Game Dogs: The Hand of Fate

Pages PREV 1 . . . 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 NEXT

No final episode , no Lame joke , no this is the end =>>>>>>> Hell YEAH ITS FINALY DEAD *does the happy dance * Now all thats left is to get rid of the one thing on the main page that make everything look ugly and : * The series is going to fall in the abyss of Forgotten Sh*T that should no be remembered * *EVIL Psychotic Laugh hahahahahahahahahaha*

What ? The END ?
This can't be.

There are still unlikeable characters alive, i demand BLOOD ! (and some more dangling eyes)

This feels.. wrong. For a comedy to end on a low note like this just seems bleh. Though I can understand the frustration, Russ.

So i take it the series ended? i thought it was every OTHER thursday.

Wolfy2449:

Vassago56:
The series is going to fall in the abyss of Forgotten Sh*T

Nah wont happen, i ll forever use this avatar at escapist and always remind you of the awesomeness of Chet that comes from gamedogs

Eww I hate the guy , I made all my friends vote for him in the hand of fate game , the could have at least kill him too and give me SOME satisfaction *sob sob *

So I come here to see the new Game Dogs and... where is it? Hell, it's even been removed from the "Latest Video" lineup and hidden in the "Archived Videos". Does that mean it's officially over?

And now, my two cents:

The series has never been that strong, but it's at least been enjoyable. Towards the end of the first season it was starting to fall apart, and the second wasn't much better. It seemed strange to me that the writers had set up a story... and then refused to tell it. Take, for example, the 'Nam episode. True, there were one or two funny lines, but really you could have cut it down to about a minute, used it as a flashback in another episode, and then it would have been a nice way of explaining how the boss became so vacant (yes, the character left such a huge impression on me I can't even remember his name). Instead, we have to sit through an entire episode of quite frankly boring dialogue to get to something funny/important.

As a whole, the entire second season just felt random. You decide to centre your season arc around the takeover of the business by Russians. That's a good, strong idea. But when did that ever come into play? The Russians' assistant made that pretty funny angry call to the review website, then (again) there's an entire 5 minute episode devoted to a 30 second (at most) joke that has nothing to do with anything... and that's about it. There was, however, a glimmer of hope in A Woofcraft Wedding, which was far and away my favourite episode. I don't think it was particularly funnier than the average episode, but it was more in tune with my sense of humour (using visual gags such as: "Why not just kill me?!" *look at each other* *frantically types*). It's nothing that hasn't been done many times before by much better people, but at least there were signs of improvement.

Then came The Hand Of Fate. I had no idea there was a poll to kill off a character going into it, so it came as a complete surprise that a character that had just received a lot of room for potential character development was suddenly killed off. Not only killed off, but killed off FOR LAUGHS. I wasn't offended or shocked, it just felt... random. Sudden. And that's not even starting on how utterly out of left field Roger's suicide was.

I'm not saying abruptly killing off the series was a bad thing, but it's rather sad that it didn't even get a last hurrah of a final episode, one that conclusively felt like a series finale rather than a waking nightmare of random violence. Even if you hate the series, you have to admit, wouldn't you have liked to have seen a final episode in the style of the last episode of Blake's 7 (look it up if you don't know what Blake's 7 is)?

I'm not particularly sad or happy, I'm just disappointed. There's now yet another series out there that just stops rather than actually ending.

Wolfy2449:

Vassago56:
Eww I hate the guy , I made all my friends vote for him in the hand of fate game , the could have at least kill him too and give me SOME satisfaction *sob sob *

Amg why ppl hate the best and most awesome character in the series??
I voted for bethany and now she is kinda dead, so nice chet is intact xD

And I so dont care anymore its finally dead though I would have loved to see the idea dog get thrown off a skyscraper and busted into million pieces by a heli I will just settle with the fact that the series is dead and the most annoying character is left alone to die a slow and well deserved death >X) . Bastards killed 2 of my favorite characters what were you expecting ?

Game Dog's is officially dead? Someone pinch me for I believe I am dreaming... Perhaps the escapist can now spend money on something good... Like sponsoring new episodes of Unforgotten Realms (I know it got really weak toward the end but I've seen some of the recent self-financed episodes and Rob seems to have gotten his shit back together).

Wait, it's dead? Well I can't say I miss it, honestly, but that kind of came as a shock. Oh well.

To tell the truth, I've been so busy with University and Minecraft lately that I forgot about this show.

