Zero Punctuation: Spider-Man: Shattered Dimensions

Pages PREV 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 NEXT

rossable:

The_root_of_all_evil:
There is no Spiderman anymore.

This killed it

What Yahtzee reviewed was just an another attempt to make it not suck.

this killed spider-man.

Possibly they both did. Our friendly neighborhood wall-crawler is no more though. :(

SteelStallion:
lol @ the web jizz during the credits

Oh man, that was almost too far. But killer funny!

Hehe...Well, they need to make there monnies somehow.

Pretty obvious cash in though, and seems to play like one too

Great review, best in a while in my opinion(although all ZP are great).

The_root_of_all_evil:

This killed it

I knew someone was going to reference One More Day in the comments.

I think it's pretty safe to say that there will never be a good Spider-Man ever again. Spider-Man 2 was fucking great and only because of the open world webslinging, but it was all downhill from there.

The thing about Stan Lee is that he's was given this status of legend and then we find out that he's actually a dirty old man that likes to ham it up in person.

Like they say, never meet your heroes.

Quite funny ... Laughed out loaded at the part with the wedgey and spidey's balls pooped out from his head...

Spiders are not slow...even proportionally. They are really, really fast for very short distances because mostly they are ambush creatures.

Just saying.

Brilliant video though!!

I really, really, really liked this game. If you ask me why, I couldn't tell you. There was just something about it. Maybe it's what Yahtzee was talking about, the game was really, really earnest. I also thought the writing was strong as long as it wasn't what he was talking about, the repetitive fight lines.

Draconalis:
Deadpool is in this game?!

Sold!

Yeah but...

Ultimate Deadpool. Not so great.

Lordofthesuplex:
Well Yahtzee, instead of pissing me off due to the usual Wii bashing, you instead pissed me off for the jab at Deadpool. What's wrong with Nolan North's performance of Deadpool? It's the only thing worthwhile in this half-assed licensed game. (Especially since if it occurs in the Ultimate Marvel Universe and everyone knows Ultimate Marvel sucks)

Clearly you've been spared most of Nolan North's performances.

tzimize:

darrinwright:
Ah, a religion bash early in... way to stay on-topic, Yahtzee.

So. You're watching ZP for serious, no-nonsense discussion of a game...?

OT: The bread thingy made me HAH! But I still want this game :<

Religion bash? He said that if the award was offered by Jesus. He said it as a measure of worth. It was saying it'd be more credible if he got it from Jesus, if anything.

The_root_of_all_evil:

This killed it

One More Day was only made more hilariously bad by the following attempt to pick up the pieces.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/One_Moment_in_Time_(comics)

Gargoyle from Blood around 2:10 was neat.

Personally I'm waiting for the Duke Nukem: Forever Redux review. He'll never do it, but I'm going to wait for it anyway.

OT: Well, couldn't say that I was surprised that this game wouldn't hold up that well under scrutiny. Seeing as Deadpool is the only decent thing in the game then why not make a game about him? There's a lot of hacky-slashy-shooty-shouty-mouthy-fun to be had with Deadpool; if they can get decent enough writers in to make the game as funny as possible then I'd completely excuse a Devil May Cry/God Of War clone.

Obviously you don't keep up with comics Yahtzee, and probably for the best. Because recently Batman (Bruce Wayne)has been traveling through time after supposedly dying. And now seems to be getting all the bat people together to form a giant club. If you have a strong urge to feel retarded after reading something, look it up.

Yahtzee, thank you for another four minutes of laughter. Your videos make my classes significantly less boring. Loved when the game was compared to the Bible with their disregard for science x3

Bob Kane and Stan Lee were frineds for a LONG TIME. Bob Kane did take Stan Lee to see the movie Batman when it first came out. Stan Lee wishes fthat Bob Kane was around so that Stan lee could of took him to see Spiderman when it first came out.

Spiderman Noir was in Tribute to Bob Kane's Batman in which Stan Lee likes. It's no Secert really. I just want them to make the Batman Spiderman Crossover already.

I also found that Ultiumate Spiderman for PS 2/Xbox had great swining features and a kick ass comicbook storyline whiched rocked and a great fighting system. Very simple to play.

