Daily Drop: Pizza

Pages PREV 1 2 3 4 5 6 NEXT

I need to download me this tune. Make it available PL00XXXX. Ahem, please.

Badger Kyre:
Screw the 5 second rule.

Does the five second rule still apply if it's in slow motion?

And there's something almost hypnotic about these videos...

Not to hate on the dudes from LoadingReadyRun, whom I idolize like a fanboy does mario, but... this isn't what I would expect from them. I mean, its sorta interesting to watch, and because they made it, I'll have to watch it, but its not exactly THAT entertaining.

I'd rather see some more Commodore Hustle, plz :D

That pizza looked a little bit nasty. I was not disappointed to see it on the floor.

Now I REALLY wanted a pizza :)

Matt_LRR:
Man, that one pepperoni slice caught some solid air time.

-m

^I liked it but I am starting to get a feeling that some of the other posters here may be getting back stage passes to say good things about the show. ^

Where are my backstage passes? /\

5 second rule doesn't apply since it is going to be cooked anyway, that will kill all the germs and remove any glass from it.

Ya know... I'm not really into this series; so I think this will be the last time I'll watch. There isn't exactly a whole lot of content here; and despite quite a few people crowing "Science!" at this series, there isn't exactly any, except playing with a high speed camera. Science would come into play if there was some discussion regarding why the object reacted as it did - fracture points, weak points, how object colliding affect vectors, etc.

Combine that with the fact that I've got to watch a 30 second Slim Jim commercial (don't get me wrong, under normal circumstances I don't mind those - after all, it's great that they are advertising here on The Escapist) just to watch a 91 second video - of which if you take out the opening and ending credits you have round 60 seconds... It all adds up to a pass.

Maybe if they consolidate 5 drops into a single episode...

MowDownJoe:

Matt_LRR:

-m

Of course you'd notice that...

Anyway, I found it funny I had pizza for lunch, and this was the drop of the day. GET OUT OF MY HEAD! Was fun to see, though. Rubik's cube will probably be fun, too...

I was thinking the same thing. I popped a french bread pizza into my toaster oven, and came here and saw the daily drop was pizza. Ding! Oh, pizza's done, got to go.

Mmmmmm... Pizza, oh and the video was awesome.

Ha! I love daily drop as a concept; it's just a fun little extra, not meant to be read deeply into or be ambiguous, just something simple and lighthearted to laugh at.

2fish:

Matt_LRR:

-m

^I liked it but I am starting to get a feeling that some of the other posters here may be getting back stage passes to say good things about the show. ^

If that was directed at me, I'm part of the crew - I think I'm entitled to speak positively about it.

-m

I have a suggestion for your high-speed camera, though, since it isn't a drop, it might not fit in with your story arc.

Find an original Tempest arcade cabinet, and record at about 1000fps the game's screen operating normally. In short, I want to see the electron beam darting around the display. It may be tricky to get the exposure right, but I'm confident you can pull it off :-).

Is this a joke? What the hell is this? This is pointless. Destruction is fun to watch but this hardly qualifies. If you're going to destroy something, do it properly. I'm not going to watch this kind of lame shit.

Joe: So, did you see it last night?

Dave: No, I missed it, what happened?

Joe: There was this pizza that fell down and there was pepperoni all over the place!

Mike: Hey, are you guys talking about Daily Drop?

Joe: ... what?

it was ok...they need to drop more things that break

ImprovizoR:
Well that was a waste. This is a perfect way to honor the starving children and homeless people. Throw food away for or amusement.[sarcasm] So I'm just gonna say fuck you. This show sucks.

You are aware of the charity work that the LRR crew (who made this video) actually do?

Desert Bus for Hope?

http://desertbus.org/

This helps collect money for the charity Child's Play that buys toys and games for children's hospitals.

http://desertbus.org/about-childsplay/

I think your comment was extremely unfair and in extremely poor taste.

Matt_LRR:

2fish:

Matt_LRR:

-m

If that was directed at me, I'm part of the crew - I think I'm entitled to speak positively about it.

-m

Another attempt to get backstage passes thwarted. Matt do you really have to serve the forces of good and logic?

