Daily Drop: Pizza

Pages PREV 1 2 3 4 5 6 NEXT

Susan Arendt:

Onyx Oblivion:
Still not getting it...

I guess it's because I'm one of those people who watchs Mythbusters for reasons other than the fact that shit blows up.

You've made it pretty clear you don't enjoy this. So don't watch it. That simple, really. We have plenty of other content for you to enjoy.

Hope you don't mind me making a few suggestions, I just don't see this living up to it's potential at the moment. This is just friendly feedback!

Firstly I think having an ad play at the beginning that's potentially longer than the actual video is a bit much. And the intro seems a bit fluffed out.

I think instead you should go for more of a "flicking through" appeal. There's not much content in each video so it's better to make it easier to quickly watch one of the items drop, then flick to the next.
Fluffing it out more would just leave some people thinking "was it worth the wait", and with some items it'll end up a little anti-climatic.

Secondly the music is a little too energetic considering we're watching something in slow motion! I actually think it'd be a lot better if the music faded out after the smashing "daily drop" logo, and then we could have audio of the item being smashed.

If there's a problem with capturing audio in slow motion maybe just quiet it down a little bit or something, it'd be worth playing about with other possibilities a little! :3

Man Escapist, is there anything these guys pitch that you won't just green light?

What is the point of this? Really. I just wanna know. Why make this, what purpose does it serve? Is it supposed to be entertaining? Comedic? Thrilling?

There is no point to this. It seems to serve no purpose. It is a complete waste of time. What the hell is with the Escapist's new videos at the moment? Can you guys think of nothing else? I don't like Doraleous or Game Dogs etc, but I can at least see the reason why they were made.

Please tell me, why did you make this?

Most useless series here yet.

Seriously you owe me 1:31 of my life back.

That pizza still looked good even while dropping. That being said, I do feel the "what's the point?" sentiment. I think there needs to be more than just dropping crap. How about multiple drops. Like a regular drop, and then what it looks like when you hurl something down, or slam it, or even smash it. You have a high speed camera, why limit it to only capture one (debatably unenergetic) instance of impact? It really does feel like the time is being padded by dragging out this one particular drop, so why not squeeze in 2 or 3 alternative drops?

UtopiaV1:
What is the point of this? Really. I just wanna know. Why make this, what purpose does it serve? Is it supposed to be entertaining? Comedic? Thrilling?

There is no point to this. It seems to serve no purpose. It is a complete waste of time. What the hell is with the Escapist's new videos at the moment? Can you guys think of nothing else? I don't like Doraleous or Game Dogs etc, but I can at least see the reason why they were made.

Please tell me, why did you make this?

Entertainment. just because you have an opinion does not mean everyone else must share it.

Damn that looked tasty

If I could make some constructive criticism (that may have been made before, I'm to lazy to read all the other posts), if you're going to make this a daily little short thing you may want to shorten up the "pre-show". Show the title for a few seconds,show the thing for a few seconds and say what it is, then have 30-45 seconds dedicated to the drop and slow-mo. It'd only be around 45 seconds, but for what it is and being daily I think that's good enough.

That being said I find it entertaining. If you don't that's fine but I am bewildered by some of the hate this is getting. From some of the comments here you'd think Daily Drop had come over to these peoples houses, spit in there face, and killed there dog.

Eric the Orange:
That being said I find it entertaining. If you don't that's fine but I am bewildered by some of the hate this is getting. From some of the comments here you'd think Daily Drop had come over to these peoples houses, spit in there face, and killed there dog.

I could't agree more. These videos are free, and you choose whether or not you want to watch them. If it's not your thing, leave it to the people who appreciate it. As for it not having a point, except for perhaps Extra Creditz, none of the videos on this site have points. They're for entertainment. If it doesn't entertain you, then piss back off to your zero punctuation thread trolling. I swear, the people on this site sound more like stereotypical YouTubers every day.

I wanted more shattering but I liked the rewinding in the begining. It looks cool to see the pizza destroyed then rewinded and it's a normal pizza and then it's destroyed again. I want to see that in every episode if possible. :D Keep up the good work guys.

paulgruberman:

Ekonk:
I need to download me this tune. Make it available PL00XXXX. Ahem, please.

You can find this one, and more, on our music page: http://www.escapistmagazine.com/content/music

THANK YOU SIR!!!!! :D!!

