Unskippable: Let's Play: Legaia 2: Part 1

Pages PREV 1 2 3 NEXT

Lol Legaia 2's story was as poor as a matchstick girl, but I was rather fond of the upgrading / combining system they had going. I turned optional bosses and the final boss into swiss cheese with 100% more holes because of just how badly it could be exploited, but it was good times, xD Not to mention some of the special attacks were pretty badass, take Kazan's Mystic art for example..

Anytime you come across an old man who can summon a spirit to throw a giant-ass boulder into the air just so the same old man can punch it right back down at his enemy..? Yeah, you don't mess with that.

jeeze, and to think I have the first one on PS1

Timbydude:

CaptainCrunch:
Pub Club Exclusive: members get early access to the whole set of 17 videos!

$20/year gets you into the cool kid's club, loaded with features and benefits. Sign up HERE to get access to Publisher's Club.

For those that already have the golden E, here's a link to the premium gallery:
http://www.escapistmagazine.com/videos/view/lets-play-premium

Thanks for the heads up!

I have to say, though, the first of these is rather...bare. It was basically Graham and Paul talking about what the rest of the feed would be like, technical difficulties included. Though, I do actually enjoy the authentic feed instead of an edited montage of the various parts.

It's like eating the crust before the rest of the sammich. Next week we reach peanut butter!

Thanks for posting this guys. Haven't commented on your Unskippable videos before (they speak for themselves, what's there for me to add? :P) but I was depressed I didn't get to catch the live stream of this, given that Unskippable is probably my favorite show on the Escapist. So, awesome that you're finally getting up, I look forward to the rest coming soon!

And keep up all that strong work.

Oh well, only seven more days till the next vid.

... I have to wait until January to watch all of these?
On one hand, not fair, I want to watch them now.
On the other hand... best birthday present ever.

Well, at least I'm able to catch all I didn't see before too long... the club thing sucks a bit for non-club members, but I understand why they did it. Gives a nice little treat to the people who support them.

Also, we need more Let's Plays! It was fun.

You know what's funny? How they spend half the time talking. Really, it is.

As a non-publisher club member I have one question. When all the videos are released will there be an option to watch each chunk on its own with a commercial as well as the hulu type option of one set of ads then the whole thing with no ads breaking it up?

Please find a way to copy hulu for this, I prefer all my ads before a video not mixed in, especially if it is meant to be watched as one episode.

-2fish

I was wondering how long it was going to take for the publisher club pushing to really kick in.

Excellent! I recently got Legend of Legaia (The first game.) on the PS1 again a few months back after loving it about 10 years ago. I saw this and was like 'Surely this isn't the second one!?' and yup. It was. Makes me so much happy.

I saw the whole thing live when they played it, so I don't know if I'll be following this.

Ben Fishbein:
What's the difference between this and premium

You don't have to wait until January to see the last episode if you're Premium. Otherwise, not a lot.

Just to let you all know, I enjoyed Legend of Legaia 2. Was far better than the original. Yeah graphics were meh, story was also a bit meh and the battle system is really annoying (unless you go straight to gamefaqs) but it was fun overall.

Hey they need something to sell their Pub Club to people. As much as I really want to watch the rest I don't blame them for doing this.

samsonguy920:

It's like eating the crust before the rest of the sammich. Next week we reach peanut butter!

That's the greatest comparison ever ;D

OOOOOOOOOOOoooooooooohhhhh ^^ hehe "Unskippable", now I get it. Plus the show is so good you just can't skip it, right?

Looking forward for the continuation.
hcjh84bkhdukht9jhtthe7ho6et39uhk7bkukubkhutetSteffe?

I would advice that next time put your mics a little bit lower because you breathed quite heavily on the mics.

Oh lord...I remember that game. It was the only game I've ever seen sold in a Rite-Aid.

That alone was enough to keep me from buying it.

Another great show from the LRR crew! I can't think of a better praise than the fact I feel like it went by in mere minutes, when it's actually two hours long. Time sure does fly when you're laughing out loud. Keep up the good work :)

CaptainCrunch:

$20/year gets you into the cool kid's club, loaded with features and benefits. Sign up HERE to get access to Publisher's Club.

Thank you, thank you, thank you. I missed it when it was actually live, it happened during one of my getting on the Escapist dry spells. It happen the night before I came back.

