Escape to the Movies: Buried

Pages 1 2 3 4 5 6 NEXT

Buried

This week MovieBob goes underground and watches Buried.

Watch Video

I'm glad that this ended up being good. It sounded like a fun movie, and I'll be seeing it at some point.

Still a damn good trailer. Honestly, that's enough to sell it for me.

Poor Wonder Woman.

And Smallville was alright...until it just went batshit.

Glad I wasn't the only one who thought of Kill Bill the moment I saw the trailer.

Although, given that I'm mildly claustrophobic, that scene in Kill Bill freaked me out enough even when I knew she would crawl her way out of there. So I think I'll give this one a miss.

Another reason for my rather powerful man-crush on Ryan Reynolds.

Nice work all around, Bob.

Hm... this movie seems like it would make me uncomfortable on so many levels. Remember that video of the skier who was buried alive in an avalanche for like 6 minutes that came out awhile back? Even knowing that they dug him out, I couldn't make it through the whole thing. That's fucking terrifying.

- J

And once again, Canada wins at acting. Also, does anyone else assume it's a given that Lynda Carter is going to play Wonder Woman's mother on the series?

Considering how low budget this is, I wouldn't be surprised if it never came to my country at all.

I'd definitely give it a try if it ever came.

OK I gotta go see this movie to see HOW THE HELL that fight scene works out XD

But I did love how he mentioned that the Superman Franchise might be getting a fresh start, hey hopefully some awesome super villains as well :D

....a Modern day Wonder Woman show!?..........FUCK NUGGETS!!!

Oh, I hoped that you would review 'let me in' this week. oh well

the trailer is damn scary....damn damn damn damn scary. In the sense what would you do in a coffin buried 6ft deep?

Onyx Oblivion:
Poor Wonder Woman.

Agreed, I just couldn't keep up any more

i read the script that was released for this movie online, cause it didnt seem like the type of movie id go and see. though it does seem pretty interesting, glad it turned out well.

and tomorrow when the war began was a great movie for me. but im aussie and loved the books so im biased lol.

I don't think I'll see this one, not because it won't be good, but because its probably only playing in theaters about 3 hours away from my town and I have a simple rule about movies:
-If it takes longer to get to the theater than the movie actually lasts, no matter how good the film is, its not worth it.

About the super hero things, I guess I'll look forward to the Superman movie but in all honesty I'm not that grim about the Wonder Woman TV show. Just because its on the TV doesn't mean it'll suck, like all things it just needs the proper amount of effort and it'll be alright.

I'm Australian, but I haven't seen Tomorrow when the War Began yet, so I can't say how good it is. I'm also probably the only person my age in the country who didn't read the book in school. To be honest, I wasn't that interested in going to see it, but I think I will if for no other reason tha to support the floundering Australian film industry (there's a reason the only Australian films anyone remembers are around fifteen years old or more...).

I'm still not sold on how interesting a movie can be if it's just a guy in a box talking on a phone. the only other movie I know of that winded up good despite being set in a small room is the first "Saw" but then again that had flashbacks... maybe 12 angry men would also qualify.

So, wait, they made an entire movie based around that one scene in the vanishing?

Kay...

Wonderwoman.... NOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO!

(Oh, god, is he doing this again?) got me laughing.
Movie sounds interesting, though.

Interesting to hear that Buried is compelling - I really thought it would be too high-concept.

BTW, it is completely unconscionable that Joss Whedon is not writing/directing Wonder Woman. Come on! The man's entire oeuvre from Buffy to Dollhouse has been like an audition to handle the most iconic female bad-ass - and he gets passed over in favor of Ally McBeal's creator and his pseudo-feminist bull hockey?

and this one... and this one... this one again xD I didn't know they were married. Lucky bastard, then again I also have a man crush on him.

About the movie i dont think im watching it.

Buried, while getting a better review than I thought it would, just doesn't seem like the kind of movie I'd pay to see in theatres. I'll wait for it to be released on Netflix or PPV.

As for Superman, I hope that it'll be good but I have such low hopes for it. I outright don't like Snyder as a director. The movies are well enough but he tries too hard with the slow motion and it tends to bring everything to a grinding halt.

At least Superman won't suffer from his ridiculously boring movie-stopping slow motion sex scenes.. I'd hope.

craddoke:
BTW, it is completely unconscionable that Joss Whedon is not writing/directing Wonder Woman. Come on! The man's entire oeuvre from Buffy to Dollhouse has been like an audition to handle the most iconic female bad-ass - and he gets passed over in favor of Ally McBeal's creator and his pseudo-feminist bull hockey?

Isn't Whedon a bit busy with the Agengers to make another TV show that will fail?

I find it hard to talk about this film since it's so minimalist anything I do say will more than likely be a spoiler...

...as for the film itself I was "pleasantly" surprised (although while not a bad ending, my personal preference leaded towards another outcome).

