WTT: Dignity 4 Fez

Pages PREV 1 2 3 NEXT

I had this one guy who kept trying to start a trade with me and probably everyone on the server. The only thing he kept saying is "Give me scrap". The whole thing is getting a little out of hand.

Arawn.Chernobog:
[2. Trade] Bonker: Were I can find [Enemy Spy]?
[2. Trade] Trollospy: Try your mum!

[1. General] Nooboman: LFG to run Dustbowl Def, I'm Demo-Knight specced, /w me.

Oh, my brain! You made it hurt!

Dok Zombie:
Panel 3... CatDog?

Fuck yeah.

ive been working on my catdog, i wanted to start putting him in the comic more just because hes (theyre?) awesome but i figured it wouldnt really pertain to much video game-wise... so a little doodle is fine.

Reminds me of yelling police under the eifel tower, they can run awful fast with all those souvenir's.

Mpppph mpfpppfppfh mppppph
"translation"
please buy my metal my family is starving and no one really plays this game that much anymore please buy please 'sob' 'sob'

Luckily in most decent servers, you can brush these guys away by mentioning "y'know they have Trade Servers, right?" They leave without saying goodbye, good bless 'em.

I wish i could murder spies like that with my medic. Mostly all I get a hate raped with a knife. :(

I didn't really mind trading until my brother got into TF2 again. Now all he does is complains that I don't trade with him.

Little did they realize Pyro was actually giving away server addresses where trading was banned!

Is that a drawing of... Catdog? this comic only gets better and better

Heh, so true.

I don't mind the trading actually. I managed to craft two of the new Sniper Items which made me pretty happy. Didn't have to spend a dime.
I can also get more neat hats now. I traded the Soldiers Drill Sergeant Hat (Which I didn't even know I had untill recently) for the Snipers Fishing Cap.

Overall I'm pretty satisfied.

Dok Zombie:
Panel 3... CatDog?

Fuck yeah.

Haha! I'm glad you pointed that out. I love the vintage references in these comics.

Oh it'll be like this for about a month and then everyone will have what they need and shut up.

Glad to see I'm not he only one irritated by all the haggling going on. Still, makes it easy when one goes Rage Pyro.

But why does everybody have to try an be a damned scam artist? Wanting 3 hats and two metal for a single Direct Hit, which can be picked up for $0.49, or by simply killing a soldier a few times.

I miss the old days, when all the spam was simple trolling. Now, as I skulk along, about to sap the engi's sentry, I get invited to trade by some yahoo I've never talked to before. And it takes that precious second to glance away from the target and see what that little pop-up is. Next thing I know, there's fire, screaming, bullets, and I've been left out. It just breaks my flow, man.

unacomn:
Aww, that poor Pyro. Buy some metal from him, that flamethrower fuel doesn't come cheap you know.

You may be biased towards Pyro. Just sayin'.

Yeah, trading is silly!
*Hides large pile of traded hats and weapons*

Irridium:
I've noticed that to.

Thanfully I go on servers that don't allow trading during gameplay :D

Oooooh, think you can toss some of those IPs my way?

I didn't even know that technology existed yet!

Mann Co. Crates aren't worth a Continental. Personally, I hope they make it so you can craft two or three crates together into metal.

Whaddya buyin' stranga?

Ahem, good show, very funny, because it's true.

At least there are trade servers now, which relieves a lot of the pressure from the normal servers. They're pretty spammy and chaotic, and even though they were extremely helpful in getting me the hats I wanted, I had nightmares about what it would be like if people were acting like that in every server.

Wang Wei:
I don't really see the point on trading in a fps when you can just as easily kill your enemies for the stuff they have. Funny stuff, keep it going.

Thing is, in most FPSes you don't get to keep the stuff you loot after you die. And besides, TF2 doesn't work that way. Not even close.

I can't believe Administrator is letting such blatant fraternization occur under her nose.

It calmed down fast, now it's generally only done on setup times etc. (I don't play 32man so don't count this for every server), and if so it's not traded mid-game, rather in another setup time or at some other point beyond the round.

It's a lot of fun to see how much you can get with your items, I've gone from one Soldier's stash to 8 quality hats.

Flying-Emu:

Wang Wei:
I don't really see the point on trading in a fps when you can just as easily kill your enemies for the stuff they have. Funny stuff, keep it going.

Someone hasn't played TF2 :D

wtb global trade channel for Tf2

Someone hasn't played an mmo with a global chat channel :D

DO NOT WANT Global chat.

So true.. Hopefully in a week or 2 once people get everything they want and the novelty of trading wears off (and dedicated trade servers pick up) then we can all go back to capping points and taking mysteriously identical briefcases from each other...

Those darn crates are like crack to me. I cannot leave them unopened, as then Obsessive Compulsive behaviours kick in. I thought then, ok I'll buy a bunch of keys so I don't have to keep buying them whenever a crate drops, and then I found I would be trading for crates all the time just to open then, a week later I have spent much more than I am ashamed to admit. Much much more than I would have paid for any game outright.

