A Handy Glossary of Yahtzee Terms

Pages PREV 1 2 3 4 5 NEXT

Darn, I was hoping this would be a glossary of yahtzee-isms. I never had any trouble understanding the usage of these words. You were actually concerned that people were taking them all at their literal meanings? You must get a lot of fucktards emailing you.

Fat

What you are. You are fat.

=(

I don't have anything constructive or witty to add, my feelings are just hurt.
I think I'll go jog 10 miles on a treadmill while eating a gallon of Ben & Jerry's.

Man, you people couldn't see a joke if someone smacked you with one like a fish rolled in newspaper...

Yahtzee Croshaw:
Fat

HOW DOES HE KNOW THESE THINGS?!

LOL this was pretty interesting, although the only word I didn't know was "botty" and as much as I used to watch British comedies with my dad, I'd never heard it before. Although, we always watched old ones, so maybe it was considered unacceptable like when Barbara Eden couldn't show her belly button.

i would just like to thank the reviewer who i care not to name
i have been struggling with my lack of pounds and i am glad that someone notices my progress
odd that you can see it from there but still a complement is a complement

do I always express myself clearly? Do I use understandable language?

Well, since you don't speak American English, no.
Just joking, I can barely understand people from my own state oftentimes.

Fat

Ok, I know Australia is all backwards and such, but I don't believe that a maximum of 120 lbs has ever been considered fat on a 5'8" frame.
That, or I should now just change my name to Noticeably F.A.T.

Never had an issue with understanding your reviews to be honest, didn't think others had a problem with how they were presented.

Yahtzee Croshaw:

The Game

CURSE YOU YAHTZEE!!!!

I supposed that since FFXIII was more recent it was an easier target than, say...Metal Gear Solid "now with 10% less gameplay" 4. Seriously I'd love the game to death if it weren't for the fact that every few minutes I'm getting hit with a freakin cutscene, which kills both the immersion and the flow. Doesn't help that they're so long either.

Fat

QFT

But, yeah, fun read. Thanks Botty Ben!

Yahtzee Croshaw:
The trouble with immersion, though, is that, like The Game, you lose it as soon as you start thinking about it.

... Not safe anywhere anymore...

Fat > Jesus.

Lol I sometimes do go for a piss when cutscenes have no meaning or it takes ages to load.

I found this to be exactly what I thought of what those words meant so thanks for enlightening the lesser-intelligent!

;__; I'm not fat *pouts*

I like the use of examples tho ^^ Just not the one about how fat I am ;____;

"Fat

What you are. You are fat."

Christ if someone who is 10.5 Stone and is musclar and toned.

What the hell does that make a FAT person??

Oh dear, Yathzee gave Uncharted a compliment. Quick, somebody commit suicide and check if the temperature is still up in hell!

also:
Wow, so many replies on the fat comment.

We're so shallow.

Nice article, although I'm not sure I still understand the meaning of the last word.

I liked that he explained terms that almost everyone knows, thus silently mocking our intelligence. and then at the end, for all the people who didn't get the real insult, he calls us fat.

I like that guy.

Artemus_Cain:
The only thing that's really thrown me off is "thick."

Now I get it in the sense of "thick skulled" i.e. stupid or a self diagnosed austistic.

Thick to me ment someone slightly overweight, but it's cute or at the vevry least not unattractive. Like the cute boss you so desperatly want to get with and would gladly loose your job over.

What were we talking about again?

Thick, slow, dim, it all just means stupid/unintelligent.

Vortigar:
Oh dear, Yathzee gave Uncharted a compliment. Quick, somebody commit suicide and check if the temperature is still up in hell!

also:
Wow, so many replies on the fat comment.

We're so shallow.

It's cold, matey.

The Game, you lose

Damnit Yahtzee.

I'm glad i'm delightfully British enough to understand you perfectly

Excellent article.

wrt the Mirror's Edge reference: I wish it rang less true...

*hops on the bandwagon* Not fat...fluffy.

OT: I'm pretty much with everyone else. I understood all of what you say and the words you use. BUT! I think it's due to me being just as cynical and sarcastic as you. Plus I tend to watch a lot of BBC when such riveting shows like Dirty Jobs and Mythbusters aren't on.

Huh. I never thought that Yahtzee was a Castlevania fan. I myself was a fan since Aria of Sorrow. Haven't played Symphony, 'tho. I wonder if he's played any of the DS ones and what his opinion on 'em. My personal favorite is Portrait of Ruin.

Fat? If I'm fat, he's MAHOOSIVE!

Speaking as a muslim I must say I was incredibly offended by his comment on our pilgramage...

I will now spend the next 2 and a half months protesting on the grounds that he did not ask every single muslim in the world if that joke was funny

And to top it off, he just claimed I was full of Carbohydrates!

To the picket lines!

We shall overcome
We shall overcome
We shall overcome some daaaaaaayyyyy!

Khushal:
Speaking as a muslim I must say I was incredibly offended by his comment on our pilgramage...

I hope you're not serious, even religion should have a sense of humour.

OT: Yeah... Like we didn't know what those terms meant already. In case you hadn't noticed Mr yahtzee we here at the Escapist are mostly video game enthusiasts... we tend to take in a lot of reviews.

Continuity:

Khushal:

It was a joke... far fetched maybe, but an atttemp anyway...

Khushal:

Continuity:

Khushal:

It was a joke... far fetched maybe, but an atttemp anyway...

Sarcasm is hard to convey in writing...

Ha ha. He's right. I AM fat.

Dammit, wondered right into that last one.

Oh well, I guess actually understanding what you say could help the watching process.

It's kinda sad that such things have to be explained in a 2 page essay.

I wonder how much Yahtzee despises the hooting dribbling internet junkies that his fanbase is consisting of.

Remember Rudy? 5 foot nothing, one hundred nothing and no athletic speck whatsoever? Ya. Don't call me fat :( Also HA I knew all those terms. Bow before my gigantic brain of a genius!

LeeshaJoy:
I think Yahtzee's mistake, in the start of the article, is in thinking that religion and fandom are two distinct concepts. In fact, religion is just fandom for particularly old franchises.

Sir, I give you the internet.

Pages PREV 1 2 3 4 5 NEXT

Reply to Thread

Have an account? Login below:
With Facebook:Login With Facebook
or
Username:  
Password:  

Not registered? To sign up for an account with The Escapist:
Register With Facebook
Register With Facebook
or