Game Dogs: The Hand of Fate

Pages PREV 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 . . . 18 NEXT

Total win. Epic carnage.

Also a hilarious parody of what people were incessantly whining SHOULD be done. Guess a lot of them didn't get the joke.

Some lines should be crossed, and I thought this was one such line, especially as Game Dogs was previously far too 'safe' and cuddly-wuddly.

"Nobody likes you! Stop saying "sigh" when you sigh!" XD

I love shows like Metalocalypse, though. And I have been known to browse rotten.com. I have a high gore threshold.

To everyone who thinks Game Dogs was an exclusively "white humor" show, where were you during the episodes with excessive swearing, brutal maimings, implied intercourse with transsexuals, and MR YIE HAVING HIS SKULLCAP BLOWN OFF?

That was pretty lol ^_^

my_ledge_ends:
To everyone who thinks Game Dogs was an exclusively "white humor" show, where were you during the episodes with excessive swearing, brutal maimings, implied intercourse with transsexuals, and MR YIE HAVING HIS SKULLCAP BLOWN OFF?

Hm? I missed the maimings. When was that?

"Goodby
Farewell
Amen" -the Back of Bob's shirt
I personally guess that Alena Koch(I think, not exactly sure to be honest) the actor that does Bethany's voice is no longer able to do so for some reason, and it with little/no notice probably in the second half of September with the Woofcraft Wedding episode being the last episode they had finished recording for. The Hand of Fate contest was likely an attempt to get the fans to provide the explanation for the spontaneous removal of the character which failed, and used the whole Knives-r-us episode was to delay airing the Woofcraft Wedding until last week so it wasn't obvious what had happened.

also, has the description of the Game Dogs series always been "Game Dogs is the story of Roger and Chet, two dogs on a mission to make a career out of making games - or get fired trying."?

Yeah...the Happy Tree Friend nightmares...they're gonna come back now...*curls up in a ball*

Wow. That was easily the funniest episode of Game Dogs. I actually laughed.

I'm actually a bit angry I wasted my time watching that video. Humorless, tasteless waste of time. I was surprised when I saw this show was getting a second season as it was an utterly boring waste of time the first go-round. Not even an appreciative "heh" came from me as I watched it. I just hope this means this series is over.

On a side note, seems like I was one of the few unfazed by the gore. I didn't flinch at any point during the whole thing. Guess I'm pretty far gone down the insensitivity hole.

maybe you should ask the "IDEA-DOG", at least he is still alife.

btw

this is how you create a ton lots of comments.
if you do not know what i am talking about go watch the video AGAIN!!!

Erana:
That crossed the line waaaaay to far.
I've been trying to support this for the sake of the 'Scapist, and it did have its moments (Namely Swords R Us) but this is... was just downright sick. Its one thing to have excessive gore (which itself is unappealing to me) but its another thing entirely to beat and mutilate an innocent character, especially after so much time is spent characterizing them and trying to make the audience empathize with them.
Its downright sadism, and it has no place in comedy. It rarely even has a place in media as a whole!
OK, so the movie Dogville could do it right, but Game Dogs? No. Just No.

I put my trust into the Escapist, and get rewarded with an animated furry snuff film.
At least put up some kind of warning!

I agree, that was just sickening. Bleh, it left a bad taste in my mouth. I don't know, this kind of seems like the end of the show unless it all turns out to be a dream or an alternate reality or something.

I think at this point, they are just doing whatever they can to hand out mindf***s like candy. Next episode it's going to be like nothing even happened.

In the immortal words of barret "D-D-D-DANM!"

Okay... I gave Game Dogs a chance, and though it never really got up to the par set by other Escapist flash shows, it was starting to get better. The Hands of Fate voting bothered me, but I also saw a lot of potential if they handled it right. Congratulations: I can absolutely say that you couldn't have handled it worse. Unless the next episode somehow makes up for all that in a big way, I'm done.

im calling it here.

this was a non-canon early halloween special (think those simpson halloween episodes)

i never liked the series anyway, but decided to give it another chance this season
i'm sure as hell not doing that again. this is the single stupidest thing this show could have done. they've just turned off half their audience for 3 minutes of gore and legal jokes. not very smart

I dont care what everyone else says. This episode has got to be my favorite so far. The most other ones are dull and the funnier ones involve Bob so im gonna say that Bob is a main character. I honestly didn't like any of the original 3 characters so here's to hoping things get better because ,frankly, those 2 characters were some of the worst.