It comes only second to the amount I've spent on World of Warcraft expansions and monthly fees. Though by the amount I am spending per week on keys, the WoW addiction is cheaper, so I'm back playing WoW, go figure. I actually wish WoW would introduce more personal cosmetic changes for money.

As for trading itself, I have mostly been using TF2items to trade, but also trading a lot of stuff in-game as per requests.
I also have an unusual vintage tyrolean with flames, which looks pretty awesome.

As with TF2, whenever they introduce anything new, it gets hoarded over for a week or two until everyone has the new stuff, and then it dies down. I'd rather they keep adding fresh stuff to the game and keep it alive, rather than just let it stagnate and die.
However the game is getting to a point where adding new content is just going to over-saturate the existing content. It's nearly at that point now with the huge selection of weapons available, and hats adding to that mix.

uppitycracker:
This comic might actually be amusing, if it weren't so damn true...

QFT

The whole paint system's kind of fucking with the visuals too...hats were tolerable, neon-green ten gallon hats are a bloody eyesore.

ObsessiveSketch:

uppitycracker:

QFT

The whole paint system's kind of fucking with the visuals too...hats were tolerable, neon-green ten gallon hats are a bloody eyesore.

While I like most of the new weapons (new spy knife is my anti-drug), though some have been nerfed into oblivion already, the hats I'm not so fond of. A quick look at the developer commentary shows how much effort valve put into ensuring the silhouettes and how each and every class is supposed to be recognisable at a glance from any distance. The hats break up those silhouettes and make the game more visually confusing. Throw in extra colours to boot and you've got a recipe for eye strain.

Grey Carter:

ObsessiveSketch:

uppitycracker:

QFT

While I like most of the new weapons (new spy knife is my anti-drug), though some have been nerfed into oblivion already, the hats I'm not so fond of. A quick look at the developer commentary shows how much effort valve put into ensuring the silhouettes and how each and every class is supposed to be recognisable at a glance from any distance. The hats break up those silhouettes and make the game more visually confusing. Throw in extra colours to boot and you've got a recipe for eye strain.

I KNOW D:
3d Digital Arts major here, and listening to the developer commentary was like watching leonardo paint. :( Some of the hats I really didn't mind, since the color palette and visual style at least tried to match each class' personality, but it seems like paintable hats just undermines the palette limitations the original community designers were given! The very best thing that can happen right now is a client-based filter, for paint-on/paint-off. But y'know what's worse? Forums are hinting at a weapon-painting system. I didn't think they could ruin all that wonderful design work in only a month, but it sure looks like it's about to come crashing down T_T

Wang Wei:

Because if that was possible, everyone would have every item not making them rare and cool anymore..

srsly. TF2 has become ridiculous.

Eleima:
Oooooh, I like this one!!! It is so true!!! I've been playing since trading was implemented because of work, and ever time I get on a server now, I feel like the chat's flooded with trade offers. Thankfully, the Escapist server is not as bad as others.

Of course it isn't. They're too busy playing grab-ass to do anything remotely productive.

One thing that should be kept in mind about Team Fortress 2. In the wake of any major update, you're going to have a majority of the populace focused on the new content. Don't worry about trading, it will die down eventually when people run out of shit to trade. And dedicated trading servers are already emerging.

Side Note: Clutch being a horrible gamer is shown here again. Sniper does not push cart.

Andy Rooney: You know what I don't understand? Does anyone bitching about getting more out of TF2 actually even play this game? Do you realize that it's an FPS? Despite the kitsch and the humor, it's a very repetitive game. Yet people here constantly complain whenever content is added to keep the game fresh. I guess we're just supposed to make a cookie cutter TF3 to appease you guys. But then you'd complain about it being a sequel. Especially hilarious considering this game is a sequel. This game would have died out a long time ago if not for the stream of content that keeps people coming back. But I guess some find that preferable to having to suffer the slings and arrows of new ideas.

Here's a solution to your issue. If you don't like it, don't play it.

WTT Crate #2 for Polycount Hat ;)

Sir John the Net Knight:

Eleima:
Oooooh, I like this one!!! It is so true!!! I've been playing since trading was implemented because of work, and ever time I get on a server now, I feel like the chat's flooded with trade offers. Thankfully, the Escapist server is not as bad as others.

Of course it isn't. They're too busy playing grab-ass to do anything remotely productive.

One thing that should be kept in mind about Team Fortress 2. In the wake of any major update, you're going to have a majority of the populace focused on the new content. Don't worry about trading, it will die down eventually when people run out of shit to trade. And dedicated trading servers are already emerging.

Side Note: Clutch being a horrible gamer is shown here again. Sniper does not push cart.

If you look at the panel you'll see Clutch making a statement indicating he rarely pushes the cart. The idea is since every other player is busy a sniper and medic have to push the cart.

Pages PREV 1 2 3 NEXT

Reply to Thread

Your account does not have posting rights. If you feel this is in error, please contact an administrator. (ID# 54106)