Daily Drop: Rubik's Cube

Pages PREV 1 2 3

Scrumpmonkey:
Can you do a glass jug full of water next? That would be awesome!

Requests are pointless. They rented the camera for a couple days and spent 14 hours a day just dropping crap. The filming is done and the camera is gone. The only delay is editing, which is why we're only getting 1 per day.

Stupid Net... Double-posting this crap...

As someone who can solve a Rubik's Cube -- quite easily -- I'm having a good time reading over these comments.

It makes me feel...

...superior.

We'll be watching the requests though, for when we shoot more.

Dat kinetic energy.

Thats not fair. you ant drop it twice. Then there's more factors to consider and you cheated.

take that!
Rubik's Cubes annoy me haha

I gotta say. I'll never get tired of this. I was so mad when it didn't break but then you found a way to break it anyways. Much better.

That was way too cool. There is something just so fascinating with watching thing being destroyed in slow motion!

Keep it up!

I was struck with a desire to thank you for making a show that was essentially composed of 1% time shooting and 95% time sweeping up broken stuff.

(Don't know what you guys did the remaining 4% time but I thank you for that as well.)

I think this needs explosives to be truly interesting, or hot chicks breathing fire in little clothes.

Suskie:
As someone who can solve a Rubik's Cube -- quite easily -- I'm having a good time reading over these comments.

It makes me feel...

...superior.

indeed. Best time is 2:15.

The Random One:
I was struck with a desire to thank you for making a show that was essentially composed of 1% time shooting and 95% time sweeping up broken stuff.

(Don't know what you guys did the remaining 4% time but I thank you for that as well.)

last 4% is probably editing and sound.

I would like to see a follow-up to this in a few months with a 4x4x4 cube. The Rubik's brand 4x4x4 has a different internal mechanism than the 3x3x3.

I also have a 4x4 that I hate and would be willing to donate (I have since replaced it with a pair of Eastsheen 4x4s that don't bind and pop nearly as much).

Both runs were beautiful to watch.

I think they may actually top the paperweight.

A victory for science.

A victory for science.

I kinda want Rubik's Cube cufflinks now. Seeing that little yellow piece sitting in the center of the tape made me realize how awesome they would be.

Hmm, this is my first time checking this series out. I like it :)

GrahamS:
We'll be watching the requests though, for when we shoot more.

Then may I request:

*a jar full of Skittles
*Jello
*an ornament full of glitter
*two differently-colored glass balls swinging as pendulums toward each other (it's still considered dropping... Sort of...)

A glass baby doll, I hate those things.

wow Paul is so bored without Graham

My Grandfather could easily do the Rubik's Cube. He owned 2 and us Grandkids would mix them up and leave. We'd come back and they'd be perfectly done again.

He could also do the Rubik's star (which is an advanced Rubik's Cube).

He also had a Rubik's Snake (but I'm not sure how it works).

Unfortunately, Alzheimer's claimed his mind before his life a few years ago...

Must have the music to this series.

Also, as a tribute to the fantastic movie Office Space, do you think you guys could drop a HP Laserjet II? The Laserjet II is the only one I know of that resembles the design of the one used in Office Space and has the PC LOAD LETTER error message. Oh, also, a stapler, the red one. You know the one I mean.

Looks like the next one is a 'Three-Wolf Moon' in statue form.... Should be entertaining =)

I believe its a Swingline stapler. Just make sure you have a fire extinguisher at the ready.

Someone suggested dropping a 360, I'd go with the older Xbox, just because I want to watch the floor break in slow motion.

The slow motions on this one was quite pretty. It's because the bits stayed the same shape but seem to float in the air

-M

Needs more deck...

Thank you Paul for Solving that Cube for us.
Graham if I think of anything good I will let you guys know.

Perhaps a Still Running Laptop.

... was that my rubik's cube? That I solved in my pants?

FYI, Mr Kirkland was not happy that you broke his rubix cube =P

Poetic :')

Yup that is how i solve a Rubik's cube.

That drop had me Puzzled.

Pages PREV 1 2 3

Reply to Thread

Have an account? Login below:
With Facebook:Login With Facebook
or
Username:  
Password:  

Not registered? To sign up for an account with The Escapist: