Critical Miss: The Crossover

Pages PREV 1 2 3 NEXT

Next Puzzle: Now, take those four arrows and make five to defuse the acid bomb.

Last Valiance:
I don't get the comic... will someone explain it for my befuzzled little bwain :3

It's parodiyng the Saw movies, where the victim wakes up all bruised up and strapped, only to find a TV or an audio tape with a creepy voice telling them that they did something "wrong" with their lives and must "pass a test", or "play a game" to "redeem themselves", and then he needs to solve some puzzle to live, if not, well, quoting one of the movie taglines, "There will be blood".

And by the fact that there's going to be a game about Ace Attorney vs Professor Layton.

OT: In fact, I wouldn't mind if this game comes true, just imagine the possibilities, making it a multiplayer game, where one player sets the traps and puzzles as Layton and the other has to solve them as Ace... that would be epic =D

Some how, I would kinda would buy that.

That was just...amazing. That was...wow. Your best comic by far.

Again this just proves that a comic without the main heroine in it, or atleast not playing a part, is much better than the normal office life ones you do. More in game comics please!

Why do Japanese characters always orgasm when they are surprised?

Also, the comic was funny, the actual game does not interest me.

best critical miss so far :D

i just love the idea of prof layton as jigsaw or the puppet anyway, and the matchstick puzzle, 'I want to play a game' :D

genious :D

This was a good one. Best one in some time, I think. Excellent.

Layton: It was you wasn't it girl!
Phoenix: OBJECTION! You make a horrible prosecutor and can't steal my finger pointing!!!!
Layton: *rage look*
(epic battle ensures)

OT: It looks more like an anime movie than a game.

Come on people. By now we should know it's not really Layton. It's Don Paulo. LIKE ALWAYS.

That game is going to be so awesome. Please bring it stateside!!

Seems like a strange setting for Wright. I mean, his stories are all *somewhat* based in reality, magic spirit-channeling aside. And now he's embroiled in a actual magic war? What, are they going to put the wizard on trial?...

Catalyst6:
Seems like a strange setting for Wright. I mean, his stories are all *somewhat* based in reality, magic spirit-channeling aside. And now he's embroiled in a actual magic war? What, are they going to put the wizard on trial?...

Seems like it.

I am now scared of Professor Layton :(

Foo Fighters, i loled.
Anyone?

Grey Carter:
Snip

You really wouldn't mind if the game was just a puzzle game right?

Oh my God, I fucking laughed for a long time when I got the joke. Love the comics.

I haven't played either series of these games and I downright hate the Saw series but this looks like a crossover I would love to play or watch if this was a movie. I'm just wondering how far Layton will go in these test's of his and how far will he push Wright. :D

You have eight matchsticks...

Never played a game from this series, but if it were like this, they would have my money.

DTWolfwood:
certainly would be better than the actual saw game.

(Assuming the saw game wasnt any good XD)

http://www.escapistmagazine.com/articles/view/editorials/reviews/6670-Review-Saw

:)

Oh god, a matchstick puzzle, Phoenix doesn't stand a chance.

Seriously, fuck matchstick puzzles.

This pretty much sums it up.

Susan Arendt:

DTWolfwood:

http://www.escapistmagazine.com/articles/view/editorials/reviews/6670-Review-Saw

Oh dear, a spam bot seems to have made it into my topic. I should report this.

That actually made me laugh out loud. If it turns out like that, I would seriously buy four different copies of the game and frame each one.

HankMan:
"You have exactly one minute to start a fire, Or your family dies."

Onyx Oblivion:
Who knew Layton was such a dick?

That's just a puppet. It's obvious the real villain IS...

No way, it's the light

My first reaction at the end was Phoenix standing up with a loud 'Objection!'

But then the chair he was bound in really sunk in and then I got scared.

yeah, i was a bit irritated that Layton looked so pissed ALL THE TIME when i first watched that trailer. he only spent about 2% of his games angry. god, that comic was so out of nowhere (was it though?) but utterly hilarious.

I hope this game will get a western release, but if not, I will learn Japanese just to play this game.
Cos it's awesome

Grey Carter:

Susan Arendt:

DTWolfwood:

Oh dear, a spam bot seems to have made it into my topic. I should report this.

Hello, Grey. I want to play a little game...

JFuss:
Foo Fighters, i loled.
Anyone?

Yea, me too!

Grey Carter:

Read Full Article

Phoenix Wright vs Professor Layton. A tale of two men and their dubiously young "traveling companions" on a quest for justice.

I don't think there's one moment where Layton doesn't look like he's bottling up unspeakable rage. This, gentle readers is not the face of a man about to engage in some mutually beneficial cooperation. It is the face of a man who is about to shank a motherfucker.

Nah, Prof. Layton looks pretty calm at around 2:19 of that video, but I get your point.
OT: Doesn't really look like my type of game (I've always been shitty at puzzle games), to be honest, but the story seems to pique my interest a little bit.

Nightmare fuel...

OK... I said in the past that comics seeking a mass appeal should avoid specific references and jokes that might not make sense to people who are unfamiliar with certain series'... but this one is so utterly hilarious I'm willing to totally ignore my past convictions. Seriously, this is the funniest comic yet!

I didn't even know Layton had a prosecutor's degree. And seeing Pheonix in FMV, instead of just sprite animation? YES PLEASE.

Pity it ain't coming out in the US.

Ih8pkmn:
I didn't even know Layton had a prosecutor's degree. And seeing Pheonix in FMV, instead of just sprite animation? YES PLEASE.

Pity it ain't coming out in the US.

It will. IT BETTER. We need to find some way to start a petition of some sort, perhaps?

Pages PREV 1 2 3 NEXT

Reply to Thread

Have an account? Login below:
With Facebook:Login With Facebook
or
Username:  
Password:  

Not registered? To sign up for an account with The Escapist:
Register With Facebook
Register With Facebook
or
Register for a free account here