Escapist News Network: Room to Grow

Pages PREV 1 2

but..cyclops is the only cool one

14ft living room? Pfft! Yeah, if you're poor. Now a 65ft living room? That's on your way to middle class ;) (Btw, upper class living rooms are about two or three football fields.)

The banter about Cyclops at the ends was really funny. From what I understand, he is a dick in the comics.

Bringing up the Game Boat was probably the killing point of the episode for me. If only because it's the most worthless thing to ever be marketed.

I'm assuming that Microsoft didn't try testing their Kinect in a typical home environment.

I have a 48 foot living room so HAH! Or, truthfully I wanted the kinect but if that is serious DAMN YOU PAUL! Microsoft

HankMan:
Authoritative, Steadfast, Punctual, Alive ENN

Keava:
Maybe...maybe they want you to use Kinect in the outdoors? Maybe it's a devious, mischievous and very cunning plan to lure the basement dwelling gamer crowd outside, into the big wide world !

And i want to kill Cyclops too...

The way things are going, soon you're gunna need that boat just to get to the other side of your new 'living room'
And I think we all want a chance to kill Cyclops
... With Wolverine! Jean Grey is MINE! >)

Jean would be the second in the morgue if I thought she'd actually stay dead.

Why does everyone hate Cyclops?

i have a big enough living room.

It's funny 'cause no one likes Cyclops.

NO ONE.

Keava:
Maybe...maybe they want you to use Kinect in the outdoors? Maybe it's a devious, mischievous and very cunning plan to lure the basement dwelling gamer crowd outside, into the big wide world !

Two things:
1) My basement is larger than the living room as is most basements I have seen and/or had adult beverages in. It would get me out of my living room, which has a large window facing the street and natural light, into a basement. They are enforcing the stereotype so no one will want to play it EXCEPT basement dwellers cause it smells weird down there. It will no longer be main stream, thus perfect for the avid gamer.

2) Me 3. Cyclops was always the D-bag that didn't realize he was the D-bag.

Good main story, but it just felt short. Good stinger too!
Lotta cyclops hate going on here. I don't like him that much either, but i want to know WHY.

McMarbles:
It's funny 'cause no one likes Cyclops.

NO ONE.

Yeah, he's gotten a lot better recently. This stupid vampire plot can go die in a fire for all I care, but he's certainly a lot better than he used to be.

If anyone needs to die a horrible, horrible death, it's wolverine.

Great episode. Loved the last bit during the credits.
cyclops must die

Jaredin:
I love it when Paul Talks science! Fantastic!

I love it when he takes to obvious that should have occured to the rest of us, like the space necessary for the Kinect. I will grant you, I have that much space in my apt, but that's because I have things arranged long-wise.

Huzzah being a spoiled rich kid who still lives with his parents pays off, my basement has a solid 22 feet across if you can avoid the sofa, pool table and dvd cabinet. Now I just need a reason to think kinect isn't a waste of time, space and money and I'm all set.

YYEEESSS!
GRAHAM I LOVE YOU!
LET'S KILL CYCLOPS TOGETHER!

Your living room is the same width as a basketball court

I loved Paul's segment about the space requirements for Kinect - I don't remember the last time I laughed that much during an ENN episode. Fantastic work this week, guys.

HankMan:
Authoritative, Steadfast, Punctual, Alive ENN

Keava:

The way things are going, soon you're gunna need that boat just to get to the other side of your new 'living room'
And I think we all want a chance to kill Cyclops
... With Wolverine! Jean Grey is MINE! >)

But Cyclops was my favorite. Sure he kind of had a stick up his ass but he was a team player and decent enough leader. Unlike that that renegade Wolverine.

LOL about the 'destiny' bit. I didn't even notice until Graham mentioned it.

Shouldn't Graham's rant about Medal of Honor been a Headshot segment? It would have been more along the lines of the format, methinks.

Very interesting measurement for the Kinect, there. Always nice to hear another reason not to buy it.

Jaredin:
I love it when Paul Talks science! Fantastic!

Sad part is he's right. I live in an apartment... There's no way I have the clearance for single player once your take my couch into the equation.

I love the "Can you kill cyclops" rant.

I love, love, LOVE this episode. Rather than just making fun of what someone said, they pointed out a real problem in the gaming industry- specifically the Kinect's shortcomings, and thoroughly explained it. What amuses me is that I haven't heard Sony mention this, although the Playstation move will be competing directly with them. This is one of the best examples I can think of to explain why you should get Playstation Move instead, and they apparently just missed this.

Excellent Work you guys! :)

Ah... this one was a beautiful episode through and through.
We even get a little of Home Improvement advice.
Great show.

I for one would also enjoy killing off Cyclops. I just never like his character. In the cartoon he was the best douche ever and in the comics he just never seemed to be an effective leader. It was more like yeah we only listen to you because Professor Xavier tells us to. Though he isn't the only member of the X-men I wouldn't mind letting die.

Cyclops is 1 of my fav X-man characters. and any1 can kikk wolvies azz, no-one kikked as much butt as cyke in the 1st x-men movie.

"Can I or can I not kill Cyclops?... I will also take 'create a situation in which Cyclops dies'."

I wonder if the developers will take that idea of yours into consideration, Graham.

And oh good god, that Game Boat is real....-_- (Does it work as a REAL boat?)

EA! No keep the Talaban. Instead 9-11 burn your Koran Day. Well do 9-11 burn an EA Day! /whoo-hoo!

Pugiron:
Ohh if only I could have killed cyclops before the whole Nathan Summers shit started.

Haha, nobody likes Cyclops.

Pages PREV 1 2

Reply to Thread

Have an account? Login below:
With Facebook:Login With Facebook
or
Username:  
Password:  

Not registered? To sign up for an account with The Escapist:
Register With Facebook
Register With Facebook
or