Game Dogs: The Hand of Fate

Pages PREV 1 . . . 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 . . . 18 NEXT

Littlee300:

By any chance do you have a untreated anti-social disorder?
(I jest I jest)

Same way the people who enjoy Tales from the Crypt revel in torturing small furry animals.

(I jest, they enjoy torturing all sorts of animals)

I don't really understand why the negative reaction. Nobody here would as much as cringe when seeing this in 24 or any action flick. There's some nice contrast - combining storyline and visual elements from 2 pretty opposite genres. And Bethany and Roger being the least likely character to die, as per, say, http://tvtropes.org/pmwiki/pmwiki.php/Main/SortingAlgorithmOfMortality, I find putting them down a very "Ha, take that!" kind of thing.

Best episode yet.

Jeronus:

I read your wall of text and one piece of information stood out in particular. You watched every episode of the series despite hating it and I bet you left a comment about how bad it was every time. You sir, are a troll. An intelligent one, but a troll nonetheless. I like this show and therefore watch it. You obviously hate this show and watch it only to post your displeasure about it. That makes you a TROLL. What forces push you to do this because I don't understand your position. You watch every week therefore supporting the show and then leave a post about how it should be canceled. It is like sleeping with someone you have no attraction to then beat the shit out them for being ugly. Do yourself...NO, do the both of us a favor and STOP WATCHING. You want this show to disappear stop watching and ignore it. If it doesn't disappear, ignore it and accept the fact that some people here actually like this series. I don't force myself through I hit it with my axe every week. I watched half of the first episode and never clicked on it ever again. Get the point!

If you did two seconds worth of research, in fact if you looked to the side of the page for one second, you would see that my grand total post count (before this reply) was 2. 2 posts, that's it. You can even go to my page and click on the link to the other post and see that it's about D+A. I think I'm entitled to state my opinion once, and that sir is what I did. Thank you for reading, and don't waste your time with a reply.

Oh, come on... Why all the hate? There are loads of ways the series can go on from here... The group released a game called Satan's Retriever's and now they are all dying? Sounds like a one way ticket to Hell to test their own idea to me...

It wasn't particularly shocking, but it seems completely unnecessary and distasteful to kill off two of your main characters so early in the series. It just show that this series is on its last legs. I never cared about this series, but if I was a fan I'd feel betrayed. They killed off some of your favorite characters to just to attract attention.

I'm disappointed in you, Escapist.
Assuming this is canonical.

link1329:
Seriously, they fired Robert Morgan for THIS?

Robert Moran*

And they didn't fire him. He simply decided not to work with the Escapist any more. He still makes UR episodes and he has started on a new series which you can find on his site.

He also hosts his own Podcast with two of his friends which I find pretty dang hilarious.

Boy... just when I thought this Show couldn't get Worse O.o
Can I have those four minutes of my Life back Please?

I mean Seriously! How is killing-off your Characters suppose to Improve in any way?
And what Motive does Roger have to hang himself anyway!?
Chet I would have understood what with the whole thing of Roger stealing his girlfriend and all.

Neferius:

I mean Seriously! How is killing-off your Characters suppose to Improve in any way?

The senseless slaughter of characters worked for happy tree friends, why not this?

Anyway, this was hilarious. Running over someone with your car is always the perfect time to pull out the black's law dictionary expy and try to figure out whether you committed a crime.

Da_Vane:
Oh, come on... Why all the hate? There are loads of ways the series can go on from here... The group released a game called Satan's Retriever's and now they are all dying? Sounds like a one way ticket to Hell to test their own idea to me...

That might be pretty cool, if it happens...AND IT BETTER!

Da_Vane:

Hm...I kinda of like where this idea is going, actually. I think so, anyways. Not a fan of all the killing, but if starts to go down this road, I might be a little okay with it.

DarthRavanger:

The senseless slaughter of characters worked for happy tree friends, why not this?

Anyway, this was hilarious. Running over someone with your car is always the perfect time to pull out the black's law dictionary expy and try to figure out whether you committed a crime.

Hey, If they inexplicably come back to life in the next Episode just like in HappyTreeFriends, then I'm a happy camper (no pun intended)

And just for the record, the thing that made HTF a hit was the awesome combination of sweet cutesy Characters and senseless Violence.
Sadly though, GameDogs is missing the first Ingredient making this episode just a poorly-animated attempt at 'dark-humour' ...but somehow it still manages to remain bland and tasteless in true GDs fashion.
Plus, in HTF all the gore scenes had some sort of comic-relief about them -like when Mole runs someone over with his car ...how can he drive when he's BLIND!?

All-in-all GameDogs can't rip-off on HappyTreeFriends simply because it already created emotional bonds for their Characters, which means a lot of fans will get Angry as you can plainly see.
That, and all the Game Dogs can Speak :P

Oh shit, people don't like our show! It must be the characters fault! Kill 'em off! Whew, now we can get back to writing our quality show. Thank god we avoided that disaster.

