The Escapist Film Festival 2010: Manichus TV - Episode 1 - Knives, Bread and Coke.

Manichus TV - Episode 1 - Knives, Bread and Coke.

Manichus is a sketch show in the guise of a television channel. The theme... something vaguely (very vague) to do with gaming.

No we are not trying to be loading, ready, run as we believe that our style is significantly different.

Hope you enjoy.

Watch Video

A few more things you should know about the series should it progress to being a regular series on the escapist.

1) Were aiming to make at least 15 miute long episodes

2) We'll have monthly competitions with prizes (not like usual prizes though)

3) We will buy better equipment :P

4) We are currently writing the script for an epic series filled with epicness that will acctually have a plot. It may even fill that gaping hole that doomsday arcade used to fill in our hearts. But that's completaly differant from Manichus TV.

Anyway, Ill leave you to the festival.

A few comments:

1. I don't think the Escapists wants 15 minute episodes. Nothing else on the site is that long.

2. The frowny-face Jack O'Lantern and the stabbing the knife with a knife made me lol.

The second skit was the best by far, although Bread Rising was pretty funny, too. The video quality needs some work, though. It's kind fuzzy. I'd definitely watch more Mr. Stabby, though.

Stabby MacStabStab cracked me up. Approved!

randommaster:
The second skit was the best by far, although Bread Rising was pretty funny, too. The video quality needs some work, though. It's kind fuzzy. I'd definitely watch more Mr. Stabby, though.

Yeah it is pretty crapy quality, sorry about that. We didn't have much of a budjet and the camera we were going to use got lost somehow and then the other camera broke so we had to borrow a camera of one of our mates. We will be buying a good camera and stuff to make everything good though. So don't worry to much about the video quality.

King Kool:
A few comments:

1. I don't think the Escapists wants 15 minute episodes. Nothing else on the site is that long.

2. The frowny-face Jack O'Lantern and the stabbing the knife with a knife made me lol.

Unforgotten realms? the earlier ones. Anyway, well if that's the case then that only makes our jobs easier, anyway that was just what we were aiming for, wether we would be able to make that is still to be seen.

Thanks for comments everyone, glad to see a response.

If you have questions or anything I'd be happy to answer them.

Captain Bobbossa:

randommaster:

Yeah it is pretty crapy quality, sorry about that. We didn't have much of a budjet and the camera we were going to use got lost somehow and then the other camera broke so we had to borrow a camera of one of our mates. We will be buying a good camera and stuff to make everything good though. So don't worry to much about the video quality.

No worries, I know all about shit going crazy on a deadline.

The Stabby McStabstab bit cracked me up in the first half, and the Nuka Cola bit was decent though made kind of boring by not going anywhere others haven't, but everything else felt awkward as hell. Bread Rising was dragging itself on with one gag that didn't go anywhere, the human trafficking joke was revealed through the list before it was even delivered which killed its chance of being funny, and the only joke after that was stalker voice announcer, which has been done to death. Also, from the first time STD was mentioned I immediately knew all the jokes that were going to be made. My advice would be to work on your script, develope something with punch and character like Stabby, though with more exploration of him and less repeating one line over and over (the war wasn't really funny the first time and just got a bit annoying with repetition). You stumbled onto something good with the quirkiness of Stabby, and I think if you worked on that you might have something good to show for next year.

Gsteve:
The Stabby McStabstab bit cracked me up in the first half, and the Nuka Cola bit was decent though made kind of boring by not going anywhere others haven't, but everything else felt awkward as hell. Bread Rising was dragging itself on with one gag that didn't go anywhere, the human trafficking joke was revealed through the list before it was even delivered which killed its chance of being funny, and the only joke after that was stalker voice announcer, which has been done to death. Also, from the first time STD was mentioned I immediately knew all the jokes that were going to be made. My advice would be to work on your script, develope something with punch and character like Stabby, though with more exploration of him and less repeating one line over and over (the war wasn't really funny the first time and just got a bit annoying with repetition). You stumbled onto something good with the quirkiness of Stabby, and I think if you worked on that you might have something good to show for next year.

First of all, thanks for the critisism as the escapist communities' views are important for obvious reasons. I agree with the Bread Rising thing dragging out to much but not to make excuses, more to explain, the times that everyone could do where all messed up and we couldn't get some of the clips that we wanted done done so we had to write some new stuff the day before. Max had an army thing when Rachael was available and Rachael was seeing her family when Max was available so Bread Rising didn't turn out to well but there were no other days we could shoot. But it's all ok now as Max didn't get into the TA :P so we've all got a free enough timetable to make this happen well. Plus Rodaidh wasn't really involved in the writting as we got him in at the last minute to fix all the sound and write music and stuff. But he's hilarious so he'll be writting on future episodes.

As for the STD thing, Im a bit gutted that hasn't gone down as well (judging by the comments) as I quite liked that one, but oh well, each to there own. But in responce, that was kind of the point that all the jokes would be about STD's.

So thank you for the review, I'm sure it will help with the rest of the series, be it the winner of a contract or something we just continue in our own time untill next year.

Thought I'd mention that this series is going to continue on youtube if we don't win.

I enjoyed this, especially Stabby McStabstab's cooking scene. At first I thought it would be faaaar too similar to LRR's Man Cooking series, and while it was, you managed to use Stabby's character well enough that it was still amusing and different. STDs wasn't anything new but still amusing, and Bread Rising was an amusing pun, and I enjoyed the sketch.
If you don't win, I'll look you up on Youtube. =3

Moon_Called:
I enjoyed this, especially Stabby McStabstab's cooking scene. At first I thought it would be faaaar too similar to LRR's Man Cooking series, and while it was, you managed to use Stabby's character well enough that it was still amusing and different. STDs wasn't anything new but still amusing, and Bread Rising was an amusing pun, and I enjoyed the sketch.

Thanks man, I'll post a link up here after the competition.

Moon_Called:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=2NsA8ekQyy8 there it is. taken a while but we were doing some other things aswell :P

although not sure if you'll like this episode as it's one main sketch split up by completaly unrelated sketches and the main one is more local humour about a village called Avoch (pronounced not the way you would think it is) which I would imagine won't make much sence to someone who doesn't know about Avoch.

Episode 3 will be more back on track and acctually have something to do with gaming :P but it's not out yet.

Anyway, thought I'd let you know, coz I said I would.

And if anyone still cares... episode 3

Reply to Thread

Have an account? Login below:
With Facebook:Login With Facebook
or
Username:  
Password:  

Not registered? To sign up for an account with The Escapist:
Register With Facebook
Register With Facebook
or
Register for a free account here