Escape to the Movies: Monsters

Pages 1 2 3 4 5 NEXT

Monsters

This week MovieBob take a look at Monsters.

Watch Video

This came out of the blue for me. I'd never even heard of it, then a few weeks ago I read about it. I actually quite enjoyed it. Probably because I hadn't hyped it up for ages.

LOL

LOL
You have my sympathy.
(I've gotta watch Sharktopuss at some point.)

Well, thats unfortunate. I normally LOVE the smaller indie pieces, and like you was excited about this movie. Oh well.

That Movie sounds so Bad it's...
(Puts on sun-glasses)
Scary
YEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAH

HAPPY HALLOWEEN!

WTF!? I havent even heard of this movie... geuss thank God for small favors.

Wow, I haven't heard movieBob rage like that in quite some time. I had never heard of this movie and now that I have, I still have about the same chance of seeing it as I did before, none, unless someone wants to buy my way in and share their popcorn.

Thats disapointing. Was looking forward to this.
But I guess, if your stuck with the two main characters for the whole movie, and they suck at it...then the movies going to be worse off for it.

Maybe they'll get some proper actors next time, and a more engaging script to go with it, hey ?

Wow never heard of it... sounds like crap. oh well

Movie bob had much rage there.

I may check it out as a renter. I don't think you can expect great acting performances from unknown actors, you can only hope that you get them, so that isn't really a deal-breaker for me. (See: Evil Dead. (NO! I'm not saying that it was a bad movie; not at all! But if you think Campbell did an Oscar turn in it, then you are batshit-fucking-LOCO.)) I'm willing to endure a lot of bad acting for a good story, or even for good atmosphere-- Monsters might still provide the latter.

Personally, when I read that the director spent over a year doing the CGI himself, I kind of worried that maybe- just maybe- other aspects of the movie could suffer... and from Bob's description, I was entirely correct.

Oh well while my curiosity is pique now its very much down (although I'm kinda curious about the ending, thank god they are website just for that)

I never heard of this movie. I actually though this was going to be a review on Monsters in movies :(

Dak_N_Jaxter:
LOL
You have my sympathy.

Well Get ready to laugh your ass off then XD SHAAAAAARKTOPUS!!

But Serioiusly when I heard there was a Movie called monsters, I got hyped up too...until I found out how some of it would be filmed...*Facepalm*

ONE GOOD MONSTER MOVIE IS ALL I'M ASKING FOR FROM THIS GODDAMN GENERATION!!!! ONE!!

HankMan:
(Puts on sun-glasses)
Scary

HAPPY HALLOWEEN!

Hahaha Win!! You've at least settled my rage :D

You should have been watching Glee anyway. ^_^

Ampersand:

Heh Amusingly Moviebob blog is called The Game Overthinker and the (unrelated) website overthinkingit.com as a weekly webcast all about over-analysing glee

Christ that movie sucked. Male cardboard meets female cardboard, they do stuff, then they botch stuff, then some tension happens, then people die, and then more going, then coolness, and then it ended horribly.

Ampersand:

My hatred of Glee burns with the intensity of a thousand suns! I guess its just not for me. lol

:)

Of all those 5:26 minutes, the most important thing I got from this is: Hot damn lesbian cheerleaders on Glee.

Everything he described about the movie made it sound like shit to begin with, only thing I don't understand is how you were excited to see it in the first place.

I had never heard of this movie before (sue me im not into indie films or indie film festivals) and honestly even if I had known about it, I wouldn't have gone to see it because it just looks like crap.

George Palmer:

Ampersand:

My hatred of Glee burns with the intensity of a thousand suns! I guess its just not for me. lol

I heart musicals =D

I've never heard of this movie, but when I heard the words "shot guerrilla style" I immediately knew that this would be a movie that I would hate, and it seems that movie bob agrees with me.

George Palmer:

Ampersand:

I second this, Glee is BULLSHIT.

Madara XIII:

Dak_N_Jaxter:
LOL
You have my sympathy.

But Serioiusly when I heard there was a Movie called monsters, I got hyped up too...until I found out how some of it would be filmed...*Facepalm*

ONE GOOD MONSTER MOVIE IS ALL I'M ASKING FOR FROM THIS GODDAMN GENERATION!!!! ONE!!

HankMan:
(Puts on sun-glasses)
Scary

HAPPY HALLOWEEN!

The Host. Its fantastic. Look it up.

(Also its a Korean movie)

George Palmer:

Ampersand:

I look at ads for glee and that ticks me off something aweful. Something about that style of acting Rgh makes me want to curb stomp all there smug faces....Why does bob think he should start watching glee is it because some hot chick has become a regular?

Also I have never heard of this show but I am sorry that movie bob is disapointed that it wasn't good. He sounds like me when I got finished watching the promo for big lake.

Aye, I caught wind of a trailer of the film not long back and even I (this dumb shit) said to my self "This looks like a District 9 rip off". I wasn't even nearly as impressed as you must have been Bob as I took one look at it and groaned. The film just looked so unoriginal, a been there done that, a pretentious rip off of a good film while trying to cram their own own political message into it (Sounds almost like the live action adaptation of V for Vendetta).

No, I thought this film was going to be a bag of shit and if I'm to go by your opinion on it, I'd say I'm right on this one. Look I'm no "Jock douche-bag" (or whatever you like to call it)who needs an big mainstream action movie to get by. However I think theirs a big difference between original and pretentious, this film looks pretentious rather than original

snowman6251:

Madara XIII:

Dak_N_Jaxter:
LOL
You have my sympathy.

HankMan:
(Puts on sun-glasses)
Scary

HAPPY HALLOWEEN!

The Host. Its fantastic. Look it up.

(Also its a Korean movie)

:O.....Wait... I think I saw a dvd of that in a Pawn shop.. THe cover looked awesome..TY!! Imma go look it up!

But of course, being a low budget movie gives it a good tomato meter rating :P

I love Reese's Peanut Butter Cups... Best thing ever invented.

Also, I've never seen Sharktapus, but The Room is so hilariously bad, I'm not sure if Sharktapus would top it...

You had me at Anne Hathaway and Cool-Whip....lets just leave it at that.

I can't remember knowing about the existence of this movie. Good to know I wasn't missing much.

I love these reviews...

JaredXE:
You had me at Anne Hathaway and Cool-Whip....lets just leave it at that.

It's funny, 'cause that's where he lost me.
Good to know the Escapist is still employing a sexist teenager who posts pictures of women in lingerie whenever he gets the chance.

Man, the premise sounds pretty good, too bad it sucks...

Edit: After checking out some other reviews, it would appear that you are quite alone in your opinion that it sucks, Bob. Maybe I'll go see it after all.

Well at least you didn't have to review that pile of crap that was "The Human Centipede"

To be honest I haven't even heard of "Monsters" so I never planned on seeing it, now that I know about it, I will make sure not to as well.

And now I need to go check out Glee myself...

Glee pictures that is, and simple clips that have probably been spread through the internet in one form or another, so no hurry.

Pages 1 2 3 4 5 NEXT

Reply to Thread

Have an account? Login below:
With Facebook:Login With Facebook
or
Username:  
Password:  

Not registered? To sign up for an account with The Escapist:
Register With Facebook
Register With Facebook
or
Registered for a free account here