Just be sure not to drop a microwave that is on and microwaiving a cd. The world cannot handle that level of awsome.

Ekonk:
I need to download me this tune. Make it available PL00XXXX. Ahem, please.

You can find this one, and more, on our music page: http://www.escapistmagazine.com/content/music

ImprovizoR:
Well that was a waste. This is a perfect way to honor the starving children and homeless people. Throw food away for or amusement.[sarcasm] So I'm just gonna say fuck you. This show sucks.

andreas3K:
Is this a joke? What the hell is this? This is pointless. Destruction is fun to watch but this hardly qualifies. If you're going to destroy something, do it properly. I'm not going to watch this kind of lame shit.

I get that you don't like it, and that's fine, but I'm curious about what you think you're going to achieve by swearing and just generally being jerks?

Nooooo, my college food budget is CRYING for you, pizza! ;;_;;

Heeey....
If that's a pizza then what the hell have i been eating all my life?
Pancakes with meat and cheese and other stuff on them? I don't think so!
Anyways, i didn't find the pizza very tempting so i didn't have a problem with it falling down.
Also: i hope that Cube falls epically.

As the dough slammed into the unforgiving earth showers of pepperoni and cheese took flight, dancing and twirling with gravity as if some divine play being acted in front of our very lives. When the last slice of the flying meat floated magnificently to the ground a single tear formed on the scientists face and at that moment the world was calm.

The pizza had been dropped.

Waste of a perfectly good pizza. D:

Also, not as good as the first one, and I'm not betting on the rubix cube either. Unless you tampered its internal composition, I'm betting it will hold up quite nicely.

It's like a pepperoni wave!

Uncooked was definitely the way to go.

This show is a great idea. Its like time warp without all the adverts and talking about nothing.

I enjoy this series.

That said, I can't help but feel as though Graham is now thinking to himself - on a daily basis - "It's amazing what people will watch these days."

Next time throw a person.
seriously it will be awsome.

Wintermute_:
Not to hate on the dudes from LoadingReadyRun, whom I idolize like a fanboy does mario, but... this isn't what I would expect from them. I mean, its sorta interesting to watch, and because they made it, I'll have to watch it, but its not exactly THAT entertaining.

I'd rather see some more Commodore Hustle, plz :D

...dude, it's a daily clip. It pretty much requires something quick, easy, and impossible to screw up.

I'm not saying I'm particularly impressed with it relative to their other productions, but there's pretty much no way they could produce anything with more substance in 24 hours when (to my knowledge, at least) only one of them is able to do LRR as a full-time job.

Very nice. Gonna love this show. Hopefully badges come out for this show.

Susan Arendt:

Onyx Oblivion:
Still not getting it...

I guess it's because I'm one of those people who watchs Mythbusters for reasons other than the fact that shit blows up.

You've made it pretty clear you don't enjoy this. So don't watch it. That simple, really. We have plenty of other content for you to enjoy.

Here's a reason to like it, the music is SO GROOVEY!!!!

Logic Sword:

Badger Kyre:
Screw the 5 second rule.

Does the five second rule still apply if it's in slow motion?

And there's something almost hypnotic about these videos...

5 second, me and my freinds always use 10 seconds!
Am I going to die now?

Don Reba:

bassdrum:

Matt_LRR:

bassdrum:
Once again, this was a quite lovely dose of random amusement for my day... but you really should have left the pizza frozen. Shattering it would have been even more amusing in my opinion (maybe this is something you can revisit?).

This series is definitely going to be very, very good for stress relief. Having the chance to watch stuff blow up in slow motion every day will be glorious.

Frozen pizza doesn't shatter.

-m

It does if you dip it in liquid nitrogen (and I'm sure that if you guys have the budget to run a base on the moon, you clearly have the budget for that).

I would bet that even pizza frozen in liquid nitrogen will not shatter.

Frozen garlic bread does shatter.

a wierd idea for a show

Pages PREV 1 2 3 4 5 6 NEXT

Reply to Thread

Have an account? Login below:
With Facebook:Login With Facebook
or
Username:  
Password:  

Not registered? To sign up for an account with The Escapist:
Register With Facebook
Register With Facebook