Unskippable: Battlefield: Bad Company 2

Pages PREV 1 2 3 NEXT

GrahamS:

FallenProject:
I think it would be better if they watched the intro before, separately, wrote some ideas down then met up and did it. Make it a more informal thing rather than script it.

That sounds like a better idea than it actually is.

Although! If you do want to see Paul and I straight improvising, check out the Let's Play.
We crack each other up too much to not script these. People laughing isn't funny to listen to.

I disagree - and all of the hundreds of thousands of views that YouTube game commentaries get would attest to that. I'm not saying I know anything about making these, of course, but chatty videos seem to, from what I can see, be generally liked more than scripted commentaries.

Still enjoyed the vid though ;D

I just dont get the sense of humour? To me this is just not funny.

The whole Intro of Bad company and using all the toilet paper... really?

Maybe this would be good if A) I was stoned B)12 years old. I am neither, so hence the issue.

I have to admit the cut scenes where you control the players view is really cool but when you have a gun in your hand and they don't allow you to use it... well that gets a bit more annoying.

Bretty:
I just dont get the sense of humour? To me this is just not funny.

The whole Intro of Bad company and using all the toilet paper... really?

Maybe this would be good if A) I was stoned B)12 years old. I am neither, so hence the issue.

oh that explains why I laughed a lot at this.

Reason for the outboard motors is speed, they are actually pretty quiet. We use even better versions on the zodiacs the Seals use.

"Able company?..... More like shot in the face company"-Graham

canadamus_prime:
So are they called "Bad Company" because they're the crappiest soldiers they've got?
'Cause it sure looks that way.

That's essentially what Bad Company is. You're a liability and its a choice between cannon-fodder or a court martial.

just played this recently and thought "what if unskippable did one for this game"

Onyx Oblivion:
WW2. Battlefield style...I kinda wish they kept it for the whole campaign, really. I know that I'm in the minority here.

But I'm so sick of modern shooters, that I don't mind WW2 shooters anymore.

I had more fun in the tutorial then in the rest of the game. Infinite Type 100 ammo, whoo!

yeah, i felt like that too.

A Pious Cultist:

canadamus_prime:
So are they called "Bad Company" because they're the crappiest soldiers they've got?
'Cause it sure looks that way.

That's essentially what Bad Company is. You're a liability and its a choice between cannon-fodder or a court martial.

The mission in that cutscene there didn't seem like the sorta mission you'd want to send cannon-fodder on.

Yeah, this was definitely one of the funniest unskippables in a awhile.

Then again, i have skipped the last couple.

Badum-thump

Oliin:
Wow. A Faraday cage joke. Not something I ever expect to hear.

Yeah, made me chuckle. :D

Wait, this is on the WW2 mission? Damn. I thought we'd get a chance to point out how the characters in BC2 were bastardizations of the characters in BC1.

that mission was fun
which is why looking back I'm like oook that cutscsene was kinda eh

The Faraday cage joke made my day.

Boy that equal opportunity hiring program doesn't work out so great when your guards end up deaf and blind....

BTW that Faraday cage joke totally made my day! :D

The credits being embarrassed jokes were just priceless.

In actual fact, sounds travel incredibly POORLY over water. Water absorbs sound waves very well. Sound travels well THROUGH water. But at that distance, yes, an outboard motor would have been heard.

lol "shot in the face company"... is it me, or there's a banalization of Batman's dark voice in movies and games ?

Regarding the outboard motor jokes, Graham seemed to be more pissed off at the questionable logic than he was trying to be funny. Which wasn't bad. In fact, it was better almost. It's the sort of humour you don't get a lot from Unskippable.

Y'know after playing Bad Company 2, I can understand that the credits would be embarassed to be around...

For a scene where not much happened you got quite a lot out of it.

I love how the viewpoint character watches his gun fall to the bottom of the ocean. "I'm in a fighting game, and I just lost my gun. Nah... I won't need that puppy. I guess I'll just swim."

GrahamS:

FallenProject:
I think it would be better if they watched the intro before, separately, wrote some ideas down then met up and did it. Make it a more informal thing rather than script it.

Although! If you do want to see Paul and I straight improvising, check out the Let's Play.
We crack each other up too much to not script these. People laughing isn't funny to listen to.

Oh contrair or Au ...whatever, my good man. It is infact actually hilarious listening to ya'll laugh at eatch other, lol. "Oh look, a tool..." :P I'm still halfway through those, they're just as good as an Unskippable, in their own way :D

Waht utter CRAP of Dice to make a cutscene like that, now I'm not even buying this tripe.

You guys were funny though :)

Shooters has got to be the most stupid games made, ever.

I just have one question. Will Battlefield: Bad Company 3 be called Three's Company?

poor able company

GrahamS:

FallenProject:

LOL I wouldn't find it hard to listen to myself, mainly because it's already funny as all hell when it's scripted, but spur of the moment thoughts? OH that is Gold XD

I was excited that they did a game I'm more familiar with... until I remembered the intro is set in the past, and really... really boring.

But I also couldn't get over the part with the boat engines... like, c'mon, there's no way those soldiers wouldn't have heard them! >.<

EchetusXe:
You could hear a fish breaking wind from that distance, wtf?

And I mimic you: Wtf?

Fish breaking wind?
DO fish break wind?

niceguy191:
Boy that equal opportunity hiring program doesn't work out so great when your guards end up deaf and blind....

BTW that Faraday cage joke totally made my day! :D

Yeah, I mean who would have guessed that they'd sign up for defending the base? At least their sense of smell should be go- *sees one smoking* nevermind.

I would like to say to Graham and Paul; from watching you over the course of your many videos, I feel that the delivery and timing of your jokes has vastly improved.

Great job guys.

Jaredin:
Yeah, never did understand how those soldiers didnt hear them...

When I played that part, which is actually the very beginning, I was just shocked about the unreality. Usually I forgive alot, but I mean... NO WAY!

Niccolo:

EchetusXe:
You could hear a fish breaking wind from that distance, wtf?

And I mimic you: Wtf?

Fish breaking wind?
DO fish break wind?

um, fish have intestines and an anus and so they are capable in theory.

It seems that nobody knows for sure.

http://www.newscientist.com/article/dn4343-fish-farting-may-not-just-be-hot-air.html
http://dofishfart.com/ (actual website)

EchetusXe:

-SNIP-

um, fish have intestines and an anus and so they are capable in theory.

It seems that nobody knows for sure.

http://www.newscientist.com/article/dn4343-fish-farting-may-not-just-be-hot-air.html
http://dofishfart.com/ (actual website)

This is one of the weirder discussions I've had.

True, true. They do have the potential. But and however, our ability to break wind comes from the greenery we eat readily breaking down into methane gas; red meat just tends to be protein, which break down into amino acids.

I don't know if fish eat enough greenery... I suppose if they did eat a lot of greenery they'd break wind.

OMG, I hated, hated, hated this opening sequence. Five minutes of bad acting interrupted by 30 seconds when I'm allowed to play the game. Good job!

One thing you missed? Those two deaf, blind Japanese guards are smoking cigarettes. Okay, any WW2 buff will always quote the line, "never light a cigarette, because it can be seen for miles." But the animators didn't bother to add glowy cigarette lights. How can you make a WW2 game with cigarettes that don't light up? Glargh, it only gets worse from there.

hehehe
the outboard motor stuff was pretty absurd.

Pages PREV 1 2 3 NEXT

Reply to Thread

Have an account? Login below:
With Facebook:Login With Facebook
or
Username:  
Password:  

Not registered? To sign up for an account with The Escapist:
Register With Facebook
Register With Facebook
or
Registered for a free account here