Daily Drop: Tomato

Pages PREV 1 2

Mumorpuger:
I know it defeats the premise of "The Daily Drop" by I would love to see some of these things hucked at the ground as hard as Canadian might is legally allowed.

Me too. Smash that stuff on the ground, who cares if it's dropped? The harder the impact, the better the slow-mo.

You needed to drop something on top of the tomato to get the best splatter effect. In your next series, if you get a chance to rent the high speed camera again, you can drop things on top of other things.

I still think you need explosives to truly make the video worth watching =D!

How slow's the camera? I'd like to know because it took about 12 frames for the trap to jump from release to hitting, and I'm curious about how fast that is.

Whoa... How is it that it does LESS damage when dropped on a mouse trap? o_O

I'm enjoying this series, and I'm hoping there'll be more "explodey" items dropped. Also, maybe just a minor complaint, but I feel like the drop could be even slower... They always seem to hit the ground too quickly and the best moment (immediately after impact) is over all too soon.

Keep up the great work!

As simple and kind of insipid is this whole show's concept is, it's oddly entertaining.

This series brings me so much joy...

You should drop something made of the kind of glass that shatters into little little pieces. I once saw someone drop a drinking glass made of that on a floor and it was absolutely pulverized into tiny pieces.

this was pretty cool, although the bonus was kinder poor but yeah also has anyone else notice the lack of popularity since the teaser?

AssassinJoe:

Prof. Monkeypox:
That moustrap thing was a cool idea, I just wish there had been an actual "tomato surprise."

That was... lame...

Yes, that was lame.

Any way, what is it about slow-motion falling objects that I like so much?

The folks at LRR liek to be paid and they didn't want to come up with an original concept. Still a terrible terrible waste of time.

Shame it didn't pulverise but the spray created a nice effect and the mouse traps were fun to watch.

i still say they should drop it from way higher! XD

Unfortunate that the bonus didn't get as splooshy as I'd hope. Perhaps being dropped from a higher point would help? One other thing, already mentioned, is that it would be great to watch the impact and immediate following second at a slower rate.

I've really enjoyed this series so far, mainly because of the intro. It just... works. Keep it up guys!

Bonus round! Never liked Tomato anyway -=D

CaptainCrunch:
Before any of our video contributors has their work seen, someone (in this case, me) has to make sure the videos are working / not filled with flying penises, before the general public gets to see it.

So, does that mean we're not going to see any dildos on the Daily Drop?

[I hope this doesn't get me banhammered, but I just had to ask. Not out of any particular desire to see it, but it just seemed to follow on from your statement.]

The mouse traps, they do nothink! NOOTHIINKK!!

Yes. Higher ladder. The concept is sound but until you have yourself a better drop point, it's just you dropping things on the floor. Actual smashes would make this series frickin' fantastic.

You could have dropped a brick on the tomato or something, for example.

Miral:

CaptainCrunch:
Before any of our video contributors has their work seen, someone (in this case, me) has to make sure the videos are working / not filled with flying penises, before the general public gets to see it.

So, does that mean we're not going to see any dildos on the Daily Drop?

[I hope this doesn't get me banhammered, but I just had to ask. Not out of any particular desire to see it, but it just seemed to follow on from your statement.]

You're probably not going to see a slow motion dildo drop, but if it gets uploaded someone will have to watch it - probably me.

BTW, I used flying penises is a reference to Second Life.

I honestly have no idea what to make of this series. :) But hey! You guys got a sweet camera!! Can't wait to see what you use it for in other things. :D

I expected more SPLAT

A little disappointing but fun nevertheless. The tomato, it bleeds!

Personally I think it is a waste of a good tomato. The proper way to use a tomato is let it rot than throw it at lousy actors at the theater.

Firworks + Slow Motion Cam + Food = Win!

Just a suggestion. :D

darn.

oh well, next time attach a firework to it!

How did I not see this....this is...Monday October 18th....wow...*facepalm*

Maldark:
Next time, go with rat traps, they'd cut that tomato in two.

That's exactly what I was thinking.

Perhaps we should get some sort of encore with rat traps Paul. Maybe with an overly ripe fruit or vegetable.

Hmmm. Not as messy as I thought, but still fun.

Gingernerd:
Maybe the traps weren't spectacular, but i still find it amazing the way the trap on the left propells its self away from the smooth surface of the tomato.

Yeah, The mouse traps seemed to lessen the impact, if anything.

The video didn't synch up with the sound. I thought it would never ketchup.

Pages PREV 1 2

Reply to Thread

Have an account? Login below:
With Facebook:Login With Facebook
or
Username:  
Password:  

Not registered? To sign up for an account with The Escapist:
Register With Facebook
Register With Facebook
or
Register for a free account here