I haven't watched the video more than once, but I have followed the comments thread. The pattern began to interest me, so I plugged the numbers into Excel to see how it broke down.

I counted comments up to the end of page 5: 146 in all. I tried to ignore double posts and replies, but I'm sure something crept through. This isn't hardcore data analysis after all; just me satisfying curiosity.

I broke the comments down into: In Favor of/Liked the Episode's Content, Against the Episode's Content, Don't Know. I should point out that Don't Know also included results for which I couldn't tell whether the poster was in favor or against; things like 'that was dark,' for example. Of those Against, I created a subset for those who also said that the episode made them reconsider their membership of the Escapist, made them want to quit Game Dogs, or both. I didn't count fractional results.

I originally intended to count to page 10 but reading all that just hurt my head.

50% were Against.
19% were In Favor.
30% were I Don't Know.

Of those who were Against, 13% of that subtotal said they were reconsidering membership of the Escapist, quitting Game Dogs, or both.

edit: adjusted to account for a mathematical error. Stupid of me.

Karloff:
I haven't watched the video more than once, but I have followed the comments thread. The pattern began to interest me, so I plugged the numbers into Excel to see how it broke down.

I counted comments up to the end of page 5: 156 in all. I tried to ignore double posts and replies, but I'm sure something crept through. This isn't hardcore data analysis after all; just me satisfying curiosity.

I broke the comments down into: In Favor of/Liked the Episode's Content, Against the Episode's Content, Don't Know. I should point out that Don't Know also included results for which I couldn't tell whether the poster was in favor or against; things like 'that was dark,' for example. Of those Against, I created a subset for those who also said that the episode made them reconsider their membership of the Escapist, made them want to quit Game Dogs, or both. I didn't count fractional results.

I originally intended to count to page 10 but reading all that just hurt my head.

46% were Against.
17% were In Favor.
28% were I Don't Know.

Of those who were Against, 13% of that subtotal said they were reconsidering membership of the Escapist, quitting Game Dogs, or both.

Pretty interesting numbers you have there, I actually got a laugh out of the "I'm quitting the Escapist" comments myself. Reminds me of all the times people bitched about a game. "I'm never gonna play this game or this series or buy games from this company ever again!"

Then the next day you see them online playing the game they quit yesterday.

Just something that immediately popped into my head. The immediate reaction to this episode is just about as fun as the episode itself.

The way they handled the death in this episode reminded me of that whole deal when they killed Chef off in Southpark. It was done with a severe disturbing manner that kind of matches this one, and I feel it had the same impact on the viewers who reacted in the same manner as this.

I do find it amusing however, people were screaming for the deaths of these characters since the show first came out, and they finally decide to kill one or 2 of them (cannon or not) and they complain about that as well. 0.o;

Edit: If anything I wonder what the reaction of the actor and actress of these characters was like when they saw this. I personally would feel bad to have a character I gave life to die in such a manner. Then again they knew some one had to go.

And now the only dog I hated is still alive. I was hoping that they could have reconstructed Beth into a super-doggy cyborg with an eye that keeps popping out.

snowfox:
The way they handled the death in this episode reminded me of that whole deal when they killed Chef off in Southpark. It was done with a severe disturbing manner that kind of matches this one, and I feel it had the same impact on the viewers who reacted in the same manner as this.

I think the difference is, there was a reason for Chef's demise that most (though probably not all) of the viewers would have known about when they watched the episode. That doesn't really apply here, which may be why some of the negative reaction was so visceral.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/The_Return_of_Chef

Personally I think the creators badly mishandled this episode, but then I'm not a huge fan of the series.

i i thought it was real funny i mean the part were he jumps in back and beats on her was a bit much bit the of it funny as the law book was the best i liked this one more than that knives are us

WoW, this was gay on so many levels.
I really don't know what kind of person do you need to be to kill the token girl.

I think it should've been chet being run over.

hmmm...i thought Chet was the one to die and Beth was the one to live, well you live and learn.

Wait a minute, that means were left with Chet. NOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO!!!

Also, Bethany's "noise" by the end of the episode was her death rattle.

I won't deny that I disliked that character so much, I actually chuckled when I heard it. And reran it a couple of times, which kind of makes me wonder if this voice is really Bethany's VA?

What recently occurred to me is that Roger's death was underexposed. Killing major story characters is always a big and risky investment, so Roger's death should, in my opinion, have it's separate episode.

I certainly hope this isn't a silly publicity stunt. I find this unpredictable, against-the-rules kind of writing to be a welcome and refreshing change from the banal and unfunny sitcom formula gamedogs had previously.

Stevepinto3:
Now, to put this in perspective two of my favorite shows are Metalocalypse and Aqua Teen Hunger Force, two shows that, by many accounts, fall on the side of tasteless and senseless. Yet even I think this episode was stupid. Note that I said stupid, not OMG HOW COULD YOU BE THAT OFFENSIVE.