Bob. It's time to have an intervention. I don't know if you are a lecherous creep or just playing on TV but it's getting really annoying either way. It's literally interfering with your job. Your job is comment on Buried not get side tracked and start showing pictures of attractive actresses.

1 Attractive movie actresses are not rare.

2 If we wanted to see publicly released stills we would use Google.

3 Women watch this too, or at least would watch it if they weren't discouraged by the blatant fan service and objectification.

4 Using someone's copyrighted photos to boost your view count is pretty low.

I know this video isn't the worst example but it's the straw that broke the camel's back. Have some dignity. You're a 28 year old balding man. Publicly Drooling of pretty women makes you look pathetic. Please stick to your movie reviews and analysis not superficial judgments of women.

looks good
probably ain't coming to ireland =[

So it's a film about a dick in a box? Sounds interesting.

Onyx Oblivion:
Poor Wonder Woman.

It went on too long, but its still better than Lost.
By the way, does anyone remember if Louis and Clark was any good?

Mr Smith:
I'm Australian, but I haven't seen Tomorrow when the War Began yet, so I can't say how good it is. I'm also probably the only person my age in the country who didn't read the book in school. To be honest, I wasn't that interested in going to see it, but I think I will if for no other reason tha to support the floundering Australian film industry (there's a reason the only Australian films anyone remembers are around fifteen years old or more...).

*cough* wolf creek *cough* and if that's not your cup of tea, Pitch Black was filmed in australia with a huge line up of minor aussie actors (including somin from Play School!) which would constitue as contributing to the Aussie Film Industry.

I however, have not seen TWtWB because I'm not in Australia ATM, apparently it's pretty good, but I'd recommend bob read the book before he sees it.

MovieBob:
Buried

This week MovieBob goes underground and watches Buried.

Watch Video

BOB! I recomend that you read the Tomorrow when the war began book first, it's a light read intended for teenagers so you could easily knock that one down. This is because thewre is a great likelyhood that the film expects it's mostly aussie audience to have read the book or have some prior knowledge. Other than that, enjoy.

Pseudonym2:
Bob. It's time to have an intervention. I don't know if you are a lecherous creep or just playing on TV but it's getting really annoying either way. It's literally interfering with your job. Your job is comment on Buried not get side tracked and start showing pictures of attractive actresses.

3 Women watch this too, or at least would watch it if they weren't discouraged by the blatant fan service and objectification.

I know this video isn't the worst example but it's the straw that broke the camel's back. Have some dignity. You're a 28 year old balding man. Publicly Drooling of pretty women makes you look pathetic. Please stick to your movie reviews and analysis not superficial judgments of women.

Everyone drools over Scarlet Johanson, and they have a right too. Because she is ridiculously hot. And putting 4 images like 3 minutes into a video isn't going to "boost his view count". Also she's a movie actress, who are you to say he can't comment on it? Pretty sure you don't get to dictate what he comments on in his video, it is after all HIS video and not your video.

In short. Have a cry.

oh common, i liked smallville. at the very least, tom welling makes a better superman than any ive ever seen in a movie. and.....that chick who plays lois fits the character too. and so did michael rosenbaum before they fucked luthor up and killed him off...which was stupid. oh and his parents were good.

alright, ill admit i like the actors in their parts better than i tend to like the overall show, but there were several episodes that were VERY good.

I don't know, personal opinions aside, you can't really knock a show that's lasted for 10 seasons. So if David E. Kelly can make a show that lasts for 10 seasons out of a character like Superman, I wouldn't be to worried about Wonder Woman.

I'm extremely claustrophobic. Even the scene from Kill Bill that was similar to this had me squirming. That said, I'll see this movie. I was interested from the first trailer. I like Ryan Reynolds. I like the idea for this movie.

BOB: Tomorrow when the war began is an awful movie. It is a bad action movie, with awful dialog ripped straight from the books, terrible acting from actors in Australian soap operas. The editing is confusing and makes no sense(there's some really stupid cuts without action scenes even being resolved). The plot is incoherent and so on...I could not rave on anymore about how awful it is. It's only redeeming quality is the actor who plays Homer, but it's not even close to worth it.

It's worse than a Michael Bay film, sadly all the reviewers over here give it good reviews to help the industry...completely ignoring the fact that it's a BAD film.

SEE ANIMAL KINGDOM INSTEAD!

how dare they shaft one of the greatest female super heros of all time with a fucking made for tv movie. come the fuck on guys. woots for the over powered alien though.

Pseudonym2:

Oh oh oh!

Shuttup and stop advertising your personal opinions as the opinions of majority.

More Scarlet Johanson Bob, even if it is just to annoy that guy.

Pages 1 2 3 4 5 6 NEXT

Reply to Thread

Have an account? Login below:
With Facebook:Login With Facebook
or
Username:  
Password:  

Not registered? To sign up for an account with The Escapist:
Register With Facebook
Register With Facebook
or
Registered for a free account here