Trailers: Diablo 3: Demon Hunter

Pages PREV 1 2 3 4 5 6 NEXT

Shitty writing in Diablo?

It seems those terms are....*writer explodes*..unacceptable! *cackle*

Nothing new to see here, not that i mind a side-order of hilariously cheesy dialogue with my demon-butchery.

NIIIICE

but still doesnt beat the good ol witchdoc

Like the character model, hate the voice actress. Maybe I'll prefer the male voice better?

It scares me how many people post "OMG HIGH HEELS" or "ZOMG CHEESY DIALOG" or "AMAGAD HOW DEY RELOAD CROSSBOWS".

Who the hell cares? Diablo is about killing thousands upon thousands of monsters at the same time. That hasn't changed.

I like her recruitment methods.
Anway, somehow this looks like a ranged variant of the D2 LoD Assassin, sort of?
It also strongly reminds me of Median's (Laz' mod) Crossbow Necromancer.

Talk about cheesy, and yes high heels and self loading duel crossbows and all that.
The high heels are about the closes thing to actually bothering me. The crossbow I can deal with but high heels are just silliness, there isn't enough magic in the world to make them comfortable enough to jump around in. At least the rest of the armour looks decent and believable.

Besides I think duel crossbow wielding has enough of the cool factor to disregard that they don't need to be loaded.

ok I now have my favorite class, I was looking at what appears to be the most op class(the witch doctor) but now I have fallen in love with cross bow shotgun and explosive bolos, in fact I am watching the trailer again.

Oh look! It's world of warcraft meets diablo.
Fucking rage :@ Every ounce of my hate.

That looked rubbish

Looks cheesy awesome, but her credibility is somewhat harmed due to those 7 inch STILLETO HEELS. How does she run, let alone perform acrobatic in those things?

So Crimsonland it is, then.

meh
I really loved Diablo 1, but Diablo went in a completely different direction then I expected.
This looks so cartoony. The cool thing about Diablo 1 was that it tried to look real giving you an immersion that Diablo 2 failed to deliver and Diablo 3 seems yet to fail again.
We went from dark dungeons and horrifying demons to all in the open with creatures that even though look pretty cool, fail to give you any tension.
In Diablo 1 an enemy was a threat, in Diablo 2 it was just a small obstacle in the way and in Diablo 3 it seems you can kill all the enemies in the scenario in one shot.
I know that the fact that you can kill a lot of enemies doesn't mean that the game is easier, it just means it has more monsters, taking away the threatening status out of each monster.
I'm probably going to buy it because I'm sure it's an awesome game. It just isn't what it could really be.

Damn awesome trailer...but who the hell wrote those awful oneliners?

gotta love blizz. they strangle us for our money. but they return the awesome, and you have to respect that. cheesy or not I can't wait for Diablo 3

Cmwissy:
Am I the only one who's reminded of Kasumi from Mass Effect 2?

Nope. And I consider this a good thing.

I've been a little dubious about Diablo III so far, but some of the reveals like this one are slowly starting to change my mind.

Guess I'd better start saving for a new PC so I can play it huh?

Clearly the Demon Hunter is a dom' and likes to step on demons with those steel heels.

Hmm, probably try DH on my second playthrough. I really liked the Monk gameplay trailers, so that'll be my first character class.

This is going to be what the rogue was for WoW
OVERUSED

I always thought the last class would be a ranged amazon assassin hybrid(that or amazon druid), looks like the demon hunter will be pretty cool to play as. Dual mini crossbows FTW!

Guess the writer for this trailer used his brains as the payload for those explosive shells ...

SupahGamuh:
Wow, that looked pretty cool. Now I'm seriously starting to look forwad to this game next year, along with Guild Wars 2.

Might I ask what dream world you're living in that this game will be coming out next year? I ofcourse hope you're right, but I would not hold my breath.

OT: Great, now I'm even more conflicted on what character to play first...seriously, that looked awesome in-game.

Concerning the high heels, thats just becaus shes that good, she needs a chalange. And the reloading, its the same as old hong kong movies, insanly fast reloads, faster than the speed of light infact, so you cant see it.... 8p

I was going to play monk but this is my new favorite. Definately awesome.

Who wrote the bloody dialogue? A five year old?

Really I've come to expect more from blizz =(

Hope it'll be out soon!

People complaining about the dialogue have clearly never played a Blizzard game before. Their dialogue is the very definition of Narm Charm. It's ALWAYS been like that.

I mean, have you guys played WC2? "The orcs... have DRAGONS...!!!!"

This was cheesy as all hell... but also kind of awesome... but also really cheesy in almost every way.

*eye twitch* ... :D

I think Blizzard watched one too many John Woo movies.

John Funk:
People complaining about the dialogue have clearly never played a Blizzard game before. Their dialogue is the very definition of Narm Charm. It's ALWAYS been like that.

I might argue that, as an art-form, gaming has evolved a lot since 1998. Components of Blizzard games, like the writing, seem to have not kept up with the times.

Unfortunately, I'm beginning to sour on Blizzard as they don't seem to have evolved with us. Starcraft 2 was little more than a reboot of the 1998 version, Diablo 3 looks equally as "safe". Not that there's anything wrong with that. Lots of people like to buy these games.

But I'd rather stick with the more progressive fare that Valve and Bioware are putting out.

Her armor is pulled right out of WoW. Sigh.

Whispering Death:

John Funk:

I might argue that, as an art-form, gaming has evolved a lot since 1998. Components of Blizzard games, like the writing, seem to have not kept up with the times.

Unfortunately, I'm beginning to sour on Blizzard as they don't seem to have evolved with us. Starcraft 2 was little more than a reboot of the 1998 version, Diablo 3 looks equally as "safe". Not that there's anything wrong with that. Lots of people like to buy these games.

But I'd rather stick with the more progressive fare that Valve and Bioware are putting out.

I disagree entirely, and let's just leave it at that.

Meh when I read Demon Hunter I was thinking Illidan style with the blind eyes and huge freaking warglaives.

Seems its more of a Shadow Hunter aka Vol Jin with the magic arrows and stuff. But I can see why they named it the Demon Hunter.

Aint going to playing one simply because the Barbarian is freaking awesome charging through crowds of monsters will bashing their faces in with huge hammers axes and swords just is awesome. Also Whirlwind it is just soooo awesome.

I need to change my pants before I go out and preorder it.

Demon Hunter? In a game that revolves around killing the Demonic? If it turns out to be overpowered, I will laugh so hard.

Pages PREV 1 2 3 4 5 6 NEXT

Reply to Thread

Have an account? Login below:
With Facebook:Login With Facebook
or
Username:  
Password:  

Not registered? To sign up for an account with The Escapist:
Register With Facebook
Register With Facebook
or
Register for a free account here