Trailers: Super Meat Boy 90s Commercial

Super Meat Boy 90s Commercial

What a trailer for Super Meat Boy might have looked like in the early 90s.

Watch Video

Diden't know that they had 360 controllers back in the 90s :/

Haha, that was great! Definitely perked my interest in the game.

Whoa.

That got my attention.

Wow... facemelter! It's commercials like this that actually make want to play it

Dat shit be oldshcool!
On another note, I may buy it but sidescrollers aren't really my thing. Except for LBP.

"Press the buttons!"

They had those in the 90's. I remember it.

Get N or Get Out!!

Whiskey Echo!!
Mythgraven

I miss these horribly exagerated 90's commercials, it really got me interested on this game. I'll wait for it to be released on Steam.

I don't know what it is, but exploding chunks of meat just really grosses me out.

But it doesn't have Blast Processing!

Was this really how ads were back then? O_o

"PUSH THE BUTTONS!"

It was very 90s but the game still sucks ass (in my opinion)

i don't know what that was but i want it now!

The 90s look...scary X3

"And! A! Story! That! Will! Melt! Your! FACE!"

XD

Chrono212:
The 90s look...scary X3

XD

agreed
cant sleep 90's will eat me

Rofl, this is the best. I totally want to play meatboy now.
MEATBOY!

Were commercials in the 90s always that in your face?

imnotparanoid:

Chrono212:
The 90s look...scary X3

XD

agreed
cant sleep 90's will eat me

Doesn't make me not want to play the game :P
With that damn difficulty curve...

Were 90's commercials always that in your face?

SOOOO pissed off with Sony for not being interested in this game.

Definately oldschool right there.

I like how the person playing was always in really weird places playing the game, because they seriously had random backgrounds like that in 90's commercials.

I'm glad I didn't live in the 90's... wait I did... shit...

Must have blocked it all out

I remember seeing a Meatboy in a NewGrounds game, and that certainly was fun! I would get this game, but I need XBox points.

That was amazing.

Sounds more like late 80's to me.

It's certainly interesting and an attention getter but still doesn't sell me. Having a clever promotion team won't sell em so easily!

I dunno- that was an ok 90's ad, but why the hell did they make the kid some goth- Crow Wannabe? Is that really the target audience? They should have gone something a bit more properly 90's, like faded jeans, windcheater and a bum-bag or something daggy like that.

Squilookle:
I dunno- that was an ok 90's ad, but why the hell did they make the kid some goth- Crow Wannabe? Is that really the target audience? They should have gone something a bit more properly 90's, like faded jeans, windcheater and a bum-bag or something daggy like that.

Do you even remember the 90s? There wasn't a single Ad ON that was targeted at the right audience! That's the image that an old exec type guy will conjure up when he imagines a 'gamer' so it was used. As were the super hyperbolic 'colloquial' statements like 'Do the Math!' or 'are you a bad enough dude?' and my personal favourite 'Hella-Tight controls!'

The intro music reminds me of the old government campaigns for 'Your brain on Drugs', 'AIDS' and 'Piracy is a crime!'

Awesome.

Still won't be getting the game though...frankly the ad looks like the best part of it and only because it's so god awful it's funny...which was hopefully the point...

The fact that it asks, "Are you bad enough..." makes this awesome...

Sheinen:

-massive list of assumptions-

OK, yep, good work, just stereotype me when you know absolutely nothing about me. You couldn't be more wrong, either.

As for 90's ads not targeting the right audience, guess again

and again...

and again...

and again...

and again...

And again until you remember what 90s ads were actually like.

It's kind of interesting that you liked the ad but won't get the game, wheras I didn't like the ad but probably will get the game.

That was awesome x3 Wouldn't have made me want to get the game though if I didn't already know how awesome it was.

Ick, I just can't enjoy that kind of stuff... But I'll admit, "Push the buttons!" made me chuckle.

Lame, and over-exaggerated trailer/commercial aside, I'm looking forward to this game.

interesting music.

Squilookle:

Sheinen:

-massive list of assumptions-

OK, yep, good work, just stereotype me when you know absolutely nothing about me. You couldn't be more wrong, either.

As for 90's ads not targeting the right audience, guess again

and again...

and again...

and again...

and again...

And again until you remember what 90s ads were actually like.

It's kind of interesting that you liked the ad but won't get the game, wheras I didn't like the ad but probably will get the game.

Wait...what?
Are you angry with me?
Dude, I found the ad hilarious, well made and satirical to the hilt. I wasn't trying to dig at you, just point out the pure over the top fun of it that seemed to have glanced you by. If you want to twist your knickers over it go ahead, but you won't make many friends that way.

Reply to Thread

Have an account? Login below:
With Facebook:Login With Facebook
or
Username:  
Password:  

Not registered? To sign up for an account with The Escapist:
Register With Facebook
Register With Facebook
or
Registered for a free account here