optimystic:
Sure it will break, but will it blend???
I usually tab over to Cracked or Facebook or something until the ad is over.

I figured someone was going to say this, but it's the principal of the thing. I can switch tabs, but I still get the noise pollution ("unleash our spicy side!" *cringe*) and as much as I love the escapist, ads taking up 30% the time of my desired content is ridiculous.

Fantastic music.

Was it made specifically for this, or found somewhere?

Is this seriously a new series? I love it!

The point is: glass people shouldn't fall from high places. That said, this looks to be another fun diversion, kudos!

Somehow it being dropped by Paul in what I have to assume is his favorite costume just makes it that much more enjoyable.

Down with the paperwight empire! Long live the electronic documents!

ranger19:

Milo Windby:

ranger19:
Somewhat entertaining, but did you guys seriously put a 31 second ad in front of a 90 second video? No way that's worth my time.. and I can't see how anyone can stand for it.

What ad? Oh thats right, I have ad-block on... silly me, I don't see any ads because of it =p

Wait.. what? I have adblock on too! But mine is the one for Chrome.. maybe it's not as functional as a firefox equivalent yet?

Perhaps, I have never really seen any ads in the videos here on the Escapist. Using "ABP" for Firefox.

I figured someone was going to say this, but it's the principal of the thing. I can switch tabs, but I still get the noise pollution ("unleash our spicy side!" *cringe*) and as much as I love the escapist, ads taking up 30% the time of my desired content is ridiculous.[/quote]

who needs all the mental stimulating devil juju? I like to watch people drop stuff.

Intriguing 90 second display. That paperweight was gaudy anyway.

Everyone complaining to the point of this video: Please shut your bloody trap and let the show be. We have TimeWarp and people watch that show in droves, I don't see the harm in having an internet version for free...

Honestly, the IQ of some blokes here.

Susan Arendt:

itaigreif:
Honestly... guys; I know your direction is "let's just feel the site up with press released and video clips", but every day breaking something else? And THAT'S IT?

You mean like the four feature-length articles we run in each weekly edition of the magazine? Or the columns from folks like Shamus Young, Ben Croshaw, Bob Chipman, Dr. Mark Kline, and JP Sherman that get published every day? Perhaps one of our original web comics? That kind of content?

Yep, thats a Susan Arendt burn. Congratulations, need a icy hot pack for that?

Awesome music (nicely in sync with the lamps turning on).
Checking if gravity still works can be fun.
What camera are you using? Which digital recorders offer that kind of fps? Do you interpolate frames in post production?

These paperweights are quite difficult to make and despite their ugliness used to be rather expensive. Still well worth destroying if you ask me.

You absolutely need to drop a Slinky and a well shaken bottle of beer. Too bad I just threw away 5 old hard disks. If you remove the lid before dropping them, the platters should shatter which would look interesting.

And how about a balloon with a handful of big nails in it? Or something on fire?

A slowmo rewind during the credits would be cool

It's like stuff blowing up in the Matrix!

opportunemoment:
Ahaha. I love this. The spiritual successor to Will It Blend. :D

Yeah! Awesome!

Syphous:
This is really cool. I want to request a computer monitor... you know, the old gigantic type.

SensibleCrout:
You absolutely need to drop a Slinky and a well shaken bottle of beer. Too bad I just threw away 5 old hard disks. If you remove the lid before dropping them, the platters should shatter which would look interesting.

And how about a balloon with a handful of big nails in it? Or something on fire?

The whole thing is done, so requests are pointless. They rented for a week and dropped stuff constantly. Only editing takes up the time, so they get 1 out per day.

Susan Arendt:

itaigreif:

+1247! You're the best, Susan! :-D

all of a sudden i feel enlightened

that was cool :)

lotsa rude comments tho :/

It would be cooler if the total energy of the system was larger, you know what that means.

I've got to say it: This is Paul's greatest performance that I have seen on the Escapist. He should win an award for this clip!

Pages PREV 1 2 3 4 5 NEXT

Reply to Thread

Have an account? Login below:
With Facebook:Login With Facebook
or
Username:  
Password:  

Not registered? To sign up for an account with The Escapist:
Register With Facebook
Register With Facebook
or
Register for a free account here