THE MUSIC! ITS SO GROOVEY~~~

It took less than a second and yet seeing it in slow mo makes it so freaking awesome.

Onyx Oblivion:
Still not getting it...

I guess it's because I'm one of those people who watchs Mythbusters for reasons other than the fact that shit blows up.

It's simply meant to look cool. If you don't think it looks cool then *shrug* it's not for you.

LRR isn't above doing pointless awesome things just for the hell of it.

Why are these so cool? Why did I watch it twice? Why do I want to watch it a third time?

Man, even though ZP has the most traffic on the site, LRR and associates has dominance over the escapist =S
<feeling somewhat proud as a canadian =P>

The particle effects and physics engine this series uses is amazing.

You guys should do a rewind at the end, like 'unbroke' it.

when that pizza dropped in slow motion it looked really trippy

SCIENCE!

trying dropping an exploding pop things that would be AWESOME cause the explosions...

are awesome

Awesome! I'm loving the music too!

Matt_LRR:

bassdrum:
Once again, this was a quite lovely dose of random amusement for my day... but you really should have left the pizza frozen. Shattering it would have been even more amusing in my opinion (maybe this is something you can revisit?).

This series is definitely going to be very, very good for stress relief. Having the chance to watch stuff blow up in slow motion every day will be glorious.

Frozen pizza doesn't shatter.

-m

Correct, liquid nitrogen pizza shatters. Mmmm, liquid nitrogen cheese...

Advertising time : drop time ratio seems a little.. bad. Maybe you could drop the "Snap into a Slim Jim" guy from a much higher ladder to make up for it.

Still, I like watching things drop. You should drop a furby. Or a kidney. Or some sand. Or a cat.

...Maybe my sense of time is screwed but...daily? *taps watch*

Waste of a perfectly delicious looking pizza but I must say seeing physics in action like that is just...scrumptious. This series has potential.

ImprovizoR:
Well that was a waste. This is a perfect way to honor the starving children and homeless people. Throw food away for or amusement.[sarcasm] So I'm just gonna say fuck you. This show sucks.

QQ moar

OT: Pizza wasn't that impressive. But is is daily, so I can't complain.

This series reminds of Braniac little experiments, like how they blow up a different caravan every week.

But it tickles me in the same kind of way watching a building fall down does. Wanton destruction in slow-motion; entropy in its purest form. I loves it.

bassdrum:
Once again, this was a quite lovely dose of random amusement for my day... but you really should have left the pizza frozen. Shattering it would have been even more amusing in my opinion (maybe this is something you can revisit?).

This series is definitely going to be very, very good for stress relief. Having the chance to watch stuff blow up in slow motion every day will be glorious.

Requests are pointless, since all the filming is done and they no longer have the camera.

That said, I was less than impressed with today's drop. Interesting, but I'm hoping for better in the future.

Dexiro:
Secondly the music is a little too energetic considering we're watching something in slow motion! I actually think it'd be a lot better if the music faded out after the smashing "daily drop" logo, and then we could have audio of the item being smashed.

If there's a problem with capturing audio in slow motion maybe just quiet it down a little bit or something, it'd be worth playing about with other possibilities a little! :3

I like the music, personally. It keeps you engaged.

The filming is done and the camera is gone, so if they didn't capture audio while they did it, you're not getting any in any future presentations.

I like the music, but when I went looking for it I was having trouble finding it, even with the credits. Shouldn't that be 'Younnat', rather than 'Younatt'? Might want to fix the credits in future episodes.

I love watching things break and fall in slow motion as much as anyone, but I can see this music becoming veeery grating.

Holy Crap! I never know people only watched mythbusters to see things blow up. That would be like eating a pound of icing and saying its a cake. IT'S A LIE!!! you need some sort of build up to the explosion or crash or else it kinda falls flat. Much like the pizza did.

SomeBritishDude:
...Maybe my sense of time is screwed but...daily? *taps watch*

They said that it will be on weekdays only. *wonders where the Monday Drop is*

Love this idea, but I'm not going to watch 30 seconds of shitty Slim Jim commercial for about as long in content.

You guys have the stupidest ideas, i swear.

I guess a cooked pizza wouldn't've been showy enough

Pages PREV 1 2 3 4 5 6 NEXT

Reply to Thread

Have an account? Login below:
With Facebook:Login With Facebook
or
Username:  
Password:  

Not registered? To sign up for an account with The Escapist:
Register With Facebook
Register With Facebook
or