The Escapist Film Festival 2010: Three-Legged Race

Three-Legged Race

Three-Legged Race is an experimental web series that combines animation, sketches, satire, parody and abstract thinking with a healthy dose of the absurd. This is a show that hopes to be free of the heavily-entrenched habits of other web series. One episode might consist of several distinct interludes, the next might be a single sketch. With Three-Legged Race, it's anyone's guess what you'll see next.

Watch Video

What if my atoms are distirbuted unevenly thoughout the galaxy?

This was great, the animatiopn especially. What's up with the whole sode bottle bit, though? That part seemsed random and definitely wasn't as interesting as the rest. Looking forward to more episodes.

It's so hard to demonstrate that my series would be varied in only one episode, AND without using the word "random," or to demonstrate I want to use many techniques with a better word than "multimedia." I figured that each episode would have a mundane observation I made at some point in the week. I have a few others shot, but there wasn't any more room (and I wouldn't put more than one in an episode anyway).

The cartoons are definitely the strongest part. I'm glad you enjoyed it.

King Kool:
It's so hard to demonstrate that my series would be varied in only one episode, AND without using the word "random," or to demonstrate I want to use many techniques with a better word than "multimedia." I figured that each episode would have a mundane observation I made at some point in the week. I have a few others shot, but there wasn't any more room (and I wouldn't put more than one in an episode anyway).

Uh, ok. but what does this have to do with video gaming? I think you did a pretty good job with this as far as the acting and definitely an original idea, you could have probably made the first cut had you centered it around a few different games. Not T.V. game shows, but video games. I was really going to dog you because of the the way you seem to be going to everyone else and dogging their videos, however I will just chalk it up to poor sportsmanship, and bad judgment. I can say at least you had something original, and some people on the first cut didn't and seemed to copy Unskippable, and ZP.

mm2publish:

King Kool:

Uh, ok. but what does this have to do with video gaming? I think you did a pretty good job with this as far as the acting and definitely an original idea, you could have probably made the first cut had you centered it around a few different games. Not T.V. game shows, but video games. I was really going to dog you because of the the way you seem to be going to everyone else and dogging their videos, however I will just chalk it up to poor sportsmanship, and bad judgment. I can say at least you had something original, and some people on the first cut didn't and seemed to copy Unskippable, and ZP.

For the moment, I'm going to ignore the fact that you harassed me in other topics, and the 'poor sportsmanship and bad judgment' comments and answer the pertinent question you bring up.

The darn truth is I hadn't actually thought about the fact that it's a gaming website and my pilot should be gaming humor. Not ONCE did that ever occur to me in all the production of the pilot. I simply created the kind of humor that interests me, and I wanted to keep the freedom to make other things that interest me if the thought came to me.

It seems obvious now, but I probably wouldn't have entered, or my entry would have been like everyone else's, I've made gaming humor before, but I don't think it's what's in my heart.

King Kool:

mm2publish:

King Kool:

For the moment, I'm going to ignore the fact that you harassed me in other topics, and the 'poor sportsmanship and bad judgment' comments and answer the pertinent question you bring up.

The darn truth is I hadn't actually thought about the fact that it's a gaming website and my pilot should be gaming humor. Not ONCE did that ever occur to me in all the production of the pilot. I simply created the kind of humor that interests me, and I wanted to keep the freedom to make other things that interest me if the thought came to me.

It seems obvious now, but I probably wouldn't have entered, or my entry would have been like everyone else's, I've made gaming humor before, but I don't think it's what's in my heart.

It's not a big deal. We all made some mistakes, or we would all be in the first cut. Mine was obvious. I only had a week to prepare. Although I could have just copied the Trailer to "Ace Combat's Assault Horizon" (Google it) I was worried about the copyright legalities, and decided to go with original material in the style of the game. My original fighter jet video had "Black Betty by Ram Jam" and was in HD, but again second guessing the copyright issues I decided to change it to 3 different royalty free songs that gave 3 different feels of what was going on. I guess I should have done a voice over to let people know what it was about, but I thought that was why we sent in the 300 x 300 introduction that never made it on here. All the same. My Bad! hind sight is always 20/20 and I'll know better next year. I think that most of us did a pretty good job on here with the exception of a few WTF's but what really gets me is the fact that 2 videos that did make first cut are nothing but copies of Zero Punctuation and Unskippable. I already feel bad because I live about 20 miles from The Escapist home office and would really love to work for them. I have close to 30 years experience in Graphic art/photography/website design/and videography including audio mixing, editing, and special effects, but didn't have the time to put what I really wanted to do in action. I've already lost so, when you hit me with a negative comment it was like beating a dead dog! I already know where I screwed up so just enjoy the fighter jets and music. At least I didn't drag it out for the full 5 min. Lol

Fair enough. I might explain that in the actual thread, because I think everyone was WTFing at it.

One question persists: what would the series have been?

I actually enjoyed this one quite a bit. The soda bottle thing was rather bizarre and felt out of place, and I thought for a bit that the game show at the beginning had been forgotten, so I was a tad confused when it came back. Over all, though, I'm interested in what this might have become.

Savant Crime:
I actually enjoyed this one quite a bit. The soda bottle thing was rather bizarre and felt out of place, and I thought for a bit that the game show at the beginning had been forgotten, so I was a tad confused when it came back. Over all, though, I'm interested in what this might have become.

I'm still trying to determine, if it felt out of place, whether I failed or succeeded.

King Kool:

Savant Crime:

I'm still trying to determine, if it felt out of place, whether I failed or succeeded.

I think it may be the reason that it felt out of place. For me, it didn't fit with the rest, because most of the video is polished and felt scripted (in a good way). The pop bottle segment looked like a YouTube video. The kind that gets four views and then fades into obscurity.

Savant Crime:

King Kool:

Savant Crime:

I think it may be the reason that it felt out of place. For me, it didn't fit with the rest, because most of the video is polished and felt scripted (in a good way). The pop bottle segment looked like a YouTube video. The kind that gets four views and then fades into obscurity.

I had a better clip in the same vein, but it was longer and I was already pushing the limit, so I went with that one instead. In fact, I had a whole 'nother segment that was cut because it was too similar to something else on the Escapist.

I really enjoyed this, and when I saw the credits, I was surprised to see you were related to Alex when the credits rolled around. The skits were amusing, but the immersion was really broken by the pop-bottle thing. I expected a punchline but got none, and was pretty much less amused and more confused by it.

Overall, though, I enjoyed this, so good luck to you. =3

Moon_Called:
I really enjoyed this, and when I saw the credits, I was surprised to see you were related to Alex when the credits rolled around. The skits were amusing, but the immersion was really broken by the pop-bottle thing. I expected a punchline but got none, and was pretty much less amused and more confused by it.

Overall, though, I enjoyed this, so good luck to you. =3

I'm not RELATED to Alex... is that what comes across?

Shit. I was thanking "my brother," whose name is a mystery to everyone but me because he values his privacy, and THEN, I was thanking Alex Steacy of LRR. Alex has a brother, and he's someone else.

If I was related to someone in LoadingReadyRun, I'd just help them out instead of entering this contest.

I'm glad you like it, and yeah, I'm sorta regretting the pop bottle thing, but I wanted to make something absurd. I wanted to do something else, but I got sniped, so I had to put in something else (and I didn't think Truth or Craigslist would go on quite that long).

Reply to Thread

Have an account? Login below:
With Facebook:Login With Facebook
or
Username:  
Password:  

Not registered? To sign up for an account with The Escapist:
Register With Facebook
Register With Facebook
or
Register for a free account here