Game Dogs: The Hand of Fate

Pages PREV 1 . . . 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 . . . 18 NEXT

I <3 Bob

Wasn't bethany behind by 12,000 votes on who to kill in the hand of fate? How does that work? Also the series, after killing off two of its six six remaining established characters, will probably go down hill from here, at least for a bit. And they killed off the two of the main three I actually liked. Chet's kind of a dou... unlikeable character sometimes. Better keep the Russian Mafia or they'll have almost nothing left.

This is the first episode of Game Dogs I've ever watched. Honestly, I only watched it because of the bitching and moaning that was done on the last 10 pages by all the Nervous Nancys who apparently can't handle juxtaposition.

Without having any back-story to go on, emotional attachment (either way) to any character, or basic idea of an overarching plot, I laughed my ass off.

The ending, from my Game Dogs-virgin perspective, was a bit lame, but the main attraction was wonderful. Throwing in that blatant American Psycho bit was perfect.

As a person who never had any interest in this series and, frankly, still doesn't, I've gotta tip my hat to you guys for providing an entertaining four minutes.

Actually I also found it dark to, but I don't mind, Beth is boring and just plane annoying but I will miss Roger.
I'm glad Chet ain't dead, he's my favorite character, I think he's like the only character that add humor to the show.

RIP Beth and Roger.

PS. Please don't kill Chet :D

OOOOKKKKAAAYYY. I definitely thought that this was a larger joke, but I don't think they could have killed off Chet because he is "true" main character. Beth was a lesser main, but I think she still should have lived. Roger had most annoying voice and didn't do much to advance plot.
RIP- Beth and Roger

My assumption is that Bethany was never really hit by a car, it's just one of Bob's delusions due to him 'forgetting his med's.'

Lets consider this, the law book said 'EXMACHINA law book' on it which greatly implies Bethany is completely all right, though I can't say the same thing for Roger.

shiroishiryo:
I've never liked this series from the start, as the characters were flat and poorly defined, the plot schizophrenic, and its unique quirks annoying, but I left it alone. Why? Because if that is how you, the sight owners wish to waste your bandwidth and drive away potential members of the site, that is entirely your business, as well as your loss. However, I felt compelled to post because this is getting plain pathetic - and yes, I have watched every episode of this show, despite not liking it. Some people posting here have said this episode contains "dark humor" but I feel that couldn't be farther from the mark. True, this shouldn't be handed to 13 year olds, but if they really want to see drivel like that, they don't have to rely upon a website as small as the escapist for it. No, this episode exemplifies your childishness, Russ, or whoever is responsible for this idea. This is a dying, nay, dead show kept animate through sheer will alone, a pet project if I have ever seen one, and it appears the end for it is approaching because the ruses to try and draw attention to it are getting more and more frantic, like a small child throwing a tantrum and kicking the dog before finally being forced to give up and go to bed.

I myself am not a fan of trolls, nor trolling, nor do I condone it, but from years of watching it in action, I can boil it down to a basic formula. Those out there who are considered asshats are among those who get flamed and their ends are identical and inevitable. They keep along their paths, their antics escalating as their ever-shrinking groups of die-hard defenders protect them, until at last they burn out and crash because of it. And so it is with your show, and if you read this, I am here to tell you that antics such as this episode (and the almost inevitable ret-con that will rob whatever meager value and sincerity this episode had) are not impressing anyone, and you're not winning ANYONE over. In fact, with each passing episode you hurt your reputation further. The people of this site are not vengeful and stupid; they have not been calling for the end of this series since its inauguration because they hate you or wish to see you fail, but rather because they don't want to see the site fail because of a bad apple. And make no mistake, that is what this series is. So with each episode you pump out, it is not a triumph, as you might see it, to show all the 'non-believers' that their words can't reach you. I'll say it once more: you are hurting YOURSELF and YOUR site. I think its time that you admit enough is enough and put this series out of its misery.

what? how is rebecca mays NOT a bad apple? if anything we should remove HER since her music is nothing but white noise anyway. the escapist should do itself and our ears a favor, and axe rebecca's "music".