This series pretty much built itself up like some light-toned american sitcom and then does this. It's like if there were an episode of friends where one of the guys rapes and murders Jennifer Aniston's character, then they try to make the usual lame jokes about it. Actually I take that back, because that would probably be fucking awesome and the best episode of Friends ever.

Wouldn't that be awsome?
They should hire you as a writer!

I'm not a fan of the show but I enjoyed watching the first season.
Now two of the three main characters are dead and the only one left is the one I like the least.
It seems that instead of further developing what made, they decided to just throw random shit at you for this season.
Too bad.

Sentherus:

Owlslayer:
Hmm...Gotta admit it that the episode was quite a bit disturbing.
However, reading the comments, i have a weird feeling that this is a fluke episode or something mixed with Halloween or whatever. Since I'm an European dude i have no idea when Halloween is, so that's quite a blind guess.

Still, something doesn't smell right...

Halloween isn't about mindless killing it's about dressing up on 1 night every year at night and going out scaring people and making friends not... This. I do not believe that Game Dogs should stop, I've got to admit it's had its moments, I believe that they should be given a chance to redeem themselves from this monstrosity. Game Dogs was funny before this but now *Shrug* this episode has jumped the wall and is now running towards this series threatening to destroy it and I believe it will do so unless they clean up their act. I can only say this to the Game Dogs team "Redeem yourselves or you will forever lose my vote".

Yeah, i know that Halloween isn't about violence and it's quite a nice holyday.
But what I'm trying to say is that I don't really buy into this "two main characters dying off" stuff... It really is too suspicious and they wouldn't kill off (no pun intended) their show with something like that. I mean, they know their business and I'm sure they were sure what would happen when they made an episode like this. So my guesses are:
1) (weird) marketing trick to get more viewers (???)
2) Some "wtf" episode that never actually happened. Something like "Stewie kills Louis" form Family Guy.
3) They decided to pull the plug on the show and wanted to leave with a bang. A very disturbing bang, but a bang nonetheless.

Well, those are my thoughts.

shiroishiryo:

Jeronus:

I read your wall of text and one piece of information stood out in particular. You watched every episode of the series despite hating it and I bet you left a comment about how bad it was every time. You sir, are a troll. An intelligent one, but a troll nonetheless. I like this show and therefore watch it. You obviously hate this show and watch it only to post your displeasure about it. That makes you a TROLL. What forces push you to do this because I don't understand your position. You watch every week therefore supporting the show and then leave a post about how it should be canceled. It is like sleeping with someone you have no attraction to then beat the shit out them for being ugly. Do yourself...NO, do the both of us a favor and STOP WATCHING. You want this show to disappear stop watching and ignore it. If it doesn't disappear, ignore it and accept the fact that some people here actually like this series. I don't force myself through I hit it with my axe every week. I watched half of the first episode and never clicked on it ever again. Get the point!

If you did two seconds worth of research, in fact if you looked to the side of the page for one second, you would see that my grand total post count (before this reply) was 2. 2 posts, that's it. You can even go to my page and click on the link to the other post and see that it's about D+A. I think I'm entitled to state my opinion once, and that sir is what I did. Thank you for reading, and don't waste your time with a reply.

There needs to be a continuation to this conversation. Make it happen, Jeronus!

(^ THAT, is a troll post, ladies and gentlemen. No arguments there. My curiosity just gets the better of me.)

secretsantaone:
Jesus fucking christ, will you guys take the dildos out your arses and take a chill pill?

exactly. most of the people on the escapist are practically hate-filled. the escapist, in a sense its basically Illium from mass effect since its no better than Omega (4chan).

This episode actually had some funny parts. They should make Bob the main character.

I think I spotted those some of those "clues" everyones mumbling about.

First off, the book is "Ex Machina" law book. As in, "Deus Ex Machina" as in, this show is going to pull a massive Deus Ex Machina out of its ass to explain why Roger and Beth are suddenly back amongst the living. The second clue would be the talking in the backround of some seens, I cant quite make it out but Im sure it means something.

This was the first episode I actually enjoyed!
(Only saw the first and second ones when the series started so sue me)

Oh my god!? What? Kill of the main female character.. ? What going to happen now?

Damn, I kind of liked her..

Goodbye, Farewell, Amen is a reference to the TV series M.A.S.H. It was the title of the final episode which had the highest viewer rating of anything ever on TV.

spasicle:
Goodbye, Farewell, Amen is a reference to the TV series M.A.S.H. It was the title of the final episode which had the highest viewer rating of anything ever on TV.

Congrats on your first post, I see you've been with us a while.

Haha. Seriously. Haha. Can't stop laughing. But seriously, Beth? Nooo =(

2 of the clues have been found. Your getting warmer! :)

Pages PREV 1 . . . 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 . . . 18 NEXT

Reply to Thread

Have an account? Login below:
With Facebook:Login With Facebook
or
Username:  
Password:  

Not registered? To sign up for an account with The Escapist:
Register With Facebook
Register With Facebook
or
Register for a free account here