Unskippable: Castlevania: Lords of Shadow

Pages PREV 1 2 3 NEXT

SO many good lines XD Next time I make a comics character I'll make him 9 foot tall XD

"Somehow I think his day will get worse before it gets better".

Is that a clue that you will have a part 2 for this game?

Damnit, Patrick, just go back to shooting the Borg cube a maximum of one time per episode :P

Never heard of FML before. Now I have a totally new way of wasting time on the Internet.

"Into Oblivion."

Which is another game I was in.

Hahahahaha! That's exactly what I was thinking when I saw the text. Awesome.

AssassinJoe:
What's the point of having a gate if the enemy can just climb over it?

It seems they didn't think it through.

No see it's a plot gate the enemy can only climb over it when the main character is near by.

He wants to see the Lady of the Lake? Man I hope he's not looking for the Zephyr blade.

OK, so Patrick Stewart is narrating. Patrick fucking Stewart.

The protagonist is a Scottish medieval werewolf slaying space marine.

My better judgment should be overpowered enough by now to run to GameStop. However, no. NO I SAY! Aaaah!

Hearing Patrick Stewart's disdain as he reluctantly reads that drivel is probably why.

Now if I could only find my horse and mosey on out of this thread... Crap.

Gabriel is such an even-tempered man, helping Paul make the buildup to seeing the horse dead all the more hilarious.

Errickfoxy:
Did I see Russell hanging out on that tree?

And G&P didn't introduce him! You'd think there was something between them now, like Russell doodied on their wheaties.

I loved the FML segment. Golden stuff. I also loved the whole "Dante, another game similar to this" and "So basically, war never changes". XD

OH! And I have to give mention to this, again:

"I liked it better when LoS was called Dante's Inferno. I liked Dante's Inferno better when it was called God of War. I liked God of War better when it was called Devil May Cry. I liked Devil May Cry better when it was...Well what do you know, Devil May Cry is actually the inspiration? ;)"

Don't know how those Kratos lovers forget that so often. ' -'

They probably could've just re-done the intro to Super Castlevania IV and it would've been great.

I played the demo and found it thoroughly enjoyable. This fight was well-done and the cutscenes look superb. Funny enough though, you can skip it when the words "Press start" come up at the bottom of the screen. :P

Zing:

Pfft, small time.

Come at me bro.

Off topic, but this is actually a book. And I have a copy! :D
(I have yet to read it, though)

gg

MatParker116:
I thought Robert Caryle was trapped on a ship with that guy from Ugly Betty and the chick from ER?

Pretty sure they used those stones to bring him back to earth for this gig.

Well I'm glad to see Stewart and Caryle did awesome work with their voice acting. It makes me giggle hearing "Dr. Rush" sounding like a brave warrior compaired to his character on SGU.

As always guys, awesome job and thanks for making my monday's a lot less sucky. :D

"They're trying to back out of the blast radius."

ROFL.

Man, this was just gettin' good. I wanted to hear about the rest of his day!

OtherSideofSky:
The opening cutscene isn't THAT bad.

Also, LoS combat feels a lot less like GoW than it looks (and nothing like the clunky mess that was DI). There's definitely a similarity, but as you get past the prologue it becomes a much more distinct game. It also does giant bosses a lot better than GoW, where you really just had a fight with a tiny piece of a big thing. LoS is more like Shadow of the Colossus in regards to boss fights , where you have to climb up bosses and interact with the whole thing.

...I'm going to have to repress your original statement for my sanity's sake. SotC was about a regular village youth who was adept at climbing and archery and could barely swing a sword to save his life (just watch him try when you're off the horse). That's what made that game different than a lot of other games. There's a lot more here I could fanboy rant over, but I'm gonna just skip that.

If you mean that it's giant fights focus on climbing around and striking the weakpoints all over rather than the foe pretty much being the environment where you just strike a few points and quicktime while you dodge attacks that just as easily could have come from a completely seperate enemy, then yes, it's defintely more of the SotC boss battles, though I think the chain makes things easier for Gabriel (though in retrospect, if the Wanderer knew he had to climb colossi, he probably would have packed rope, so this just means Gabriel is better prepared in this case).

In my opinion, thats the absolute best way to say son of a bitch. With the emphasis on the bitch.

OT: Good show as always guys.

Having Sir Patrick Stuart narrating this game officially makes it cooler.

Loved the line about being assimilated making him a pessamist.

Tom Phoenix:
gotta snip it all

What I find more confusing then that picture is the fact they forget to mention the t-rex.

Heh, Patrick Stalker. 'Wondering if he is the one...'

I liked Gabriel's accent. And Graham's too actually. This games looks pretty interesting

I lost it at the horse part. Great episode

This is a minor thing, but what's up with games using swords as loading bars? It doesn't make any goddamn sense, unless it's a Star Wars game and it's a lightsaber.

"He's Huge"
To compensate, see, his 'original' character development

Delock:

OtherSideofSky:
The opening cutscene isn't THAT bad.

Also, LoS combat feels a lot less like GoW than it looks (and nothing like the clunky mess that was DI). There's definitely a similarity, but as you get past the prologue it becomes a much more distinct game. It also does giant bosses a lot better than GoW, where you really just had a fight with a tiny piece of a big thing. LoS is more like Shadow of the Colossus in regards to boss fights , where you have to climb up bosses and interact with the whole thing.

...I'm going to have to repress your original statement for my sanity's sake. SotC was about a regular village youth who was adept at climbing and archery and could barely swing a sword to save his life (just watch him try when you're off the horse). That's what made that game different than a lot of other games. There's a lot more here I could fanboy rant over, but I'm gonna just skip that.

If you mean that it's giant fights focus on climbing around and striking the weakpoints all over rather than the foe pretty much being the environment where you just strike a few points and quicktime while you dodge attacks that just as easily could have come from a completely seperate enemy, then yes, it's defintely more of the SotC boss battles, though I think the chain makes things easier for Gabriel (though in retrospect, if the Wanderer knew he had to climb colossi, he probably would have packed rope, so this just means Gabriel is better prepared in this case).

Yes, that is what I meant. I would never suggest LoS resembling SotC in anything other than it's boss fight gameplay because I'm not raving mad.

There is nothing that cannot be improved with liberal use of Patrick Stewart.

Whiskey Echo!!
mythgraven

There were crows and no Russell joke! WHATS GOING ON HERE?!? D':

~Words for the ages: At leasr rip off God of War, nto a GoW Ripoff.

Tempest13:

gg

Your Bears are nothing more than bones and dust for my:

BTW, this episode is yet the best i've seen so far !

keep it up doing lots of references ! it helps !

ps: Those Werewolves should have looked like Balverines if you get my meaning...

Is it odd that the combination of his name being Gabriel and having a Scottish accent makes me really wanna play this game?

This is a hilarious one, good job guys XD
Love the 'Oblivion, which is another game I was in' XDDD

Actually, in my experience, torches do very well in rain.

One mustn't confuse them with matches, you know.

Crap...Calvin's imagination > all

Pages PREV 1 2 3 NEXT

Reply to Thread

Have an account? Login below:
With Facebook:Login With Facebook
or
Username:  
Password:  

Not registered? To sign up for an account with The Escapist:
Register With Facebook
Register With Facebook
or