Now I am extremely happy I got the pub club membership when it was on sale back when it came into existence. Not to say that $20 is bad, I would have paid 20 if it had been 20 then. It is definitely worth the money. It is better than many games I ended up paying $20 dollars for when the price went down on them. And it is pretty much unheard of to get a membership in anything for less then 2 bucks a month.

CaptainCrunch:

theriddlen:

CaptainCrunch:

Boo!

I wanted to watch the whole thing, as i missed some parts of live, but this is bloody outrageous!

You can watch the whole thing, even without paying the $20. You'll just have to wait until January 31, 2011 for all 17 parts to be public.

wow the seems like the last episode will be my 18th birthday present from lrr and the escapist =)...or you know coincidence =p shame i missed this but i was doing touristy stuff in vancover cant really complain though as i got to see lrr live whilst i was in canada (still best day of the vacation by far =D)

GrahamS:
Legaia 2: Part 1

Graham and Paul finally let a game stand on more than its intro. It crumples almost immediately.
Enjoy this replay of the live feed and share in their pain.

Watch Video

I'm very glad the recording wasn't as bad as the live feed, I was so curious to see what I missed during those horrendous technical difficulties

The Random One:

JodaSFU:
It isn't exactly boding well that they used YouTube to establish a baseline quality for this LP. And, why would I pay $20 a year to watch the rest of it, when I already have access to, in my opinion, some of the best quality LPs on the internet from a one-time $10 purchase?

I laugh at you paying $10 to read the SA reviews when they are stored offsite and I can read them for free.

LAUGH I SAY.

Actually, those are the ones that get put up on the LP Archive website. Which can take a while to do, considering the number of LPs the SA community make.

For instance, I was waiting for the continuation of a UFO LP saga, which started with XCOM: Apocalypse and (at the point where I read it) finished with UFO: Aftermath. I was going to read the UFO: Aftershock one, but oh crap, I didn't have an account with archive access and couldn't read it because it was older than 6 months!

It's only now I can read that Aftershock LP.

i saw the live rebroadcast,I hope for the return of A Tool

Good God, first six minutes are so boring! I began to suspect they were deliberately trolling at 5:30, at about the fifteenth "Without further ado". Then they kept ado'ing until 6:30. Aagh. Trialling.

Very nice.

quick question to Graham and Paul. Out of all the games you have given the unskippable treatment, how many games did you actually enjoy?

Wow!

When I saw the title, I could only think: WTF is this game.

But shortly after it actually begun, I said out loud: It's THAT JRPG!

You lucked out, to tell the truth. For JRPGs, this one has a very interesting and innovative combat system. Well, the story is the same old, but at least grinding isn't as aggravating as the usual for JRPGs. So you lucked out big.

that was simply depressing..

that was amazing! bring it back please. i just watched the rest of the episodes (pub club ftw) and they are amazing. lets see a monthly lets play!

Rex Dark:
Whrn will the next live let's play be?

Monday next week.

anyway, this video made my day very sexy. awesome, can't wait for more.

Rex Dark:

Donojosh:
Unless you are a Pub Club member. You have to wait till next week (for the next 17ish week). Fantastic. :(

Will it be live?
Also: Why wasn't I informed of this?

Like graham said they mentioned it at the beginning of an unskippable a while back when the live event actually happened. Now the recordings have been broken into chunks and posted.

As for all the publishers club business I think it is a great investment. I have had it for a couple months and enjoy seeing all of the ENN rejected, not waiting for ads, and now seeing the LP all in one large chunk.

Ahlycks:

Rex Dark:

Monday next week.

Will they post an announcement on Facebook and will it be at around the same time? If so, I need to sleep during that day. 3:00 am. Boo Australia.

Creator002:

Ahlycks:

Rex Dark:

Monday next week.

Will they post an announcement on Facebook and will it be at around the same time? If so, I need to sleep during that day. 3:00 am. Boo Australia.

whoops, i commented on this one by accident. Anyway, it sounds like it would be pretty close because they were talking about doing it again and it's been a month, but a doubt it will be on monday this week. Maybe next week, but they will probably give you a heads up a few days before they actually do it like they did last time, so as long as you check the escapist daily you should be fine, i think.

Why did you keep in all of the waiting around and not being able to get things started? That seems like the exact kind of thing you should cut out of an uploaded video.

Pages PREV 1 2 3 NEXT

Reply to Thread

Have an account? Login below:
With Facebook:Login With Facebook
or
Username:  
Password:  

Not registered? To sign up for an account with The Escapist:
Register With Facebook
Register With Facebook
or
Registered for a free account here