So, I watched this episode, then looked at the comments... and realized this is just like the GoodOldGames stunt.
They're getting people to talk about it, and they're also being ah*les, but it's working. Very, very well.

Pyrokinesis1019:
So, I watched this episode, then looked at the comments... and realized this is just like the GoodOldGames stunt.
They're getting people to talk about it, and they're also being ah*les, but it's working. Very, very well.

...did you just censor the word "aholes"?

OT:I believe (as has already been stated) that Beth dying happens in the future or simply didn't happen.

Hey, I've got a really obvious pun here! And another description of this episode here! And a video that will make you forget what you just watched here! And a big

What The Hell, Guys?

above this text! Aren't you happier now!?

I bet..that this will all turn out to be some kind of prank or dream sequence honestly.

First of all, I doubt Beth was actually killed. I haven't been tracking this show and only watched this episode to see what the commotion was. From what I see here Beth was either dead last or just really far behind on winning the big kill. Either way I could see having her killed for the entire episode just be a joke, with the actual kill being that little bit at the end. She was in pretty bad shape after getting hit, but apparently survived, so she'll probably be alive and bandaged up in the next episode.

Secondly, I see a lot of people complaining about why The Escapist would put a show like this on their site. No, I don't watch it. I saw the first 2 or 3 episodes, decided I didn't like it, and stopped watching it. Do you know why The Escapist doesn't just pull it? Because you guys keep watching. If you don't like the show, stop watching it and if there are few enough people watching it it'll be pulled. Plain enough. I'm not going to say it SHOULD be pulled, as I very well may be the odd one out in not liking the show. But I'm not going to add myself to the number of views it gets every week in hopes that it gets taken down and replaced with something I like.

And honestly I don't see why so many people are trying to discourage The Escapist from putting up shows that people may not like. If they stopped doing that they'd turn into all those other garbage stations on TV recycling the same junk season after season. I'd rather have The Escapist take a chance and have it fall through.

Wolfy2449:

Turtlecatpurrz:
Erk.. I wanted Chet to go, not Roger, and certainly not Bethany.

Disappointing.

Chet is awesome he cant die!If he does then some ppl are gonna die in real life xD
i didnt want roger to die either but anyway, expendable
And rly who cares about benathy, just a random girl in gaming

Chet it's up to you, can't wait to see what's they bring next.

Seriously, they fired Robert Morgan for THIS? Bring back UR, this season has sank this show into a Shyamalan-worthy pile of tasteless animation (it even had the nonsensical, unnecessary twist at the end!)
Please give us back the actual game dogs show or leave. You have disrespected the entire Escapist community by being paid to shove this down our throats.

Absolutely not funny, after season 1 gamedogs wasn't funny anymore and nouw you kill the 2 persons that are at least a little bit funny. IDIOTS!!!

Tenkage:
Waot...so no more Game Dogs? I mean two main characters are dead now

ALRIGHT!

I believe, they should think a little before they make new episodes and try a new style of animation.

But it's really up to them, I will support either way If the show is still get some approvement.

I just hope Chet don't die, I believe Chet really do deserve to be the main character. Now take this step and create a funny storyline for him. Make him have a love interest or learn lessons.
Just take this new beginning slow and develop on it. I really believe if you guys can make something of this show :)

Just a little tip :)

So.

I was going to discuss how utterly repulsive that was, but I believe that the ten pages of relatively uniform outrage (that I should note has laid unanswered by staff) explains it fairly well.

Between this, and the slapped-together mess that was the Sonic Adventure review (though you actually had the decency to apologize for that), I've officially lost hope for this site.

I never signed up for the paid content on the site, but with material like this, I really, really have to wonder who would.

Moviebob and Yahtzee are the only reason I'm ever coming back here, and even then I'm still considering having nothing to do with this site now. You've definitely lost a member, that's for sure.

GaelicValley91:
Wait they where in the car for THREE hours! How far must they be from the work, yet live close enough to Beth to then run her over and continue to drive for three hours and not reach work?
Then again they probably started driving in the opposite direction to the work once they hit Beth.... I think I'm over thinking this....

