Trailers: Call of Duty: Black Ops Single Player Trailer

Pages 1 2 NEXT

Call of Duty: Black Ops Single Player Trailer

Fight the world's secret wars - but be careful - because officially you do not exist.

Watch Video

misposted XD

DTWolfwood:
Wondered if anyone watch Hour One last night on Gametrailers. Color me NOT impressed by this game. :(

Single player AI is useless and buggy... Infinite Pistol Ammo... Same soundtrack as Call of Duty... Same look for that matter >.<

O wells i can wait for this game to hit the bargain bin and pick it up then (which will probably happen a week or two after Black Ops ships). Sorry EA, MoH isn't cool enough to warrant my day1 purchase money. D:

Awesome Trailer tho. Then again that is the point right? XD

You know, oddly enough, Call of Duty: Black Ops is going to have the same soundtrack and look as Call of Duty, because it IS Call of Duty.

Did you mispost? Because this is a thread for the trailer of Black Ops, not a MoH thread.

Although how in the hell you clicked on this, watched the trailer that said BLACK OPS and TREYARCH in big letters in it, then went back to the thread that also clearly states that it's Black Ops is beyond my powers of comprehension.

It really looks interesting. However, pretty much anything can look cool in a trailer, so...

Awesome. I am definitely psyched for this game. Picking up Dead Rising 2, Castlevania, and Enslaved today. This will round out my Fall purchases.

Looking good, waiting for the real thing.

What is it about the COD engine* that lends itself so well to the general life of a Military Helicopter, whether it be hanging around with its Chopper friends, flying fast or the large amount of gratuitous CopterCide the games tend to have. Seriously, COD games have the best Copter Deaths of any game!, and it looks like this one is no different.

*(which I believe is a heavily modified Quake 3 engine, correct me if I'm wrong)

That terrible, terrible shotgun thing he did on the snowmobile reminded me of the absolute explosive diarrhea-fest that is the MW2 multiplayer.

Perhaps I'll give this game a go if my lil' brother decides to waste his money.

Looks good, but then this is the trailer after all. I'll get it, probably. The online looks good and CoD games are always at least competent shooters.

So MoH gets a shitstorm for including the Taliban but this gets by unhindered?....huh

popepaul3:
So MoH gets a shitstorm for including the Taliban but this gets by unhindered?....huh

It's because Afghanistan is an ongoing conflict. The skirmishes between countries in the Cold War happened years ago.

ColdStorage:

*(which I believe is a heavily modified Quake 3 engine, correct me if I'm wrong)

It is, or at least it has been until part 4.

Still looks great, though.

OT: Not "Infamy" or anything, but it's good enough.

I'm already excited so this doesn't change my mind.

popepaul3:
and....

I think he explained it pretty well, actually.

Also, I'm pretty sure that countries that are represented here as the bad guys will NOT be happy about it.

The Taliban thing is an ongoing conflict where USA is definitely not the clear winner.

The Cold War, on the other hand, is not.

This is so much casual garbage. I've seen a little more than this trailer, and it's all trash- for instance, the helicopter on rails sequence, presumably for the people who couldn't pilot a helo worth shit in BC2... well, I guess they *have* waited a long time to be handed their masculine pride back on a plate.

How could anybody (other than the scrubs mentioned above) be looking forward to this...

Edit: If anybody hunts down that video, you might also notice the low recoil on everything. Is this how it's always been, or has it been made even more arcadey this time around? I *did* play Modern Warfare 2, but being honest, I just can't remember.

popepaul3:

I don't mean to defend them, but the reasoning behind their stupid shitstorm is because it's based in an actual conflict, while this is not.

popepaul3:
and....

People are dying NOW in Afghanistan. The deaths of those in Vietnam etc. happened a long time ago, and, as such, it's viewed as viable. The people whose families were affected by the Vietnam war got over it a long time ago and, as such, don't care. The Afghanistan war is still raging and the people affected have not recovered. As such, it generates controversy.

Terminator 2 style motorcycle chase? :)

Candidus:
This is so much casual garbage. I've seen a little more than this trailer, and it's all trash- for instance, the helicopter on rails sequence, presumably for the people who couldn't pilot a helo worth shit in BC2... well, I guess they *have* waited a long time to be handed their masculine pride back on a plate.

How could anybody (other than the scrubs mentioned above) be looking forward to this...

Did you like the COD4 campaign?

Candidus:

Oh dear.