ReddiShadow:
So I come here to see the new Game Dogs and... where is it? Hell, it's even been removed from the "Latest Video" lineup and hidden in the "Archived Videos". Does that mean it's officially over?

And now, my two cents:

The series has never been that strong, but it's at least been enjoyable. Towards the end of the first season it was starting to fall apart, and the second wasn't much better. It seemed strange to me that the writers had set up a story... and then refused to tell it. Take, for example, the 'Nam episode. True, there were one or two funny lines, but really you could have cut it down to about a minute, used it as a flashback in another episode, and then it would have been a nice way of explaining how the boss became so vacant (yes, the character left such a huge impression on me I can't even remember his name). Instead, we have to sit through an entire episode of quite frankly boring dialogue to get to something funny/important.

As a whole, the entire second season just felt random. You decide to centre your season arc around the takeover of the business by Russians. That's a good, strong idea. But when did that ever come into play? The Russians' assistant made that pretty funny angry call to the review website, then (again) there's an entire 5 minute episode devoted to a 30 second (at most) joke that has nothing to do with anything... and that's about it. There was, however, a glimmer of hope in A Woofcraft Wedding, which was far and away my favourite episode. I don't think it was particularly funnier than the average episode, but it was more in tune with my sense of humour (using visual gags such as: "Why not just kill me?!" *look at each other* *frantically types*). It's nothing that hasn't been done many times before by much better people, but at least there were signs of improvement.

Then came The Hand Of Fate. I had no idea there was a poll to kill off a character going into it, so it came as a complete surprise that a character that had just received a lot of room for potential character development was suddenly killed off. Not only killed off, but killed off FOR LAUGHS. I wasn't offended or shocked, it just felt... random. Sudden. And that's not even starting on how utterly out of left field Roger's suicide was.

I'm not saying abruptly killing off the series was a bad thing, but it's rather sad that it didn't even get a last hurrah of a final episode, one that conclusively felt like a series finale rather than a waking nightmare of random violence. Even if you hate the series, you have to admit, wouldn't you have liked to have seen a final episode in the style of the last episode of Blake's 7 (look it up if you don't know what Blake's 7 is)?

I'm not particularly sad or happy, I'm just disappointed. There's now yet another series out there that just stops rather than actually ending.

I tend to agree with you there

In a way I think this is our fault, the creators probably saw everything that happened here and realized that there was no way to please even most of their fans and so decided to call it quits here and now. It's a shame because this series had a lot of room to expand and now that it's "archived" it probably won't be updated again. Guess we'll just have to see and hopefully the creators will give us a definitive yes or no on continuing instead of leaving us to interpret or guess.

Firerush:

ReddiShadow:

And now, my two cents:

I tend to agree with you there

In a way I think this is our fault, the creators probably saw everything that happened here and realized that there was no way to please even most of their fans and so decided to call it quits here and now. It's a shame because this series had a lot of room to expand and now that it's "archived" it probably won't be updated again. Guess we'll just have to see and hopefully the creators will give us a definitive yes or no on continuing instead of leaving us to interpret or guess.

Our fault? Unlikely. The lack of empathy from the audience can (and indeed must) have done its part, but frankly, I'd say that the whole Game Dogs thing was just hopeless from the beginning of the second season. The developers must've felt like they were going to beat on a dead horse.

I also came to make sure this was the end of the series. Could never get into it and then noticed it missing from the front page.

Well, Russ, after finishing up the series, I can effectively say this was one of the worst ways to end it all, in my honest opinion.

You kill off the two characters that most people actually liked (myself included), who had the most character development. You made another liked character, one of the Ensemble Darkhorses even, murder Beth in cold blood for no other reason than to make him shout things that were "bad" about her (rather she was the one that annoyed me the least, alongside Roger).

Finally, you off Roger because...Well, just because! There wasn't any rhyme or reason to it, you killed him off just because. There wasn't any leadup to it, there wasn't anything!

Meanwhile, the lazy asswipe Chet and the...formerly the worst but upgraded to just mediocre Gary, still survive.

The really fucking sad part? This could have actually been a great episode, and it WAS aside from the idiotic lead deaths. Hell, it was on par with the last two which I thought were hilarious (late season skyrocket, just like season one!), and it would have been completely great had Beth and Roger not died or even been involved. If the episode was just Bob and Ross (CLEVER!), it would have been an awesome episode.

Now that I see that Game Dogs is essentially over, I am extremely disappointed. There wasn't even any closure. Killing off two leads for no real reason isn't "closure", it's just moronic and cruel.

