Escape to the Movies: Red

Pages PREV 1 2 3 4 5 NEXT

I have been psyched for The Warrior's Way since I first saw the trailer about 26 hours ago.

I.

Can't.

Wait!

Scrumpmonkey:
Finally some good ninja screenstime! Cowboys vs. ninjas eh? When are we going to get the inevitable zombies vs. ninjas movie?

Already exist http://www.imdb.com/title/tt0094384/

Oh well, I thought that Jackass 3d would get the review this week. Good review though. Remember, all of those ninjas will get their ass kicked because one ninja is powerful. An army of them is useless.

Karl Urban? I remember him from Lord of the Rings, but I'm pretty sure his definitive role was this:
Rocking the mullethawk. Oh yes.

Made me chuckle. Good review, can't wait to see the movie.

I can't say I'm bitter about Judge Dredd when I've seen what you did to your own heroes when it came to their movies. I'm sure it was nothing personal. That aside; do the Empire proud or I'll send the Queen over there to kick some ass. She's a robot, you know, it's how she's lived so long. Yep, a steam-powered robot.

Well, I'm off to fly my umbrella to Ol' Lundun town and 'av me a tea party on the ceiling. Chim-chimeny-charoo, fish and chips, blimey, 'ows ya father? What, what.

Saw this movie earlier tonight, damn good. I definitely enjoyed it.

Yes, we are still mad. Dredd never EVER takes his helmet off for people to see who he is. V for Vendetta proved it can work. Joe Pineapples FTW

One hundred precent yes to "Ninjas... Damn" That's what got me to want to see it, and thats what is getting my mom to see it XD He she doesn't really care for that kind of thing.

But Both her and I REALLY want to see Red so thanks for telling me it's worth it at least XD

Watched RED yesterday, and I gotta say it's pretty hilarious. Willis and Malkovich deliver their lines flawlessly as always. was great fun, totally worth the 9 bucks.

i am amazed the EXPENDABLES BUT GOOD line was not used

That Hellfish episode was one of The Simpsons' finest.

Drakmeire:
In reality "Ninjas, Da-- *head cut off by said ninja*
I honestly think there have been better quotes in movies lately for memeic use.
My favorite meme to come out of this year was inspired by splice. It's Adrian Brody... well, being Adrien Brody

and no I don't know why it's so awesome either

Oh dear! That is entertaining! xD

OT: Fast forwarding to the very end; Nathan Fillion is about the only man alive I could stand to see fill the roll of Nathan Drake. :) His talent will be enough to fill any gaps that other actors would let seep through the cracks. And hey, as long as the director treats the movie like any other action adventure movie (preferably the good ones), it should be true to the source material! Let Nathan handle all the Drake stuff, and tada! Uncharted the movie. :)

I wanted to see RED as soon as I saw the first trailer. I don't know what exactly it was, but something about it instantly appealed to me. Glad to hear it's worth watching. I've got tickets for tomorrow.

The sneak peak at the end looks pretty cool, in a campy tarantino hipster kind of way I guess. Although if Geoffry Rush is in it, I'm down. I'm just worried about the whole pirates vs ninjas internet crowd who will ruin the entire experience for me.

"Nijas damn" personally is one of the worst lines i've ever heard

I just imagined the meme potential of "Ninjas. Damn".

I'll be smiling for the rest of the evening.

Loled at "Ninja's.... DAMN"

Drakmeire:
In reality "Ninjas, Da-- *head cut off by said ninja*
I honestly think there have been better quotes in movies lately for memeic use.
My favorite meme to come out of this year was inspired by splice. It's Adrian Brody... well, being Adrien Brody

and no I don't know why it's so awesome either

Lol wut?

Also, Karl Urban as the new Judge? God damn it! I just starting to look forward to the new Judge Dread film!

I really need to get out and see some of these movies...

Thought the movie was pretty great. The spinning car scene was ridiculously fake looking though. Other than that, not much to complain about.

I actually saw Warriors Way about 2 years ago at Park Road Post in NZ. Back then it was still called Laundry Warrior.

Its interesting to see how long it can take a movie to come out when the budget didnt allow for a large amount of advertising.

IMO tho it is a bloody fantastic movie, Danny Rush completely steals the spot-light in many scenes as the most bad-ass cowboy you'll ever see. Geoffry Rush has some moments of gold to but I felt he kinda had a more back-seat role in this.

The action scenes are amazing, brilliant fight choreography blending the unique styles of Asian martial arts and gun-slinging outlaws. Look out in particular for the scene with the water-cooled machine gun :D

Definitely an A+ plus movie for me.

Cowboys vs. Ninjas. Who wins?

ironlordthemad:
See Bob, heres the thing, if you don't wan't to keep annoying us and getting flame for the expendables review... simply don't mention it.

If you don't want Bob to keep mentioning it, stop getting annoyed about it. XD

"Meme creators get to work"

Damn it Bob, forced memes never work!

Andantil:
Cowboys vs. Ninjas. Who wins?

Pirates

Unless it's a sci-fi or fantasy, I cannot tollerate overblown, unrealistic-looking CG special effects in movies. Unless this movie is remade in the future with old-fashioned props, I'll pass.

Ninja's...damn!

Anyway.

I was gonna go see this anyway, but my post is more about the Uncharted film thing.
1. Uncharted is a film! You just get to play it.
2. Why don't they get Nolan North (THE GUY WHO IS THE CHARACTER MODEL AND VOICE ACTOR FOR NATHAN DRAKE) to play Nathan Drake?
3. Why don't they just spend the money from making that film on extra stuff in Uncharted 3?

bob must of missed that "Machete dont text".

Watched it today. Certainly one of the best, if not, the best action movie with alot of humor in it of the year. Check it out guys, this beats Cop Out by a landslide!

Really fun film, but what the fuck is his problem with the expendables? He ragges that film in every single of his reviews now. Get over it, some people like expendables better than the gay kid with guitar, you crybaby.

Lol we all know the ninjas are gonna lose because there are so many

http://tvtropes.org/pmwiki/pmwiki.php/Main/ConservationOfNinjutsu

It also made me think of samurai western for a bit >.>

I have to agree with some of our previous posters: "Ninjas. Damn." is probably the worst nominee for "Best Line of 2010". Sorry MovieBob.

Also, ever since I saw the trailers for Red, I can't shake the notion that this movie is what The Expendables would have been if it had embraced its campy, campy notions. Sorry if someone's mentioned this already! =X

Ericb:

ironlordthemad:
See Bob, heres the thing, if you don't wan't to keep annoying us and getting flame for the expendables review... simply don't mention it.

If you don't want Bob to keep mentioning it, stop getting annoyed about it. XD

I doesn't really annoy me any more (it stopped having that effect after a week or so) now it seems kinda pathetic, like he is trying to get people to remember a mistake he made in his life because it got him attention... like if John Lennon sang about Yoko...

definitley gonna go see Red
and old cowboys vs undead ninjas looks aaawesome

"Ninjas... *a rapid string of explitives, so fast that the collective sound made resembles the word damn"*

Pages PREV 1 2 3 4 5 NEXT

Reply to Thread

Have an account? Login below:
With Facebook:Login With Facebook
or
Username:  
Password:  

Not registered? To sign up for an account with The Escapist:
Register With Facebook
Register With Facebook
or
Register for a free account here