A scripted sequence does not warrant simplicity - it warrants action, excitement, set pieces.

By insulting the people who look forward to a game without any actual reasoning or even common sense, don't you think that you make them look like the better side to you with your pointless, inept comments that don't even succeed in properly conveying why the Call Of Duty series could be considered "casual".

I saw a Model 1887... why, Treyarch, why?

So war is cool as long as its not recent..cool

JourneyThroughHell:

A scripted sequence does not warrant simplicity - it warrants action, excitement, set pieces.

Ahhh, I guess you and I take a very different view of set pieces.

A set piece is everything that a game *isn't* supposed to be about. Movies are about set pieces. Cramming one into your game invariably means the gamer's ability to self determine and affect surroundings gets sacrificed either partially or entirely in order to facilitate you seeing a number of explosions in the best possible light...

In my *opinion*, this isn't something we should be awarding points for. It should be something we award staggering penalties for.

Cant wait enough for this game. Looks like an awful lot of fun and for once might have a new, interesting and well written story.

Also I saw what looked like a game of russian roulette. I might be wrong though.

Wait a minute, the name they were redacting just after the 30 second mark was "Captain Alex Mason". Wasn't that the name of the dude from the new Red Faction game?

Do my eyes deceive me, or did I just see a Model 1887?

Bad memories...

socialtangent:
Do my eyes deceive me, or did I just see a Model 1887?

Bad memories...

Well... It COULD be a Winchester Model 1901? :P
Model 1887 wasen't build strong enough to use modern gunpowder, so it would be unrealistic for any game set in modern times to use it... ... Waaaait a minute...

Definitely like the Terminator 2 and Deer Hunter references/cameos in there.

I'll probably pick this up awhile down the road when its much cheaper, there are more games coming out that interest me much more, and I'm short on cash

Did anyone notice that the captain is named "Alex Mason"? Is it just me, or is that a shout-out to something...?

GOD DAMMIT BLACK OPS YOU (mostly) STOLE MY IDEA OF A MILITARY GROUP WHO FIGHT SECRET WARS! HOW IS IT THAT EVERY TIME I THINK I CAME UP WITH SOMETHING ORIGINAL IT'S ALREAD BEEN

FUCKING

DONE?!

WAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAABULANCE PLEASE!

This will be bad really bad

HT_Black:
Did anyone notice that the captain is named "Alex Mason"? Is it just me, or is that a shout-out to something...?

Yeah, It's Just one letter off.

Moonpooman:

HT_Black:

Yeah, It's Just one letter off.

One letter is the world.

Oh, wait. Yeah, you're right.

Pills_Here:
Wait a minute, the name they were redacting just after the 30 second mark was "Captain Alex Mason". Wasn't that the name of the dude from the new Red Faction game?

Did you notice that Imram Zakhaev was in the trailer too?

Oh SNAP! Looking forward to this game.

MurderousToaster:

DTWolfwood:
Wondered if anyone watch Hour One last night on Gametrailers. Color me NOT impressed by this game. :(

Single player AI is useless and buggy... Infinite Pistol Ammo... Same soundtrack as Call of Duty... Same look for that matter >.<

O wells i can wait for this game to hit the bargain bin and pick it up then (which will probably happen a week or two after Black Ops ships). Sorry EA, MoH isn't cool enough to warrant my day1 purchase money. D:

Awesome Trailer tho. Then again that is the point right? XD

You know, oddly enough, Call of Duty: Black Ops is going to have the same soundtrack and look as Call of Duty, because it IS Call of Duty.

Did you mispost? Because this is a thread for the trailer of Black Ops, not a MoH thread.

Although how in the hell you clicked on this, watched the trailer that said BLACK OPS and TREYARCH in big letters in it, then went back to the thread that also clearly states that it's Black Ops is beyond my powers of comprehension.

Nice. Very nice.

i bet the helicopters are going to be "running on fumes" like always...

Khaiseri:

Pills_Here:

ok so i'm not crazy...

Shit, I'm interested...

Khaiseri:

Pills_Here:

YOU LIE!

*Checks*

EDIT: To be honest I find it funny that most believed Treyarch to be in IW's shadow, but now that they're gone I guess Activision cracked the whip on that studio, because this looks very interesting.

Pages 1 2 NEXT

Reply to Thread

Have an account? Login below:
With Facebook:Login With Facebook
or
Username:  
Password:  

Not registered? To sign up for an account with The Escapist:
Register With Facebook
Register With Facebook
or
Register for a free account here