The Escapist Film Festival 2010: The Pitch

The Pitch

When the video game industry is running out of ideas, it's the perfect chance for a small company to steal the spotlight!
Though they might not have any good ideas either...

Watch Video

I think the drawings are cute :0 and it was a little cringe-worthy, if I'm honest.

Although if this does get lots of votes, please keep the silent guy mute. Forever. As a mute he is gold.
(The notebook slap made me giggle xD).

Good luck anyway! :D

Well I was waiting to see this. A really big improvement over your video last year.

I really liked that ending scene with the glass of (I want to say) milk.

So where do you see this story going?

Honesty is appreciated. I would've liked more time to work on the script; I'm much better improvised than on paper but that's hard to do with other people. I'm glad you liked Patrick and the spit take, though! (apparently I'm good at spit-takes, but I'm always facing electronics so I can't make a mess XD )

Patrick will be forever mute. A:He's funny that way, and B:He's the quietest damn person ever (literally, low volume).

Basically my idea was that the pilot sends the small company on the rise to where the big developers actually want to work with them (obviously opening up for a lot more cross-referencing, but I'd like to see the characters develop too).
I'd like to take a run at some old ideas as well. The original premise for the vid was just "I wish I could have been at the meeting where that idea got pitched," looking at all the weird and ridiculous games out there.

Our idea was very similar, we made a pilot about two guys who make a video game.

Which one was yours?
Unfortunately I'm so frickin' busy I just don't have time to watch everyone's vids, but anyone who's a positive contributor makes me want to watch their vid.

I just hope our ideas aren't so similar we drag each other down. -_-;

RalenGainsborough:
Honesty is appreciated. I would've liked more time to work on the script; I'm much better improvised than on paper but that's hard to do with other people. I'm glad you liked Patrick and the spit take, though! (apparently I'm good at spit-takes, but I'm always facing electronics so I can't make a mess XD )

Two words: plastic wrap. More words: But only if you can't get actual covers for the screen and keyboard.

This was good, but there were some issues with the framing in the first scene. It seems really cramped in there.

I'd look forward to more videos.

Thanks! Hopefully next time my cameraman won't bail on me. It was a really cramped office, so I needed someone behind the camera to free up the shots (I had to set up the shots myself...and I'm in most of them... :P)

RalenGainsborough:
Which one was yours?
Unfortunately I'm so frickin' busy I just don't have time to watch everyone's vids, but anyone who's a positive contributor makes me want to watch their vid.

I just hope our ideas aren't so similar we drag each other down. -_-;

Here is what we did.

http://www.escapistmagazine.com/forums/read/6.242469-The-Escapist-Film-Festival-2010-BETA

Hey, Space Gophers is totally mine! Are you from Saskatchewan too?

OT: Pretty good, better than some of the youtube-ish entries I've seen flooding the scene. If you could tell me where the story is going without spoiling it, you might win my vote (s).

That was golden!

Truth be told, I wasn't expecting much, but that was great! :D

... Patrick <333333333333
The notepad smack was awesome.

You guys did a great job! More personality for the characters! Make sure they already have ideas in advance no matter how far out they are. So the audience isn't sitting there thinking if they don't have any ideas from the pilot...

Thanks a lot guys! I'll have to tell Patrick he has some fans. :P

I guess my intention on the direction for the series was a little subtle. I'm used to working with comics a lot more than video, and things like that take some adjustment. Same thing for the characters (plus no real acting experience).
I'd really like to work with the idea some more, though.
Are there any rules against continuing the series on your own? If not I might do just that (though working around four jobs is tough when you're not getting paid to do the vids... perhaps in comic form?).

The acting...
Oh, Lord, the acting.

Great for laughs, though. AT you, not with you. Sorry.

Enjoyable, but the acting needs work if its going beat BETA out for "show about game developers".

Characterization is nice though.

Reply to Thread

Have an account? Login below:
With Facebook:Login With Facebook
or
Username:  
Password:  

Not registered? To sign up for an account with The Escapist:
Register With Facebook
Register With Facebook
or
Register for a free account here