The title of the episode was "Road Trip" so I don't think they were going to work.

Absolutely the most hilarious episode to date, in my humble opinion.

snowfox:

GaelicValley91:
Wait they where in the car for THREE hours! How far must they be from the work, yet live close enough to Beth to then run her over and continue to drive for three hours and not reach work?
Then again they probably started driving in the opposite direction to the work once they hit Beth.... I think I'm over thinking this....

The title of the episode was "Road Trip" so I don't think they were going to work.

Doesn't that mean if he killed her with the car, that the law stated out would be false due to them not driving to work? Which in turn would mean what they were doing was illegal.

Holy Shit, Roger too? And Why Beth?
Well, now were at least stuck with Chet and Bob and all the others. That's a good thing.

... I may be a little bias, seeing as how I have an affinity for the murder of innocent characters. But this was my favorite Game Dogs episode. Grated I'll miss Beth, and I see the show only getting worse without her, but still, at least it made for a good episode... Sorry Russ, but I think you should put this puppy down. You may have restarted it's heart for a quick second with this episode, but I foresee the affects of this action doing more harm than good.

Aw man, I was really hoping Chet would have been the one to hit the bucket. The other two were my favorites and look what happened.

I have just noticed something, on the back of the dogs shirt when he is beating beth, he has the words "Goodbye, _____, Amen." on the back of his shirt. Maybe one of those 4 mysterious clues?

I thought that was awesome, it is cool that they took dark to the max. I also didn't like Bethany, she said sigh, it bothers me.
Needless violence and gore is the best violence and gore.
(If they end the show this way I could be okay with that)

I did give Game Dogs a chance, I thought it was maybe still going somewhere. The second season started out pretty well and I enjoyed some of the episodes... but this one really crossed the line.
If you want to end the series, just do so. No need to go all Gainax on us by torturing your characters.

So... is this death canon?

Martin Clarke:

Erana:
That crossed the line waaaaay to far.
I've been trying to support this for the sake of the 'Scapist, and it did have its moments (Namely Swords R Us) but this is... was just downright sick. Its one thing to have excessive gore (which itself is unappealing to me) but its another thing entirely to beat and mutilate an innocent character, especially after so much time is spent characterizing them and trying to make the audience empathize with them.
Its downright sadism, and it has no place in comedy. It rarely even has a place in media as a whole!
OK, so the movie Dogville could do it right, but Game Dogs? No. Just No.

This.

Worst video ever to darken The Escapist, not amusing in the slightest. The sole source of amusement to be derived from that utter drivel would be that of controversy "omg they didn't do that?!"; cheap, stupid and lazy humour. Video's of this sort have no place on The Escapist's line-up and I doubt I am the only one who thinks so.

This video surely amused the hell out of me. I've always been of the opinion that the best comedy is Schadenfreude.

Why so serious?

Wolfinton:

snowfox:

GaelicValley91:

Doesn't that mean if he killed her with the car, that the law stated out would be false due to them not driving to work? Which in turn would mean what they were doing was illegal.

Oh man! They're in deep trouble then! Although she was still alive after they ran her over so that changed everything... Ugh this is a logical mess!

George Palmer:
interesting.... people havent seemed to found the 4 clues yet.

edit: my bad. One of them has been found.

What clues!? Clues to what?! Medicine? Furwork Orange or Clockwork furry or whatever it was?

David Carradine? Afro?!?!!!

You make no sense good sir!

I love this video and to the posters who keep trying to make feel bad for liking it I just want to let you know that I understand your position but I still love this video. It is in my opinion the funniest video in the series to date and I want this series to continue.

Wolfinton:
I have just noticed something, on the back of the dogs shirt when he is beating beth, he has the words "Goodbye, _____, Amen." on the back of his shirt. Maybe one of those 4 mysterious clues?

His shirt says "Goodbye, Farewell, Amen."

I think it's a play on the death, but then again that's the first time I've seen it.

I noticed the book his brother was reading was called "Exmachina law book by A. Macris"

I looked it up and got Deus ex machina which stood for a plot device whereby a seemingly inextricable problem is suddenly and abruptly solved with the contrived and unexpected intervention of some new character, ability, or object.

