Trailers: F.E.A.R. 3 Trailer

Pages 1 2 NEXT

F.E.A.R. 3 Trailer

The action and fight packed F.E.A.R. is back for a third installment on March 22nd 2011.

Watch Video

You know, just once I wish a video game would set up an obvious trap in the middle of a kill-zone (I'm referring to that cradle scene) and not have enemies pop out of the woodwork, just to screw with us.

meh , seems to light to be scary enough . and the soldiers from the first fear were alot scarier then some skeletons , they had no personality and the typical scary stuff but still made you shocked when one popped out from a corner . i think they need to make it alot " creepier" to achieve a better effect.

Cool! Another Ffthrear trailer!

you know, I could say meh, but, I want to see this game, I don't know why, but, I want to play this game.......

hittite:
You know, just once I wish a video game would set up an obvious trap in the middle of a kill-zone (I'm referring to that cradle scene) and not have enemies pop out of the woodwork, just to screw with us.

I remember when Quake 4 pulled off the exact opposite.

Corporal Johan Strauss: "Oh damn, now we have to wait for the elevator. I hate waiting for elevators!"

I think FEAR 3 may have promise and could bring back respect to the name of the game (Damn you FEAR 2 for being so tame).

Error 200. Steam not found. Hmm...

I'm looking forward to playing Point Man again and seeing how the story is going to progress. Obviously the psychic demons aren't playing nice with him, so I wonder how this is going to play out, especially with Fettel stalking him and momma trying to rebuild her family. Sounds like it will be one twisted family story that would make Jerry Springer's head spin.

Nile McMorrow:
I think FEAR 3 may have promise and could bring back respect to the name of the game (Damn you FEAR 2 for being so tame).

I agree. FEAR 2 was just too easy and not nearly as scary as the first imho.

This series doesn't make sense any more.

If the logo is any indication of its lameness, this will be another stinker.

Twad:

Nile McMorrow:

That's because they tried to scare you EVERY FIVE FUCKING SECONDS. Here's hoping they can chill a bit on the whole "shadow running across the hallway"-thing. Otherwise, meh.

hittite:

Silent Hill 3 in the park. Rocking chair. That's all I'm saying.

usucdik:
This series doesn't make sense any more.

Bah. The series never made sense to begin with. That's what made it so much fun.

I can't wait for this game. Angry that, like everything that gets a release date now, it got delayed, as I have nothing after Black Ops to look forward to. Still, this trailer shows promise I think, and there was no live action goofyness.

I may play this I just think Fear could do with some pacing and a bit more atmosphere so when you do have to fight it would catch you off guard. That would be actually scary. As it stands fear 2 and this are mostly just good action games in my mind.

did anyone else laugh at the final jump 'scare'.

I like playing the original fear, it actually scared me (didn't help that I turned of the lights to play it). Fear 2 not so much still enjoyable but not as scary (at least to recollection). Hopefully ph34r or whatever will be scarier

So, this is different from the other two, how?

It looks more like, "F.3.A.R. More o' dat weird shit"

Seriously. When will the series actually end?

Twad:

Nile McMorrow:

Agreed, FEAR & Extraction Point fucked my day all up, Perseus mandate and FEAR 2 were... eh. FEAR 3? They should know what works by now. I'll preorder.

This looks interesting. Not scary, but interesting. However, the thing with F.E.A.R. was this: There wasn't enough horror. It thought it was a bit scary, and I was a little bit scared a few times (I'm a big horror fan, but the curse is that I have very high expectations for most horror), but they were too few. It wasn't rationed like SIlent Hill 2's Pyramid Head, seen enough that you fear him, but spread out enough that he doesn't lose his touch. F.E.A.R. tried this, but there wasn't enough. You'd be lucky to have the lights flicker once in a level. There was too much generic FPS and gimmicky bullet time and not enough horror.

Also, Don't get me started on F.E.A.R. 2. Whoever replaced the creepy little girl with her naked older self, ya know, the guy who replaced one thing that slightly scared me just for some frontal nudity and maybe a glimpse of bare ass, he should be kicked in the balls.

Then again, I got F.E.A.R. for 5 bucks and F.E.A.R. 2 for 10. I don't think I care enough to pay $50 considering how I didn't care for the first 2 much. It does look cool, though, although the trailer didn't scare me once.

That's also what I don't like about F.E.A.R. It has an antagonist(?) who could cause some serious atmosphere, but they choose the "BOO!" tactic, which is really old now.

Also, Unfortunately, Amnesia has spoiled most horror games for me due in part to the atmosphere, part to the story, part to the freaky monster design, and part to one moment that I will cherish forever. Perfect circumstance, and it proves that startling is scarier when it's your fault.

waterblender:
did anyone else laugh at the final jump 'scare'.

Yes. I did.

Ha!

Apparently the people behind this game think they have an actual horror title on their hands.

