The Escapist Film Festival 2010: Creature Caster Masters

Pages 1 2 NEXT

Creature Caster Masters

The world of creatures is a strange and interesting place. Join Justin Beatum and his pal Tun-Tun as they battle their way to the top and fight to become Creature Caster Masters!

Watch Video

I enjoyed it. Definitely a good contestant.

Mr.Mattress:
I enjoyed it. Definitely a good contestant.

Thanks man, glad you liked it.

Whoops, comp flipped out and it double posted.

The video was nice, but Tun-Tuns voice freaked me out a bit. I would have liked it to be a bit...softer? i dunno. But still, the video had several good moments.

Sandwich: not to be confused with Sandvich.

It funny make me laugh good.

I like the attention to detail of giving all the items little funny descriptions.

Oh god, that was fucking great. I haven't stopped laughing.

This is great! This could probably go on to inspire some really popular games and a CCG and maybe even a few movies.

Seriously, though, this was good, but I have to admit that I've seen most of the jokes before. The bicycle one was funny, though.

This is good. Well done!

I loved it so much. I hope you win.

Could do with a little more polishing up but I still really enjoyed it :3

My only gripe was that the timing of the jokes, their were like awkward pauses and some of the jokes jumped out of nowhere too fast.
I'd imagine after a few episodes you'd improve a lot though! Just needs practice :3

You should plan it out similar to the actual pokemon series, sketch out your own small pokemon list, a map that you can work from and stuff like that. Just for consistency.

Dexiro:

My only gripe was that the timing of the jokes, their were like awkward pauses and some of the jokes jumped out of nowhere too fast.
I'd imagine after a few episodes you'd improve a lot though! Just needs practice :3

You should plan it out similar to the actual pokemon series, sketch out your own small pokemon list, a map that you can work from and stuff like that. Just for consistency.

That's not a bad idea at all (He should also make them interactive like D&A's map)

I also think he should make a card game... I'd buy it.

(Also, not to complain or anything, But could some people please review my Cartoon?)

Eric the Orange:

I like the attention to detail of giving all the items little runny descriptions.

Ha, I'm glad someone noticed those, I did try my best to make each item have a silly description.

randommaster:
This is great! This could probably go on to inspire some really popular games and a CCG and maybe even a few movies.

Seriously, though, this was good, but I have to admit that I've seen most of the jokes before. The bicycle one was funny, though.

I'd love to actually release a card game based on this show, I used to play YuGiOh, Pokemon and a bit of Magic growing up, so it'd be awesome to make my own game. Also I tried to think of jokes that I've never seen done anywhere else, obviously there's going to be overlap, but trust me I have a lot of original joke ideas for subsequent episodes if I win.

Dexiro:

Yeah, the reason the timing is a little awkward on some of the jokes is that part of the way through production I had to switch voice actors for Justin, so things got a little messed up, if I get a chance to actually produce this series that wouldn't be a problem in the coming episodes. And, (as I said to randommaster) I'd love to expand upon the universe with maps and card games and a list of creatures, that sounds like a blast!

-Jim

God dang it my computer keeps double posting things.

LOL
I just love that bit where he's all bandaged up and pissed off.

Jimtopia:

Eric the Orange:

I like the attention to detail of giving all the items little runny descriptions.

Ha, I'm glad someone noticed those, I did try my best to make each item have a silly description.

randommaster:

I'd love to actually release a card game based on this show, I used to play YuGiOh, Pokemon and a bit of Magic growing up, so it'd be awesome to make my own game. Also I tried to think of jokes that I've never seen done anywhere else, obviously there's going to be overlap, but trust me I have a lot of original joke ideas for subsequent episodes if I win.

-Jim

No worries, just kind of thinking (typing?) out loud. Looking forward to more episodes.

Loved it. It is a wonderful parody mash-up.

lol, loved the voice, sounded identical to the Jaden from the darksideincorporated YuGiOh GX abridged... which is also awesome.

thumbs up from me.

God, yes.

Hope you win, good sir.
That was awesome.

Also, Justin Beibem? Awesome

Great job! There are 151 different pokemon parodies, and you still managed to do one that was different then the rest, was very funny, and made jokes not made in other parodies. I especially loved the item descriptions, and the way the characters know they're in a videogame world. Nice work and good luck!

"Now where did I leave my bike? Oh that's right, in my backpack!"
I love these kinds of fourth wall jokes, like how the enemy's vision is based on movement.
I wish there was some kind of favorites gallery so that even if this doesn't continue I could still watch it again

This needs to win dang it!!!!

In my language, the creatures name made it very unpleasant to watch.

loved the 89x times repel you ve got a vote from me

Wow, that was very good. Jokes were funny and the animation wasn't bad. The timing was a little strange though. If you tighten up the dialogue when you edit it, not only would the jokes come across better, but it would shorten the video, allowing you more time to polish up the animation.

Very good work though.

AWSUM.

This is definitely among your best work man, congrats. I'd love to see this serialized.

made of win

Daveman:
lol, loved the voice, sounded identical to the Jaden from the darksideincorporated YuGiOh GX abridged... which is also awesome.

thumbs up from me.

^^; That's because it's the same person.

Great animation, it was fun to watch though I agree with the earlier comments about the pace; it felt a little awkward at times...good luck :)

2 laughs. how many were you goign for?

Totalanimefan:

Daveman:

thumbs up from me.

^^; That's because it's the same person.

I FUCKING KNEW IT!!!!!!! God damn... although I did expect an "ow, my coccyx" with the bike.

Great job! Very well done. I think you have the best chance to win this thing! I think out of all the videos that I've seen you and Jetman Jam should tie and maybe both of you will get a contract! Nice work!

funny the best i have seen so far got a vote from me

Absolutely Fantastic! I was laughing every minute and loved the little descriptions, made me really watch the show instead of skimming through like the other films.

i hope this thing wins i really do :)

Pages 1 2 NEXT

Reply to Thread

Have an account? Login below:
With Facebook:Login With Facebook
or
Username:  
Password:  

Not registered? To sign up for an account with The Escapist:
Register With Facebook
Register With Facebook
or