Trailers: Diablo 3: Demon Hunter

Pages 1 2 3 4 5 6 NEXT

Diablo 3: Demon Hunter

Blizzard reveals the 5th class for Diablo 3, the Demon Hunter.

Watch Video

roostuf:
Wow looks good i hope its for the pc then i would buy it.

OT:(first)

Is this some kind of joke? ;s

And *inbefore doesn't look as good as their usual CGI*

This is just in engine rendered stuff they use for those Blizzcon Character announcement trailers, don't worry. Ingame we'll have the usual high quality CGI.
Just saying because haters gonna come here sooner or later :>

Damn, I was hoping the Ranged class would use explosive potions instead of explosives.

Anyway, that character looks pretty sick!

I hope She's not possessed by Diablo. Otherwise humanity is screwed

Looks very nice indeed.
But how do those crossbows reload? :O

Reloaded magically.
Telekinesis quivers to holster.

Archer archetype. Hmm, this was the first class to be made - last to be revealed. Her multiarrow looks pwnage.

Looks like we can play with Sylvanas. Cool.

Looks like a fun replacement for assassins. Still, Blizzard's writing has been making me shudder as of late.

Chal:
Looks like a fun replacement for assassins. Still, Blizzard's writing has been making me shudder as of late.

It's just for their reveal trailers. Yeah they're incredible cheesy but it's not like this is important :f

So like the amazon and assassin crossed, then put into the body of Sylvanas?

Nice, Im sure that in 2015 when this game finally comes out it will be awesome =P

GoGo_Boy:

Chal:

It's just for their reveal trailers. Yeah they're incredible cheesy but it's not like this is important :f

Tell that to the SCII campaign.

Don't get me wrong, I still love the games, but Bioware it ain't. I'm a big fan of Diablo, if the avatar didn't give it away, so as long as the gameplay is top-notch then the story can hang itself =P

Am I the only one who's reminded of Kasumi from Mass Effect 2?

Chal:

It's like they were trying to condense as much stupidity as possible into the character. "I stand alone! I will never stop killing! There is always a choice!"

And then she pulls out her two one-handed crossbows and starts firing them like uzis.

Guess I know which class I'm playing first now.

Wow, that looked pretty cool. Now I'm seriously starting to look forwad to this game next year, along with Guild Wars 2.

Rated A for Awesome! Trap assassin + bowazone? love it! play it!

Chal:

I know exactly what you mean. It seems like it gets trashier with every game they make. Starcraft II was already pretty damn bad in that respect, but I wonder if Diablo III will manage to be even worse.

Of course, this kinds of crap appeals to a large part of the audience, but especially when the game is supposed to have a dark and serious tone like in the Starcraft and Diablo universes, it serves to make me stop caring about the actual story since the characters just turn into ripped-off cliches anyway.

Okay, it's a crossbow-shotgun.

Well, I'm in!

I don't see the problem in Blizzard's writing, I see it more as Narm Charm (Thank you TVtropes!)

This gives me the happiness, therefore, I approve. Go forth, and let there be much killing.

VicunaBlue:
So like the amazon and assassin crossed, then put into the body of Sylvanas?

Pretty much what I was thinking. One minor niggle, though... what's with the high heels? Not exactly practical. At least the rest of her armor makes sense, in a "provides a balance of protection and freedom of movement" manner rather than "let's see how little of her we can cover in platemail and nothing else for the rest" like you see in a lot of other female armor designs.

Darth IB:
Looks very nice indeed.

I know, right?

I don't see any ammo canisters and she never pauses to reload. Even if she did, I don't see any quivers. The crossbow bolts either are teleported from another location or are made of magic. In addition, the bowstrings are always pulled taut in rapid order without any visible auto-pull mechanism, so they're probably being pulled with magic.

Is she wearing fucking plate high heels?
I know this is a fantasy game, but come on. This almost as bad as chainmail bikinis.

roostuf:
Wow looks good i hope its for the pc then i would buy it.

OT:(first)

.....really?...like...*sigh* some people anyhow
All i have to say is....im playing that class...and OMG THAT CROSSBOW THAT SHOT THE EXPLOSIVES!!!...and it went around the demons neck...and exploded...AWSOME!!!

The game part of the game looks really buggering addictive, while the cinematic could use some work in the writing and obvious "plot" holes (I. E. how does she reload?). Fight scene was pretty fun to watch though, if you just turned off your brain

Why does it matter how the crossbows reload?

This is a fantasy game with magic in. The fact she was wielding them like Uzis was beyond awesome

I really am looking forward to play D3, but to be honest, after 5 hours straight of playing fallout 3, this looks boring :D.

Blizzard haves this silly thing to make heroes waaaay to "hero-ish". "neow, as long as i'm here, bla gla"...it's silly sometimes.
Bottom line, nice class (revamped assassin, in an awsome way) but childish, boring as hell trailer.

Hargrimm:
Is she wearing fucking plate high heels?
I know this is a fantasy game, but come on. This almost as bad as chainmail bikinis.

also,this ^^. this trailer looks like a really bad, low budget vampire-hunting movie. It can not compare with most of warcraft's trailers. Like when Grom Hellscream dies for example.

Assassazone!

Amassin!

Eh, anybody who complains about the writing in a diablo game has never played a diablo game before.

HELLO FRIEND, STAY A WHILE AND LISTEN! PARK YOURSELF ON THIS HORADRIC CUBE WHILST I HOLD THIS HORADRIC STAFF, AS I, LAST OF THE HORADRIM TELL YOU OF HORADRIC LORE.

Also, she had silly shoes on. You wouldn't want to jump around in them! At least the rest of the armour wasn't totally ridiculous, but in a way that just makes them stand out more.

The crossbows thing doesn't bother me in the slightest. Games have never had accurate crossbows before, and they never will, as that would not be fun. They take like a minute to reload!

What a cheesefest..

Doesn't matter though, I'm still going to buy it, D2 for life!

I think this is the first time I've seen a Blizzard trailer that wasn't a bunch of pre-rendered CGI that shows nothing you actually see in a game. Kudos for finally bridging the gap between being flashy and actually showing some gameplay footage.

Oh man I love World of warcraft!

Darth IB:
Looks very nice indeed.

Magic, ofcourse!

OT: The cinematic part looked kinda silly (which I loved) and the class seems good enough.

Just a bit sad that we won't be seeing any paladins. Or alteast so it seems.

Dual Crossbows.

Impractical but AWESOME!

Pages 1 2 3 4 5 6 NEXT

Reply to Thread

Have an account? Login below:
With Facebook:Login With Facebook
or
Username:  
Password:  

Not registered? To sign up for an account with The Escapist:
Register With Facebook
Register With Facebook