Daily Drop: Corks

Pages 1 2 NEXT

Corks

Pop a bottle. In fact, pop several!

Watch Video

gotta love watching stuff fall from large heights. looks like shotgun

Another great video, but corks? Hmm... do you think it's possible to run out of ideas?

they should do a 3D version of this where that black cork comes out and tries to rip our faces off

supermariner:
they should do a 3D version of this where that black cork comes out and tries to rip our faces off

Ninja'd, that was a surprisingly awesome drop.

How many corks were there in that bag? Also wait, you can buy a bagful of corks? or did you rob the corks from some wine shops?

Scarim Coral:
How many corks were there in that bag?

Shit, I got ninja'd too. But yeah, how many corks WAS that? And a couple of them were jumping towards the camera.

And tomorrow it's a jar of cheese sauce. That's gonna be a bitch of a time to clean up...

My brothers and sisters! Noooo! D:

This series is awesome, keep 'em coming guys!

Tomorrow looks like it's gonna be a messy one.

It looks fascinating in reverse. It's therapeutic!!

mmmm wine.

hunh... I'd like to see those shot out of a fully automatic rifle at the wall on a high speed camera.

That's alot of wine bottles you guys must have cracked open for this clip. Tomorrow's looks like it's going to be really good! :D

I'm just waiting for the drop that created that hole in the floor. It's there in some videos, like today's, but not there in others such as the ground coffee from yesterday. What did you guys drop to mess the floor up so badly?

Uuuummmm....
That was...a mindfuck....an awesome one at that. Keep'em coming guys!

I think Paul might have a drinking problem

What I wanna see is a functioning jackhammer or drill, with the drill pointing downwards.
That'd be AWESOME.

You tend to collect corks when you drink wine.

part of the background music sounds like the strange chatter you hear while hacking a security console in deus ex.
just thought it was cool, and that is all.

This may sound strange, but what about a cat? I've seen cats fall from higher with ease, but never in slow motion.

Hatchet90:
Another great video, but corks? Hmm... do you think it's possible to run out of ideas?

It's possible, but we haven't.
We've shot 150 of these, and we're showing them in random order, so there's plenty of great stuff to look forward to.

150 of them? Very nice. It's good you guys have a queue. I suppose it's not that difficult, since you just have to clean up after each one. I think the eggs are the hardest.

Man that one was beautiful

That was fun. Great mix of cork and rubber/silicon corks.

Given that black coming straight for the camera, how many times did you guys freak out that something was about to hit and damage that very expensive camera you rented?

Ah surprisingly awesome. Was apprehensive about corks, but way to prove me wrong! :D love this. Very therapeutic.

You know, you should have soaked them in gasoline and lit them on fire first. That would have been really cool.

the corks were better than I expected and I expect tomorrows to be pretty great too, but I suspect I will feel bad for whatever intern or lesser member of the team that is required to clean it up

GrahamS:
We've shot 150 of these, and we're showing them in random order, so there's plenty of great stuff to look forward to.

Damn!! Lucky for you, the Halloween themed ones matched up perfectly...

OT: I was doubtful of this one to begin with but found myself cheering on the corks. Such as the black one that attacked out of nowhere.

"Oh, hey little guy! C'mon, c'mon. You can do it."

Then there was the guy that was late to the party. Loved that one.

Why is the second song not in the music section? (I found it on Last.fm in case anyone else wants it, as it's a free download there)

unacomn:
This may sound strange, but what about a cat? I've seen cats fall from higher with ease, but never in slow motion.

Animal Rights people would complain. And you can see their point, no matter how interesting it would be for thousands of people to see that, it just takes one idiot who just has to try everything out for himself and one cat, and then splat. Idiot says he was inspired by the Escapist, people at the Escapist feel guilty and sad, Escapist viewers feel sad. Paul can't walk the streets anymore without getting spat on (by cats)... you just don't want to do there.

Great! I picked one cork to look at and it its multiple collisions were somehow funny. Too bad I'm too lazy to youtube a version with that little buddy highlighted.

It's sooooo pretttttyyyyyy...

GrahamS:

Hatchet90:

Ha, I was wondering whether you had done a huge number of them already since they don't take nearly as much time as your other stuff.

You know, I really liked that kickass music in the background. That is now officially the "corks being dropped from a height" theme song.

...is there somewhere I can get it?

More entertaining than expected. I loved the nearly chaotic physics involved, with all the collisions, rotational momentum, etc. I liked the bounciest ones coming down on the second fall to collide with the last of the original batch still bouncing upward. And then, there was the really bouncy one at the end, just when everything was kind of settled, here comes that one out of nowhere.

ClanCrusher:
You know, I really liked that kickass music in the background. That is now officially the "corks being dropped from a height" theme song.

...is there somewhere I can get it?

Click the "Music" link below the video, then click the "Younnat" link on the page you get to.

Eric the Orange:
Tomorrow looks like it's gonna be a messy one.

QFT lol

Pages 1 2 NEXT

Reply to Thread

Have an account? Login below:
With Facebook:Login With Facebook
or
Username:  
Password:  

Not registered? To sign up for an account with The Escapist:
Register With Facebook
Register With Facebook
or