Daily Drop: Pizza

Pages PREV 1 2 3 4 5 6 NEXT

Droping stuff from heights does not sound or look intresting. I would recommend droping the concept and focusing on the material for Loading Ready Run.

Matt_LRR:
I'm pretty sure mythbusters looked into the whole "will liquid nitrogen make otherwise pliable things shatter" myth, and came up with "no".

-m

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=zLWEemhtdbE

I win again! Booya! :P

Oh yeah and to add to that, mythbuster tested freezing a christmas tree and they expected it to EXPLODE, which is quite retarded in my opinion.

bassdrum:

Matt_LRR:

bassdrum:
Once again, this was a quite lovely dose of random amusement for my day... but you really should have left the pizza frozen. Shattering it would have been even more amusing in my opinion (maybe this is something you can revisit?).

This series is definitely going to be very, very good for stress relief. Having the chance to watch stuff blow up in slow motion every day will be glorious.

Frozen pizza doesn't shatter.

-m

It does if you dip it in liquid nitrogen (and I'm sure that if you guys have the budget to run a base on the moon, you clearly have the budget for that).

I would bet that even pizza frozen in liquid nitrogen will not shatter.

Erm... random. That's all I can say.

I have to admit, I love the falling in slow-mo.

Susan Arendt:

Onyx Oblivion:
Still not getting it...

I guess it's because I'm one of those people who watchs Mythbusters for reasons other than the fact that shit blows up.

You've made it pretty clear you don't enjoy this. So don't watch it. That simple, really. We have plenty of other content for you to enjoy.

And enjoy it I shall.

I wonder if the Grandia 3 Unskippable was fixed...the last time I tried to watch it, the video had been shortened and I couldn't see the whole episode.

Normally I'd enjoy this, but since I'm really hungry...

RAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAGE!!!

Is that a Fastcam 60k camera you are using ?

On that preview with the rubik's cube, you can totally tell that whoever did it just peeled off the colours and matched them like I do, they're all wonkey lol :D

There was something mesmerising about seeing each little piece of shredded cheese flying in every direction. Can't wait for the next drop.

As coldfrog said, I was surprised at how interesting that was to watch... I expected it to be far more boring.

Like the format and the added reverse lead up to the slow motion breakage. Still liked the glass fish better, but glass as a material in general has always fascinated me (it's actually a liquid, you know).

SomeBritishDude:
This show has been going down hill ever since it stopped dropping paper weights.

Yeah, once they started the whole slow motion thing, they really jumped the shark

Matt_LRR:
Man, that one pepperoni slice caught some solid air time.

-m

Which one, Matt? The one with some impressive height, or the one with some serious distance by jumping across the entire pizza?

As for the upcoming Rubik's cube... I'm predicting little breakage if any, but some bounce and a flip before it comes to a stop. We'll see if I'm right in due time...

Yeah, better put some skank on the cube. If one of the little cubes doesn't fly off well :P

Don Reba:

bassdrum:

Matt_LRR:

bassdrum:
Once again, this was a quite lovely dose of random amusement for my day... but you really should have left the pizza frozen. Shattering it would have been even more amusing in my opinion (maybe this is something you can revisit?).

This series is definitely going to be very, very good for stress relief. Having the chance to watch stuff blow up in slow motion every day will be glorious.

Frozen pizza doesn't shatter.

-m

It does if you dip it in liquid nitrogen (and I'm sure that if you guys have the budget to run a base on the moon, you clearly have the budget for that).

I would bet that even pizza frozen in liquid nitrogen will not shatter.

It depends on the content of water. Hearts, human finger and other meat that is high in liquid will shatter if frozen by liquid nitrogen.

So if the pizza had been frozen it would most likely just have broken into a few large pieces, this way we got toppings flying everywhere and an impact that is absorbed and then released by the dough =)

it should have been baked... but it's still looked cool! =)

You have one major advantage over shows like Time Warp. You actually show the entire video instead of cutting away to different angles and other uninteresting crap.

Alas poor pizza... We barely knew thee...

Also heres hoping for a Snow Globe to be dropped at some point.

This series is awesome.

Torn. Yesterday's was better but there's still something hypnotic about the mess of cheese and the rippling effects. Looking forward to the Rubik's cube at least.

Makes me hungry for pizza.....

Pretty cool slow-mo though I would've liked to have the pizza to have landed flat on the ground, tossing all the loose contents up and outward instead of it hitting on its edge.

Definitely a fun diversion...whatever happened to that slow-mo show on Discovery?

JoshTheater:
While I really like the song you've chosen to play over it, I imagine since this is a daily thing people will get sick of it quickly. Maybe you should change around the song you play over the video? Even if it's only like a new song every week, and then you have that song for every video in that week.

We've realized that ourselves, and we'll be mixing it up. Probably depending on what sort of results we get from a given drop.

Come on guys, just once, liquid nitrogen! Imagine the possibilities. You could drop a refrigerated Xbox(the first one), or a frozen Halo.
I can't help it, seeing that 360 drop in the teaser trailer made me all giddy :D

I was curious as to why you didn't use a cooked pizza, but after seeing all that glorious cheese shrapnel I don't think any other way would have been better.

Nooooo I like Pizza.. I mourn it's passing.

I've heard of dropping acid, maybe you could do that? Or is it too dangerous?

The physics nerd in me is really compelled by this.

I don't understand...

You make Crapshots, LRR, ENN, Unskippable...manage a website, and now this everyday...

Graham Stark, I put it to you that you have mastered Time travel.

Or you don't sleep. Which I'm not sure about because if you didn't then the quality should not be this high!

I hope that you drop some terrible games or perhaps a picture of Bob Kotick in the upcoming episodes :P

Keep it up, guys!

man... there's an awful lot of discussion about that one pepperoni slice.. Looks like it'll be a crew member soon! :P

Onyx Oblivion:
Still not getting it...

I guess it's because I'm one of those people who watchs Mythbusters for reasons other than the fact that shit blows up.

You and me both.

Seriously. You people are REALLY bored, aren't you? I mean, hell, I am too, but, you know... I have video games. And TV. And the ability to walk.

I'll never understand this.

I love retarded destruction like this it would be even more fun if you only took hard things that brakes in 1000000000000000 small pieces or that get's totally smashed^^

First off, screw you guys, I just ordered a pizza and the next 30 minutes are going to be extra torturous on my stomach cause of you! That said, it's not too bad - I pity whoever has to eat pizzas looking like that, if I make it to Canada one day, I shall invite ya to lunch :P

Btw, idea for a spin-off show, "Cleanup crew", slow motion cleanup of the mess you make for each episode ^^

I agree with some others in that all I could think of while watching this one was 'man that looks like a nice pizza'.

Okay, I have no idea why, but this time was absolutely hilarious. I'm baffled. I still think this is a terrible idea, but it's now not beyond me to change my mind.

Screw the 5 second rule.

Pages PREV 1 2 3 4 5 6 NEXT

Reply to Thread

Have an account? Login below:
With Facebook:Login With Facebook
or
Username:  
Password:  

Not registered? To sign up for an account with The Escapist:
Register With Facebook
Register With Facebook
or