Stolen Pixels #234: Digdigdig

Pages 1 2 3 NEXT

LMAO! The Citadel has landed in Minecraft! Fantastic!

Love the subjagation comment =D

This is exactly why I don't play Minecraft; I would never do anything else again.

Like I said, a giant timesink. A really fun one, though.

But I don't have the time to devote to it with all these other games to play.

Shit, I'm balancing Atelier Rorona, Final Fantasy 9, Castlevania: Lords of Shadow, and Enslaved right now. And I'm going to add Alundra and Sonic 4 to that starting today.

It's going to collapse into a giant pile on unfinished games once Vanquish and Fable 3 come out in the next few weeks. I gotta get some of this shit done!

slutmonkey8:
This is exactly why I don't play Minecraft; I would never do anything else again.

Dammit, Ninja'd (Ironically).

But yeah, if that is what something with 20th Century graphics does to someone, then no thanks. I have a life to be getting on with.

No matter what you grind in, the fourth phase is always brain death.

You sir have hit that game right on the mark.

Excellent humor and another satisfying pixel!

Keep it up, Shamus!

Yeah, real funny guys. We all know it's really July, fix the date. What? It can't be. But that means... oh god...

Minecraft comics?

Awesome, awesome, awesome.

Keep'em up, Shamus.

In fact, why not a "Shamus Plays: Minecraft"?

everytime i see a comic like this i want to get minecraft.

Try Dwarf Fortress.

Shit's nuts. Dem cast obsidian obelisks.

Is there anyone who does NOT like that game so much? I haven't tried it yet, I'm not into anything sandbox (just want to have a linear experience, mostly), so just curious.

JourneyThroughHell:
Minecraft comics?

Keep'em up, Shamus.

I second this. Obsidian though? How long did it take you to get all that obsidian? You are crazy. (In a good way.)

It sounds exacly like what Dr Breen would do.

Someones probably already building the entire hl2 world in minecraft already...

Actually the hi-res models of Breen and Metro look surprisingly okay in minecraft.

Hey notch! can you give us higher res player models?

no wait, it took me long enough to make a skin for the current models. don't bother.

MorteSphere:
Try Dwarf Fortress.

Or import dwarf fortress maps to minecraft :)

Unrulyhandbag:
Actually the hi-res models of Breen and Metro look surprisingly okay in minecraft.

no wait, it took me long enough to make a skin for the current models. don't bother.

MorteSphere:
Try Dwarf Fortress.

Boring in comparison.

JourneyThroughHell:
Minecraft comics?

Keep'em up, Shamus.

I would LOVE This.

I want to play Minecraft everytime I see someone do something amazing, but then I realize. I could never do that..

I like the comic, but I don't get the addiction. I tried the game, and never really got past "stage 2." It's like, okay, hmmm...Yeah, I'm done.

MorteSphere:

Unrulyhandbag:

MorteSphere:
Try Dwarf Fortress.

Boring in comparison.

True enough, but MC is far from finished and Notch seems interested in making it far more complex in the long run.

Quick, deploy the Striders!

That's exactly how I felt. Once I figured out how to build shit, I was building a house under a cliff with some reed gardens and a farm, with a glass tower to the sky on top of said cliff.

It's the ambition, man. It's so cathartic.

Hmmm... I've always wanted a life size Ship of the Line. Namely the Santísima Trinidad y Nuestra Señora del Buen Fin. I wonder if one can in Minecraft?

Unrulyhandbag:

MorteSphere:

Unrulyhandbag:

MorteSphere:
Try Dwarf Fortress.

Boring in comparison.

True enough, but MC is far from finished and Notch seems interested in making it far more complex in the long run.

Once he makes it a lot more like First Person DF than it already is, I'll buy it.

Zachary Amaranth:
I like the comic, but I don't get the addiction. I tried the game, and never really got past "stage 2." It's like, okay, hmmm...Yeah, I'm done.

So you didn't play it is enough is what I hear :p

But ye Minecraft isn't for everyone so it would make sense.

best game in exsistance, bar none. i cant stop playing it AAAAAAAAAAAHHHHHHHHHHHHHHH

thefreeman0001:

You get to beat cows to death with a bunch of flowers by day and by night you lay in a ditch of filth and dirt while ungodly monstrosities try to claw their way in, what's not to like? ;D

MorteSphere:

Unrulyhandbag:

MorteSphere:

Unrulyhandbag:

MorteSphere:
Try Dwarf Fortress.

Boring in comparison.

Once he makes it a lot more like First Person DF than it already is, I'll buy it.

It will only be 10 Euro(or whatever) during Alpha, after Beta(I think) it will be 20. Beta starts at the end of the month if I'm not mistaken.

Seems to me I only get addicted to games with the word "craft" in it. Oh well, better get on to finding some coal, seriously there must be about ten blocks of the stuff in the whole world...

Meh I got to part 2 and just didnt find it interesting at all.

Good comic though.

RejjeN:
It will only be 10 Euro(or whatever) during Alpha, after Beta(I think) it will be 20. Beta starts at the end of the month if I'm not mistaken.

There is going to be a big update at the end of the month, but so far I haven't seen any indication it would be the start of the beta (and I seriously doubt it will be).

Does Breen still have time to rule City 17?

Mr Companion:

thefreeman0001:

You get to beat cows to death with a bunch of flowers by day and by night you lay in a ditch of filth and dirt while ungodly monstrosities try to claw their way in, what's not to like? ;D

i do that IRL anyway :P

Well, my giant Dark Tower of obsidian is almost finished too...
Now just to finish up the roof and add lava, lots and lots of lava...

I would write something about the comic here, but I'm busy creating a scale model Minas Tirith in Minecraft. Also, send help!

Pages 1 2 3 NEXT

Reply to Thread

Have an account? Login below:
With Facebook:Login With Facebook
or
Username:  
Password:  

Not registered? To sign up for an account with The Escapist:
Register With Facebook
Register With Facebook
or
Registered for a free account here