I wonder if that was one of the big clues. That and in the beginning of the episode they drive by something which happens to be the only object they pass throughout the entire episode.

I also noticed I started each sentence with the word I in this post... If I were back in high school my teacher would soil her britches...

edit:

Decided to wiki Macris, came up with this

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Macris

Yay for looking way too far into things XD!

[Scratches head]

I was expecting only one death and I now have seen two. This (for obvious reasons) confused me as it could mean one of two things: That is either Beth lives or Roger is saved by chet or maybe by one of the Russians.

Which is it? TELL ME!!!!!!

Crabby_the_Frog:
1. Roger had 16 thousand votes, at the time where they hid the results of the game's poll. Beth had only 7k.
2. Beth was my favorite character.
3. I am disappoint.

This.

Also: I wish Gary would've kicked it. Damn I hate that mutt :P

shiroishiryo:
I've never liked this series from the start, as the characters were flat and poorly defined, the plot schizophrenic, and its unique quirks annoying, but I left it alone. Why? Because if that is how you, the sight owners wish to waste your bandwidth and drive away potential members of the site, that is entirely your business, as well as your loss. However, I felt compelled to post because this is getting plain pathetic - and yes, I have watched every episode of this show, despite not liking it. Some people posting here have said this episode contains "dark humor" but I feel that couldn't be farther from the mark. True, this shouldn't be handed to 13 year olds, but if they really want to see drivel like that, they don't have to rely upon a website as small as the escapist for it. No, this episode exemplifies your childishness, Russ, or whoever is responsible for this idea. This is a dying, nay, dead show kept animate through sheer will alone, a pet project if I have ever seen one, and it appears the end for it is approaching because the ruses to try and draw attention to it are getting more and more frantic, like a small child throwing a tantrum and kicking the dog before finally being forced to give up and go to bed.

I myself am not a fan of trolls, nor trolling, nor do I condone it, but from years of watching it in action, I can boil it down to a basic formula. Those out there who are considered asshats are among those who get flamed and their ends are identical and inevitable. They keep along their paths, their antics escalating as their ever-shrinking groups of die-hard defenders protect them, until at last they burn out and crash because of it. And so it is with your show, and if you read this, I am here to tell you that antics such as this episode (and the almost inevitable ret-con that will rob whatever meager value and sincerity this episode had) are not impressing anyone, and you're not winning ANYONE over. In fact, with each passing episode you hurt your reputation further. The people of this site are not vengeful and stupid; they have not been calling for the end of this series since its inauguration because they hate you or wish to see you fail, but rather because they don't want to see the site fail because of a bad apple. And make no mistake, that is what this series is. So with each episode you pump out, it is not a triumph, as you might see it, to show all the 'non-believers' that their words can't reach you. I'll say it once more: you are hurting YOURSELF and YOUR site. I think its time that you admit enough is enough and put this series out of its misery.

I read your wall of text and one piece of information stood out in particular. You watched every episode of the series despite hating it and I bet you left a comment about how bad it was every time. You sir, are a troll. An intelligent one, but a troll nonetheless. I like this show and therefore watch it. You obviously hate this show and watch it only to post your displeasure about it. That makes you a TROLL. What forces push you to do this because I don't understand your position. You watch every week therefore supporting the show and then leave a post about how it should be canceled. It is like sleeping with someone you have no attraction to then beat the shit out them for being ugly. Do yourself...NO, do the both of us a favor and STOP WATCHING. You want this show to disappear stop watching and ignore it. If it doesn't disappear, ignore it and accept the fact that some people here actually like this series. I don't force myself through I hit it with my axe every week. I watched half of the first episode and never clicked on it ever again. Get the point!

Pages PREV 1 . . . 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 . . . 18 NEXT

Reply to Thread

Have an account? Login below:
With Facebook:Login With Facebook
or
Username:  
Password:  

Not registered? To sign up for an account with The Escapist:
Register With Facebook
Register With Facebook
or
Register for a free account here