Daily Drop: Tomato

Pages 1 2 NEXT

Tomato

Simple. Had to be done. Still more effective when thrown at mimes.

Watch Video

Nice idea for a bonus :D Shame not much happened but it still made me chuckle :3

That moustrap thing was a cool idea, I just wish there had been an actual "tomato surprise."

That was... lame...

To quote a common Adam Carolla saying: "this is why the terrorists hate us." We're so rich that we see no problem with destroying stuff for fun.

Totally awesome though. Do an old-school computer monitor!

Prof. Monkeypox:
That moustrap thing was a cool idea, I just wish there had been an actual "tomato surprise."

That was... lame...

Yes, that was lame.

Any way, what is it about slow-motion falling objects that I like so much?

Only issue I have with this is being in the UK right now I get this at end of Day, getting this first thing (US) or midday (UK) would absolutely make my day.

love the show the drops are awesome. Rubiks cube my fave so far!

I know it defeats the premise of "The Daily Drop" by I would love to see some of these things hucked at the ground as hard as Canadian might is legally allowed.

All I can think of is that the music is the same track for that damn advert where The Escapist told us to vote for them in the Webby's. I got sick of that advert

Great drop though

Maybe the traps weren't spectacular, but i still find it amazing the way the trap on the left propells its self away from the smooth surface of the tomato.

Next week its one of those wierd ball toys. I was given something like it as a present before; i wondered what it was and concluded that is was a ball with many many nipples. Boing. It won't break, but i hope something interesting happens.

Splat. Not really a winner is it.

crotalidian:
Only issue I have with this is being in the UK right now I get this at end of Day, getting this first thing (US) or midday (UK) would absolutely make my day.

No complaining. Being in Aus, I get it at 3 in the morning.
(The only reason I'm still up is because I'm the master of procrastinating. So much so that I'm still up even though I need to be up again in 4 hours, and I didn't even want to stay up this late. So... G'night. :P )

Interesting that with the mouse traps, the tomato was damaged less... Keep the bonuses coming, they make it even more interesting to see what'll happen. ^_^

I didn't expect the mousetrap to fly off like that, but when I think about it, it makes sense.

Ok, NOW we're talking!

I think that more splatty objects are making for more fun. Perhaps you should do Tomatoe 2.0 and instead of dropping, it's thrown. And instead of a target, it's a mime's face....

Loved the bonus part with the mousetrap. Not as dramatic as I'd like, but I'm enjoying the Daily Drop so far.

AssassinJoe:

Prof. Monkeypox:

That was... lame...

Yes, that was lame.

Any way, what is it about slow-motion falling objects that I like so much?

The only thing better than slow motion falling objects?
Slow motion exploding objects...

I wanted to see more falling food and there it is. Tomorrow's looks like it probably won't be as entertaining from a breakability standpoint, but I'll still watch.
I suppose it is just a matter of time, but how about a Christmas tree ornament? or possibly a Jack-O-lantern?

So what happens if you get tomato juice on the camera?

I kinda enjoyed the splat, but I was hoping it'd flatten a bit more, but it is the "daily drop" as opposed to the "daily hurl"

I recommend throwing.
Dropping is good, and I've enjoyed every version of this new 'series', but for seriously hilarious splats? I thinking throwing would really fit the bill. Throw that tomato!

Hmmmm...

Just a suggestion, perhaps depending on how cheap the object is, you could have one just drop, and one throw, and depending on the situation, add something that'll make it splat more. :)

Oh I love this show!

Well that wasn't quite as good as I expected. I was hoping for a bit more of an explosion, but it just sort of tore a bit and leaked. Still interesting though, and I liked the bonus.

I can guess what will happen for tomorrow's: nothing. It's just going to bounce. I've seen those things before and they are decently tough. Doesn't help its like an inflated ball (well I guess it is technically an inflated ball). I wouldn't mind being proven wrong though. If it doesn't do anything interesting, I guess you guys will do something cool to make up for it.

crotalidian:

Because LRR (and by proxy, ENN, Unskippable, and this) is based in Victoria, they're at GMT-8, which is partly why a 10am upload for them ends up at 6pm for you.

Weak one today. The bonus made it slightly better but the paper weight still hasn't been beaten. Stick to things that smash, they're way more fun.

I agree with some people, you should change it to daily throw...Or daily shot from cannon...Or daily explosion. Not everything that's is dropped works all that well. That or you should get higher.

Could we please get a close up at one point. I'd like to see every detail, every vibration of the damn tomato.

I like the mouse trap bonus, but it's too bad the tomato didn't hit all four. Also, how do you pick which items will be dropped? Tomorrow's item looks like a dog's chew toy or something, and I don't see it breaking upon impact, unless you were to freeze it..

Wilcroft:

crotalidian:

Because LRR (and by proxy, ENN, Unskippable, and this) is based in Victoria, they're at GMT-8, which is partly why a 10am upload for them ends up at 6pm for you.

Before any of our video contributors has their work seen, someone (in this case, me) has to make sure the videos are working / not filled with flying penises, before the general public gets to see it.

Anyway, pretty much all of our videos go live at either 9AM or noon, GMT-5.

Awesome! Take that you tomatoey feind!

This show needs either more height or more gravity!

Why is this so awesome?

I love it.

Mousetrap! Brilliant idea.

I love how the tomatoe hits, deflates, inflates, then deflates again. This show is so intresting. I love the music changes as well :D Can't wait to see the ball bounce back up and maybe hit something on the roof:?

I dunno. I feel like it's a consequence of the camera, but every episode the drop is over instantly and then we just see the leftovers stop flying one by one. I think I'm speaking for everyone here when I say that I watch it mostly for the impact and the next second of motion rather than the aftermath with all the little bits returning to the floor.

I am glad that you've so far restrained yourselves from using force rather than just the gravity of the drop, I don't think "Daily throwing shit at the floor with all our might" sounds as good.

Would have been better if there was an axe on the floor.

Strapped to a chainsaw.

Covered with C4 charges.

On fire.

Cool stuff, but I agree with the people before me that the ladder needs to be much higher.

Next time, go with rat traps, they'd cut that tomato in two.

Pages 1 2 NEXT

Reply to Thread

Your account does not have posting rights. If you feel this is in error, please contact an administrator. (ID# 64770)