If you want to review a crappy game, review Front Mission Evolved. It makes the communitary of Spiderman look Fucking good. WTF was Square Enix thinking of when they made this game. They killed Front Mission thanks to this one. Guantree you'll spend at least 7 minutes going on how fucking bad the voice acting is nevermind the glitches on it. the Sory however is well done...too bad they wwreak it on lously voice actors.

poor Spidey, he gets another bad game and he's going to get another bad movie in the future (though 3 wasn't that bad). What we need is a Marvel Zombies game.

Also, North does need to expand his repertoire beyond "annoyingly smug, generically handsome white guy". Closest he got to that was Vashyron in Resonance of Fate where he got smacked by the female lead a lot.

I'm surprised no-one commented on the 'fat-kid monologue' at the end. Hilarious stuff, best review in a while and i've liked a lot of the recent reviews.

OT: Kinda with you on Shattered Dimensions - I am enjoying it in places, but then it becomes so damn generic in others. That said, it's the best Spidey game since Spiderman 2.. so a step in the right direction imo.

I disagree completely with the review. I enjoyed the game thoroughly, and am now on my second playthrough to chase a few Web of Destiny challenges I missed the first time 'round.

Jedi Sasquatch:
Just hurry up and review New Vegas already...

Russ Pitts already did. He gave it four stars. There is a video and everything!

HotFezz8:
for fuck sake yahtzee did you like it or not? is it worth any of my money?

He's not a traditional reviewer; the point is to critique the game's weak spots and make it funny, not tell you whether you're getting your money's worth or not.

And it's pretty obvious he didn't like it.

those ending frames were really inappropriate... I'm ashamed yahtzee : )

It's funny you compare it unfavorably to Batman who right now in the comic series has died, risen from the dead (Jesus?) and then proceeded to pass through multiple dimensionish things to get back to "reality".

Who ripped off who now?!

I hate you Geoff Johns... what?

That was a fantastic ending rant! Probably one of the best in recent memory. Good work as always, Yahtzee. Although I have to admit, the game's premise does sound kind of interesting.

Yes spiderman is every science nerds favorite punching bag. I do believe he is fantasy and not real therefore real science is irrelevant!

Try getting shot by intense gamma radiation and see if you become the hulk or any of the fantastic 4. lol

Good Episode tho.

Tonimata:
Newton's pendulum, is the name of the clacky balls thing.

But we all love to call them clacky ball thingys....*Starts playing with them and is amused for hours* :D......

Well I think yahtzee addressed the Problem I and probably many others have with a game like this...

ONLY 3 categories of enemies!!! That does tend to get annoying after awhile

its after 2:30 and the video still wont load. Is anyone else havin gthis problem because I can usually watch zp by like 12 45

Madara XIII:

Tonimata:
Newton's pendulum, is the name of the clacky balls thing.

But we all love to call them clacky ball thingys....*Starts playing with them and is amused for hours* :D......

They are admittedly AWESOME!
*Starts riding one of the balls on a gigantic one*

I like how the web-goo comes out of his ass, just like it would if he really did have the proportianal powers of a spider (for more on this, see the latest episode of the Venture Brothers, lol)

Legion:
Seeing as you are apparently the kind of person who buys things based upon others opinions other than your own you can give all your money to me if you like.

./palm-through-face

Are you even aware of the implications of what you've just said?

Mathias Andersen:
wow, SOMEONE is a batman fan.

Is it you cause judging from the fact that yahtzee continues to buy these spiderman games despite them being bad I would think he is a spiderman fan.

'Will not shut up''. That's the line that every single Spidey villain has said over the years. Huh. New entry in Pete's rogue gallery. Shows how much Yahtzee knows about the web slinger. Anyway, what Y knows for Bats I know for Spidey so I won't complain. I enjoyed the game though.

Desert Tiger:

The_root_of_all_evil:

This killed it

One More Day was only made more hilariously bad by the following attempt to pick up the pieces.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/One_Moment_in_Time_(comics)

That's YOUR opinion, fellows. You wanna talk about clusterfucky stories? Try the clone saga. So messed up they had to fuckin' REWRITE IT.

Pages PREV 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 NEXT

Reply to Thread

Have an account? Login below:
With Facebook:Login With Facebook
or
Username:  
Password:  

Not registered? To sign up for an account with The Escapist:
Register With Facebook
Register With Facebook
or
Registered for a free account here