Game Dogs was looking so far up, too. I would have loved to see part two of season three (considering the latter half is when the show really picked up). Not without Beth and Roger, though. This was such a letdown.

Sigh. Welp, back to the good old Yahtzee-only schedule for me.

(why'd they have to throw it awEDIT:

Wait a minute.

*reads WopWopWop's post about the clues*

Wooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooow.

Well, glad to know Beth isn't dead, considering she's actually one of my favorite characters (and my favorite out of the three leads). I'm still quite a bit miffed about Roger dying, as I actually fairly enjoyed him quite a bit as well, but masses want what masses want, I suppose.

But looking at the posts around it, holy crap. Holy crap.

That's...That's...wow, wow, uh.

That was actually incredibly sly.

Yeah, uh. Wow. Nicely done, wow.

See, NOW I want to see season three. I'm freaking excited, you managed to pull me back for another season, just like last season (albeit in a rather gory manner and at the sacrifice of an actually decent character)

YOU HEAR ME?! YOU'D BETTER BE MAKING THAT SEASON THREE! DON'T YOU DARE LEAVE IT AT THIS! DON'T YOU MAKE ROGER DIE IN VAIN!

That was transcendant! It was like watching a cut-rate Happy-Tree Friends! More Game Dogs! Bring them back to life specifically for the purpose of murdering them in increasingly elaborate ways!

I gave up on Game Dogs after about three episodes in Season 1, but if this is the sort of stuff they were saving for the end then I wish I'd watched the rest! That was hilarious, beautiful, and I am genuinely pleased to have been part of the emergence of a new shock comedy video on the Escapist.

Remember people, what Monty Python did was seen as shocking and bad taste too. Everyone said they must have been awful people with the crudest of notions pertaining to good humour when they started their sketches, and now everyone praises them as geniuses. The Escapist has finally moved into Surrealist Dark Comedy. More I say, more.

I'm making a new post specifically to repost this.

DON'T YOU MAKE ROGER DIE IN VAIN, SOMETHING'D BETTER COME OUT OF THIS!

TrogzTheTroll:

Vyseroy:

herio:
No, the fact that they haven't followed it up shows that they're scared of such a response, and that they done/said nothing since this came up (What?) that's why they're cowards.

See me after class.

C me after u kill evry1 dat doesnt use grammar an spellin' rite.

F***ing Grammar Nazi

EDIT: I don't actually type like that, but really get off your high horse.

And here I was hoping someone named 'TrogzTheTroll' would see the obvious. I guess not. No internets for you.

Anywho!

They haven't given any sort of update that has to do with the series (as far as I'm aware), so maybe this was the season finale or something? Went out with a bang, if that's the case.

Abrupt ending, amirite? Got too many loose ends? Kill half of the main characters!
nah but srs, it was a great series while it lasted.

shame i quite liked episodes 19 and 20.... but not much else

I don't think the series dead because the videos are still up.

They're up, but they're in the archives. This series appears to have gone the way of the dodo. It's a shame, because I was hoping that they'd somehow pull out some follow-up gag that would make it all worth it. And Knives R Us was definitely entertaining...But unfortunately, it also seems to have been accidental, in which case I'm glad Russ had the wits to end the show before it could do any further damage. As Yahtzee's said before, you need to get the shit out of the way before you can start excreting gold. Or something like that.

This series is over, thank god. I also noticed A good knights quest was archived, I thought they were doing another season.

And so it ends....may game dogs rest in peace...

You know, In hindsight the show was kinda interesting. The premise was okay, some of the episodes were half decent... but for some reason I still didn't like it. Maybe it was the lack of detail in the show, maybe it was the stereotyping of the characters, but somehow it just didn't work.

You gotta admit though, that was just about the worst way to end a season/show. Seriously, I'd be fine if they cleaned up the show, pulled a "it was all a dream" explanation, and went back to being kinda funny. Or...

Have the third season of the show be about Chet, distraught after losing his two best friends, joining another video game company. They want him because Satan's Retrievers was such a big hit and they think he's brilliant... only he's really more of a lazy screw-up who got lucky. Cue him having to bluff his way through work, while simultaneously avoiding suspicion from the police that he killed Roger and/or Bethany.

Yeah, it sounds dark at first, but there's a lot of opportunity for comedy in it. If anyone think it's a good idea, you can use the idea (or something like it), I don't mind.

It takes skill to make a video series SO FUCKING TERRIBLE that the only way you can end it without admitting how god damn talentless you are is by killing off your entire cast and pretending it was "decided by The Escapist."