What a joke.

I've played Amnesia. This trailer just made me giggle.

Also, whoever decided to call the game F.3.A.R., with the three in the middle like that, needs to have a live badger stuffed down their pants.

That said, I may well end up getting this game just for the hell of it. One should always be give these things a chance, right? Right...?

Place your bets on whether or not the fourth one will be called "FE4R".

God dammit, has nobody learned from Driv3r? USING A THREE IN YOUR TITLE IS NOT CLEVER OR COOL. IT MAKES YOU LOOK LIKE A BERK.

On an actual serious standpoint, though: I loved the original FEAR, but never picked up any of the expansions. Call me easily scared but the original was good at what it did: short, sharp shocks in that old Western horror style. It didn't have anything which stuck with you afterwards though, and that's where true fright in games comes from. It just didn't have 'scary staying power' (professional phrases here, folks) to make it recognisable as a frightening game. Looks like this'll be the same. They just need to be a bit more subtle rather than throwing it in your face.

It's a shame, because Alma is perfect- they just need to utilise her better.

(The best things in the original FEAR? 1) The ladder scene. That hit me like a tonne of bricks the first time around. 2) Running through the sewer. That was unnerving. Just goes to show you don't need pools of blood to be scary -_-)

this made me bored

Denis Prociuk:
meh , seems to light to be scary enough . and the soldiers from the first fear were alot scarier then some skeletons , they had no personality and the typical scary stuff but still made you shocked when one popped out from a corner . i think they need to make it alot " creepier" to achieve a better effect.

Don't worry, the replica are returning.

The only good thing about the FEAR series now is the giant mech and that it works in the multiplayer. If they got rid of that in 3, then I might as well not bother.

I've never played FEAR one, but i've played FEAR two. Bassacally my conclusion is this for FEAR two. Less crappy "super" soilders, more scary HUD fuck-ups. Because at first i was scared to go find the chick. Stupid, mostley cause my freind was over my shoulder screaming "SHE'S RIGHT AROUND THE CORNER!". This created paranoia, but when they started to really show her they showed her so much she became tolerated, and although I love how 1st person this game is. That is it's only outstanding concept, the guns were normal. The only gun that seemed Sci-Fi had ten shots in the whole game! But all i want to see, and i'm sure no-one will agree, is basically a cinimatic interactive horror game that has got more little creepy girls than the ring!

I never played the fear games but i read about them. I know in the last one u impregnated ALMA.(how that shit works i will never know) And in the promo for this one you appear to have one of her spawn calling you brother.....so did ALMA have twins and you play as one of the twins that came out normal and the other came out twisted monster mind fucking nut-job that stayed with his Mum? And ALMA is pregnant again aparently.... If my speculation is correct....then....and, i thought MY family life was a bloody horror novel

I just realised something.
Fear: Fear Alma
Fear 2: Fear Alma Again (yea right :P)
Fear 3: Fear Alma Again ^.^ .... Again

or the alternative version:
Fear 3: Fear Alma's family

Nile McMorrow:

Fear 3: Fear Alma's family

And you are part of the family now !

I like the trailer, looking forward to play the game.

Fear 1: Good fun, a bit generic at times but lots of good scares.
Fear 2: Good scares and gunplay but also generic and the story was lacking.
Fear 3: Retarded.

Looks like they are trying to add a bit of psychological horror but they still resort to cheap scares, the environments look a bit too bright and im annoyed about the working with fettel thing. It just seems a bit stupid to me. We spent the first game hunting him, the second game fearing him (pun) and now we have to work with him? It seems they are trying to mix things up and maybe get us out of our comfort zone but that just messes with the players continuity. Ill probably give this game a miss.

I will under no circumstances be able to read F.3.A.R. in any other way than "far three".

It just sounds to good.

FiveSpeedf150:

Twad:

Nile McMorrow:

Agreed, FEAR & Extraction Point fucked my day all up, Perseus mandate and FEAR 2 were... eh. FEAR 3? They should know what works by now. I'll preorder.

The nurse part of extraction point where you first walk into the maternity ward and that Silent Hill nurse thing screams at u scared the living fuck out of me XD

hittite:

they do that sometimes but they normally just have the turn around and "BOO OMG THERES A SPOOKY GHOST RIGHT BEHIND YOU! OMG HOW LONG HAS HE BEEN FOLLOWING ME?!" thing.

Honestly, I think the inclusion of co-op into F.3.A.R. (lazy god damn name...), is a mistake for a horror game. I am terrified when I have good atmosphere, great sound, and more importantly: My character is the only living soul within the discernible area. Having another gun-toting (in this case, enemy-possessing) guy following me destroys that 'alone' tension.

Pages 1 2 NEXT

Reply to Thread

Your account does not have posting rights. If you feel this is in error, please contact an administrator. (ID# 64770)