I cant believe they killed Bethany, she was my favorite (and appropriatly, hottest) character in the show. To create a awful flash game to hide the fact that you hate this character, in hopes that everyone else hates her, only to fail horribly.
The Meg Griffin paradox wasn't funny since they got the interesting 'not so popular teenage girl' character and started to just make her the hate character, I stopped watching the show for it.
But you guys just were brutal, you got a character that you barely took the time to pay attention to, and straight up say you hate her to the point where you would kill her off in a horrid aweful way.
Also, WHY DID YOU KILL BETHANY IF YOU INTENTIONALLY CREATED THIS LOVE INTEREST BETWEEN ROGER AND BETH! YOU FUCKED UP MAN! I FUCKIN DON'T LIKE THIS! I THOUGHT THIS WAS A FUCKING STREET FIGHT, BUT FUCKING YOU USED SOME FUCKING SORT OF FUCKING SUPER POWER OR SOMETHING MAN... FFFFFFUCK!
(Please kill Roger, I hate him)

OH MY GOD! You guys just M. Night Shyamalaned my ass! Love the dark twist with Roger at the end.

Roger used The David Carradine suicide box!
It's super effective!

Bob has a brother? Double the fun!

Chet lives? FUUUUUUU....

im ALSO calling a really likely truth to this.
the creators are trollin us. just to see them reactions.
think about it, this IS the internet after all.

I know Roger sucks and I wanted him to die but really... him committing suicide. That's a bit insensitive considering all the other gay suicides recently. Bad taste... really

Spinwhiz:

mento 2425:
I VOTED FOR ROGER!
WHY BETH!
WHY!
:*(

Didn't you watch after the credits?

Yeah, but killing off two? That was just unfair. Also, wasn't Beth the one with the least votes in the end? I'm one of the apparent few people on this site who actually likes this show, but seriously, Spin, come on... I'm assuming Russ will probably be reading all these comments too, so I hope he knows just how pissed off quite a lot of people seem to be, with all due respect to him of course...

Wow, violence against women much?? But seriously, I dig the jab at legal jargon, that was all good stuff, in a more or less good setting. I don't know, that level of brutality seems gimmicky.

Aww damn it! I actually liked Beth! I was hoping that Gary would be the one to die (that is if someone just had to die... *mumble mumble*). X

I'm going to have nightmares, I just know it.

I like the comments about it all being a prank or a joke. Know what? That would be even worse. It's one thing to make a stupid idea to try and save a show using shock value. It's another to brutally murder one character, and then spit in the eyes of everyone who's ever had a loved one/friend commit suicide AS A JOKE.

so wait if Roger died then is bethany dead because i thought you were only going to kill one.

Spinwhiz:

mento 2425:
I VOTED FOR ROGER!
WHY BETH!
WHY!
:*(

Didn't you watch after the credits?

The episode itself, however, wasn't that good. There was maybe two scenes that got me to snicker, but that's about it. And neither of those scenes involving Bethany getting maimed and then beaten to death. That was... unnecessary.

However, I have the distinct feeling that you're up to something.

EDIT: Didn't think to spoiler it. Better safe than sorry, yadda yadda, etc.

Jzolr0708:
I like the comments about it all being a prank or a joke. Know what? That would be even worse. It's one thing to make a stupid idea to try and save a show using shock value. It's another to brutally murder one character, and then spit in the eyes of everyone who's ever had a loved one/friend commit suicide AS A JOKE.

once again: i bet this is a non canon early halloween episode.

I watched the first few episodes of this series and wasn't impressed so I skipped the first series. I heard a few good things about the second series yet still let it pass.

However I noticed the larger amount of comments for an episode this time I had to see what all the fuss was about...

...the jokes were actually pretty funny. I got a few chuckles out of that. As for the gore that some seem to be unsettled by, I suppose this has to be more so if you've watch the series so far considering people imply this level of violence isn't the norm, otherwise, it's sudden but hardly shocking, at least for an animated series. If it isn't however then I could easily see why some users might complain about the violence.

I doubt I'll go back and take a look, can't be bothered, especially if it's consistently hit or miss like others state.

EDIT: Also since it's been mention a couple of times... Apocalypse Lane DIDN'T suck.

..................Fuck you escapist.

Edit: I should exsplain that I like game dog, I thought it was funny. But this really is just stupid. Beth was the best of the three and you killed her for no resion what so ever. I was looking foword to see where you were going with the show which I thought was getting better. But the you pull this and it all goes down the shitter. Fuck you escapist.

really sensitivity to suicides? never even occurred to me. huh.

Ya know what guys? Bring Doomsday Arcade back, make them your main show, don't throw them off to the side because as bad as it was, its sure as hell better than this, (and definitley apocalypse lane)

No way did anybody die 2 main characters in one episode no way because then the series would suck this is more like a tree house of horror episode on the simpsons

Maldeus:

my_ledge_ends:

Hm? I missed the maimings. When was that?

There was the episode with the stabbings, and I seem to remember there was an episode where Jennifer got bloodied up. Also, the Satan's Retriever game.

Pages PREV 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 . . . 18 NEXT

Reply to Thread

Have an account? Login below:
With Facebook:Login With Facebook
or
Username:  
Password:  

Not registered? To sign up for an account with The Escapist:
Register With Facebook
Register With Facebook
or
Register for a free account here