Enerfor:
And so it ends....may game dogs rest in peace...

May it burn in hell.

Even as a furry, I disliked this show. I did not hate it like some have, but each episode found a way to kind of ruin anything good about it. Ultimately I think that the Escapist staff themselves (Who were the primary ones to make this show) are honestly not cut out for anything like this, at least not yet. Thankfully they are smart enough to learn and focus on supporting the guys who can do comedy well like Loading Ready Run and of course the guys who make Doralingus (hurr hurr) and Associates.

The one thing I am left wondering after all of this is what happened to Unforgotten Realms? Sure it wasn't the BEST show that has been on The Escapist, but it was pretty decent and only one guy needed a paycheck to make it weekly. Honestly I just hope that the guys in charge learn to focus on the good stuff, although generally they have had more hits than misses.

Having said all of that, rest in peace Game Dogs and I hope you don't come back as a zombie.

Oh my gosh guys! I am sorry for Ressing this, but I just came across a stunning revelation:

In Episode 1, when their playing DnD (I don't even care about what it stands for), Beth states that it's a game that can cause Suicide. 20 episodes later, this happens. Wasn't Rodger the Dungeon Master?

mento 2425:

Spinwhiz:

mento 2425:
I VOTED FOR ROGER!
WHY BETH!
WHY!
:*(

Didn't you watch after the credits?

of course i didn't!
why would i want to... oh.
well that's EVEN WORSE!
NOW I'M STUCK WITH CHET!

I seriously doubt the Escapist will keep this show going after that episode.

so basically, you just ended the entire series just like that??? really anti climactic if yopu ask me, with so many plot holes I can't even count them =/

Wow....this is just...sad..

I actually truly loved the series for what it was, and i understand that the animations were not the best on the market, but i still loved the story for what it was, and for me it was cleaver, comical and yet at the same time, dam right lovable, especially the witty characters =3

Despite what everyone may say about the series, I truly loved the whole idea of the series, but many or some, may disagree with me I say that I still respect there opinions however positive or negative there feelings to the series may be.

Finally I'd just like to say, escapists, you guys really had something there that i personally enjoyed watching, what ever the reason may be for ending the series(even this way XP) I will respect it and honor it non the less.

One more thing before you guys(who ever u may be) who are reading this, I loved the series not just because it's a furry XD but also because it was original and just dam right cleaver :P

Later! =3

So it is indeed over damn... great furry show too.

Bring this show back... NOW!

Oh well, atleast it ended on a high note, still the best episode in the series.

Drake Heavenfire:
let's a have a greater look at things:

1. Gore and blood, if you don't like humor like that, then why do so many people laugh at the Stewie beating Brian to a pulp in family guy for not getting his money?

2. In theory the show could be moving towards Bob, being the main lead from a side lead.

3. Me and my friends were laughing nonstop at this episode, I have been watching the series from the start, change happens, so what 2 characters died, maybe beth didn't die and is still alive even though that seems impossible, but lets stick with that 2 characters died, it often seems that people get mad when their favorite character dies, thus making the best show ever turn into the worst show ever.

I say grow up and deal with it, if you want to change the show, go make your own.

so screw what i said before so what if a favorite character of mine dies, I don't watch the show for a character I watch for content, and what I saw is what I liked, like the rest of the show, hell I'd buy a DVD if it were to come out.

also remember this show wasn't made for furries, so STOP SAYING IT IS! pay attention to the tagline gags they do...

so shame on you for playing the hand of fate game and complaining about your choice then

I'm wondering now, where's the next episode I've had that jittery excitement all day in hopes of seeing what happens next, like every Thursday, ah Thursday the greatest day of the week

To answer your questions

1. Because people are fucking stupid. Family Guy hasnt been funny for a while now, and while thats my opinion.

2. Having a show about Bob would make it slighly more retarded than it ever was

3. See the #1, and it doesn't matter that two characters died. Both were annoying, but using gore without a fucking reason isn't funny, and neither are fucking suicide jokes

I don't care what anyone says. Despite the suffering through dragged-out gags, poor comic timing and so forth:

SWORD.
OF.
BEES.

Worth the price of admission right there.

Pages PREV 1 . . . 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 NEXT

Reply to Thread

Have an account? Login below:
With Facebook:Login With Facebook
or
Username:  
Password:  

Not registered? To sign up for an account with The Escapist:
Register With Facebook
Register With Facebook
or
Register for a free account here