Daily Drop: Glass Paperweight

Pages PREV 1 2 3 4 5

We've already shot the first batch of episodes, so I'm afraid we can't fulfill requests anytime soon, but let me assure you all of two things:
1) A lot of the requests I've seen, we thought of too, so look for them in the future!
2) If we see one we haven't done, we're writing it down for next time :)

Thanks for the kind words, all!

Have we really become this dumb? Even a site for nerds is so dumb we have "ooh let's watch this get destroyed in super-slow-mo!" Ugh.

That's a lot of credits for something that was essentially Paul at the top of a ladder.

For those who see no point to this, the same could be argued about everything on this site.

What's the point of ZP, or ENN, or Stolen Pixels? They are here to entertain. I personally don't see the entertainment value in Gamedogs, and I never enjoyed There Will Be Brawl or Apocalypse Lane when they were on, but others did and do.

If you don't enjoy it, it wasn't made for you.

Telperion:
It looked kinda neat. Maybe the next half a dozen episodes will improve on this basic premise?

How? How can you improve on watching things break in glorious slow motion?
Guys. This is the point. What more do you want?
Well, I enjoyed it. There was a show that was on discovery channel that was pretty much the same thing. Called Time Warp or something. Whatever, what I learned from that show was that a water balloon thrown at someones face in slow motion is one of the coolest things ever... I'll see if I can find it.

There it is. Revel in the glory of slowmotion balloon to the face.

BakaMick:
If this show proves anything, it's that people are easily amused, and I am one of these people.

Glad to hear it. Anyone who says otherwise is too stupid to turn their brain off once and a while and see the pretty stuff breaking.

Well, the intro was nice, just as the music already was in the trailer. The rest was boring enough to make me jump straight to the end to see nothing else of interest. My main opinion i already explained when the trailer came out.

Not sure what the point of this series is... it's been done a thousand times before. And it's been done better. It like one of the creators just got a high-speed camera and just had to do something with it.

This is relevant to my interests.

I clicked in hopes of seeing something get dropped(and possibly broken) and this video delivered. I wonder if they'll drop something different like a tomato or egg or something.

And this is why children are amused by breaking things :D

Loved this episode

Way to shoehorn in a new feature.

At least brainiac has cool things going in slowmotion.

ranger19:

Optimystic:

I usually tab over to Cracked or Facebook or something until the ad is over.

I figured someone was going to say this, but it's the principal of the thing. I can switch tabs, but I still get the noise pollution ("unleash our spicy side!" *cringe*) and as much as I love the escapist, ads taking up 30% the time of my desired content is ridiculous.

Oh don't get me wrong, I'm on your side. I think the ads are ridiculous and should definitely be scaled to the length of the video itself. (Of course, that would probably just encourage the contributors to pad out their videos so Russ can charge the "long ad" rates for them.)

As for the noise pollution, you can just mute it :-) Even if you miss the first few seconds of a video as a result, you can grab the progress bar, rewind it, and the ad stays gone. (Yes, it was the horrendous Slim Jim ads that forced me to do this as well.)

So in short, I agree with you, but no muss no fuss I say.

Most pointless show I've ever watched! But it's epic at the same time!!! :D

Different, but yet, I love it! Destruction every day.

Optimystic:

Oh don't get me wrong, I'm on your side. I think the ads are ridiculous and should definitely be scaled to the length of the video itself. (Of course, that would probably just encourage the contributors to pad out their videos so Russ can charge the "long ad" rates for them.)

As for the noise pollution, you can just mute it :-) Even if you miss the first few seconds of a video as a result, you can grab the progress bar, rewind it, and the ad stays gone. (Yes, it was the horrendous Slim Jim ads that forced me to do this as well.)

So in short, I agree with you, but no muss no fuss I say.

Fair enough... video padding would be terrible. I suppose it isn't a huge hassle, but it's definitely annoying, and I don't think this daily drop thing is going to be worth it.

this is the greatest concept ever :O

Wow, that was pretty good. I don't quite understand how it takes four people to drop something, unless its a couch or other large object.

Part of me wants to say "COOL!"

And part of me wants to say, "Umm...okay.... big deal"

Aqua Trenoble:
Wow, that was pretty good. I don't quite understand how it takes four people to drop something, unless its a couch or other large object.

What you see is fairly simple, true. But what you don't see is a lot of finding & transporting things to be dropped, taking photos of all those things, scurrying back and forth handing Paul items, and a whole ton of picking/sweeping/mopping up after each drop. That's where it's useful to have several people helping & making things go faster. Additionally, many of us have day jobs and other commitments, so we had to rotate in and out.

For the actual dropping, of course, it only takes Paul. No one else can do science like Paul.

Ever time I see that slim jim commercial and the guy says "Now Eat it and Beat it" I have to say that's what she said.

WeedyPirate:

Naturality:

You guys should do a crossover between this and Things on my head. Pure awesome would occur.

i tried to imagin how that would work but i just can't picture it lol :) dropping things on paul's head?

No, silly, you put the object on the floor and drop Paul headfirst onto it. :P

I like this

say goodbye to family heirloom

Interesting. I expected it to flex just a little bit (like a rubber ball), but it just broke. Glass is more brittle than I thought.

After watching this, I wonder if animators use slow-mo photography to try and create more realistic destruction animation in, cartoons, games, cg in movies, etc. That was the first thing I thought when I saw all of the glass crack apart and explode out.

Great work guys, drop more stuff!

Where did the paperweight come from? It looked nice and I might get one myself if it's cheap.

GeneticallyModifiedDucks:
You know, at first I thought this was stupid... and I still do.

Have to say it did look kind of cool with this thing, but really I don't see the point to this.

Wait, there's a point?

Graham_LRR:
Glass Paperweight

It's an ornamental glass paperweight, destroyed in slow motion!

Watch Video

The music makes me want to play plants vs zombies for some reason, so i'll do just that....

feel obligated to post here since I just watched this first episode for the first time.
Still cant believe the 100th episode was....coins >.>

I can't believe I weighted so long to do my daily pun for this one :-p

Pages PREV 1 2 3 4 5

Reply to Thread

Have an account? Login below:
With Facebook:Login With Facebook
or
Username:  
Password:  

Not registered? To sign up for an account with The Escapist:
Register With Facebook
Register With Facebook